Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Rory on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

"That's uh, close to what I had in mind. We'll need Liam with us for her to really believe it, but if she doesn't see us all coming out, won't she be onto us? She's also expecting me to call her with her pendant..."

Something doesn't seem right. Hunter eyes the amber pendant with suspicion, then holds it out for Jojo. "Can you 'check' this for me?"
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:30 pm

"If Liam's with us, it means we don't bullshit. We don't exchange pleasantries, don't beat around the bush. We straight out play it like it is: we suspect them, and we want the finger back. Because no way will she think we're still on her side the moment she sees him." - Carlos reasons

"That being said, we DO need Liam to guide whoever's planning to get the drop on them. Me and Kat should be enough to approach Nesme - we work together well enough, and can't really sneak around all that well; we'd only compromise you."

ooc:
Carlos will signal Jojo to keep quiet when examining the pendant. If the thing is bugged, the last thing we need is Nesme knowing that we know.
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Zeiss wrote:She scratches her head, returns to the flower... and plucks it from the branch.

A white light flashes from the flower, blinding Katheryn. When she can see again, she finds that she is standing outside in a great, moonlit meadow. The moon looms large in the night sky, larger than Kat's ever seen it, as it rests within a great sea of bright, twinkling stars. To Kat's left a brook babbles its way through the night while on her right a great forest stretches across the horizon. She seems to be standing on a hill. The tree, so large back in Eyton's Grove, is now a much smaller version of itself, no more than a magic oak tree of the usual size. From behind Katheryn a woman's voice is heard. "Hello."

When Kat turns around she sees an elven woman with fine, white hair in a fine, strapless white dress. No, strike that, her eyes are orbs of pearlescent blue, marking her as eladrin, one of the other elven races. Kat had seen one from a distance back in Therund. The eladrin lady's skin is as pale as moonlight and around her head float 9 moats of white light. She is sitting on a marble chair, decorated with carved vines and flowers, surrounded by a small pond of elvish make. There is an air of sadness about the woman which doesn't quite reach her eyes. She folds her delicate hands in her lap and waits for Katheryn to speak.

Rory wrote:"That's uh, close to what I had in mind. We'll need Liam with us for her to really believe it, but if she doesn't see us all coming out, won't she be onto us? She's also expecting me to call her with her pendant..."

Something doesn't seem right. Hunter eyes the amber pendant with suspicion, then holds it out for Jojo. "Can you 'check' this for me?"

K wrote:"If Liam's with us, it means we don't bullshit. We don't exchange pleasantries, don't beat around the bush. We straight out play it like it is: we suspect them, and we want the finger back. Because no way will she think we're still on her side the moment she sees him." - Carlos reasons

"That being said, we DO need Liam to guide whoever's planning to get the drop on them. Me and Kat should be enough to approach Nesme - we work together well enough, and can't really sneak around all that well; we'd only compromise you."

ooc:
Carlos will signal Jojo to keep quiet when examining the pendant. If the thing is bugged, the last thing we need is Nesme knowing that we know.

Jojo takes the pendent. "Good idea. This will take a while though." He nods at Carlos in acknowledgement.

"Why don't we rest for a bit? I will keep watch in case the people outside become impatient."

"Let's go to the other bedroom so we can give the others some privacy."

Hunter and Jojo leave the bedroom to rest elsewhere so Jojo can examine the pendent. It will take a short rest, which is 1 hour.

After they leave Zoe looks around and says, "Speaking of Kat, where is she? I haven't seen her in a while."

Tom speaks up, "She left."
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:45 pm

"¿Oy, i think we mopped up but does no mean we should just wander alone, eh?" - Carlos goes off to look for her.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 pm

Kathryn admires the landscape she has just fallen in, as if brought here by magic... which must be the case, when she thinks about it. Nevertheless, the vision presented to her is magnificent enough to curl her lips into a smile. But once she sees the elven woman, her eyes widen in awe, even more amazed than before, and she can't help but let her mouth hang open. It takes a few seconds before she can answer.

"Uh... hi." She timidly waves at the woman. "Are you... the tree? I'm Kathryn. I mean, you already know my name, so I shouldn't repeat myself. I'm just a little nervous. And not very smart. Sorry, I'm babbling. Are we still in the grove?"
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:18 am

"Oh, um, no to both," she responds shyly, "But Eyton visits me sometimes. He's the one who brought you here." She indicates the tree with a delicate wave of her hand. "My name is Eninahes and this is, um, that is to say this is my well. It's, er, nice to meet you." She finishes nervously. Well, huh? She must mean the pond. Upon closer inspection it does seem to lack fish or anything else Kat would expect in a pond so maybe it is a well. Weird. And what's up with that name? It's like no elven name Kat has ever heard.

-----------------------------

"I'll help," offers Zoe.

"I'll help too," says Liam, "You two be staying here, you hear?"

Lilly and Tom nod their heads.

"And see if you can't lay down for a while. Don't be scared. We won't be far."

Carlos, Zoe, and Liam spend the next 10 minutes searching Eyton's Grove. Katheryn is no longer in the cavern complex. Liam changes into a wolfhound and begins trying to smell out where Kat could have gone. His nose leads him to the Tree. After changing back he sneezes, readjusting to his human olfactory senses and exclaims, "She was here, I'm sure of it! But she seems to disappear from this spot!"

"But where could she have gone?" asks Zoe, clearly worried about her friend.

"I'm not sure. Let me ask Eyton." He walks up to tree and places his hand upon its trunk. After a few moments of communion with the tree he says, "Eyton here says she is safe. He took her to visit a friend of his in the Feywild."

"What in the Nine Hells is she doing there?!" exclaims an unhappy Zoe.

"No idea. He'll only say 'It's important.'"

OOC:
The commotion of searching for Katheryn is such that Hunter can join the group in front of Eyton's Tree if he wishes. Don't worry, Jojo will continue to analyze the pendant.

Last edited by Kolson on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Eninahes' name.)
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:33 am

Carlos looks at Liam - "I thought you had to be able to... you know, do something special to commune with the tree." - he manages, a bit flabbergasted - "You can, like, just walk up and say hello?"
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:34 am

Hunter nocks an arrow and grimly nods to Jojo. Who's messing around out there? Will he be back? He can't sign very well, and he doesn't know the answer to either besides. He leaves the room they chose with his bow out, ready to fire at the first sudden movement, and follows the noise.

When he arrives at the chamber where the tree grows, he stows the arrow. "Just you guys, then? I heard a commotion."

Then he notices the party tank's absence. "Where's Kathryn?"
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:31 pm

The white-haired warrior briefly examines the pond and the way it reflects her own likeness before she returns her attention on the elven woman.

"So you're not the tree?" Kathryn is a little surprised. "But he still brought me here... Then you're the one who can answer my question, right?"
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:09 am

K wrote:Carlos looks at Liam - "I thought you had to be able to... you know, do something special to commune with the tree." - he manages, a bit flabbergasted - "You can, like, just walk up and say hello?"

"You can sometimes. We tend the tree and talk to Eyton often, so he's more awake than spirits usually are. And recent events have no doubt captured his interest besides." He looks back at the tree thoughtfully. "He helps move us to the Feywild sometimes but he's never done it on his own. Very strange."

Rory wrote:When he arrives at the chamber where the tree grows, he stows the arrow. "Just you guys, then? I heard a commotion."

Then he notices the party tank's absence. "Where's Kathryn?"

Zoe points at the great oak tree. "The spirit of that tree has taken her to the Feywild, home plane of the fey. We don't know why." She stares at the tree and shivers. "Liam? Can we follow her?"

"Eyton says he doesn't want to spook his friend. She's apparently very shy. I might be able to talk him into it if only a few of us go. I'm willing to go."

"I really want to rescue her," says Zoe with a sigh, "but we all can't go so I'll stay here. Someone should stay with Jojo and the kids."

Zeiss wrote:"So you're not the tree?" Kathryn is a little surprised. "But he still brought me here... Then you're the one who can answer my question, right?"

Eninahes looks at Eyton in confusion. In response, the wind picks up, blowing the leaves and branches of the tree, making a response of sorts. During the shaking and blowing Eninahes' eyes grow wide and she starts crying. "I'm so, so, sorry," she wails in response, "I thought she was my f-f-f-friend!" She looks miserable.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:18 am

This sudden flow of tears takes Kathryn off-guard, and she hesitates on what to do next, but only briefly. Just like she did for her younger siblings so many times before, she takes the woman in her arms, and gently pats her back to console her.

"Ssh... It's okay. I don't know what happened, but we'll make everything better."
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:23 am

Carlos looks up at the tree. Hesitates a bit, then - "Uh, hello, Eyton." - he fumbles - "I'm just a hammer wiel... uh, Carlos." - he fumbles some more - "I was just wond -- i mean, i'm just a bit worr --" - until he finally settles on - "¿uh, can i see my friend? ¿Please?"
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:51 am

With firm purpose and a guarded mind, Hunter steps forward and makes his case to Eyton. "My uncle is in the Woodsinger clan. I don't think you would knowingly put Kathryn in danger when sending her to the Feywild, but if danger finds her, I want to be there." And I want to return.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:49 am

The Mortal World...

Two branches stretch and grow towards Carlos and Hunter, once again producing two red flowers. Hunter recognizes them as a type of rose, though he's never seen their like before.

Liam is shocked by this turn of events. "Oh, I see how it is. Why send the druid from your own Circle when you can send two warriors from the Spirits-knows-where instead? Daft tree." He lightly kicks the tree in disgust and steps back and addresses Carlos and Hunter. "Lucky you. You both get to go to the Feywild. Huzzah. Once you pluck the roses you'll be shunted through the planes to wherever Eyton has bound you. Oh, and don't lose those flowers. They ensure the protection of the Summer Queen Tiandra of the Court of Stars. No fey will mess with you on pain of death so long as you bear her rose."

"Be polite always but don't accept any gifts or food and don't acknowledge any debts to anyone while you are there," warns Zoe. "You may find yourself bound to a being with it's own priorities and it's own sense of right and wrong. It might be harmless, it might not, but I promise you, you don't want to find out the hard way. Avandra be with you both."

---------------------------------------------------

The Feywild...

Eninahes goes stiff at being hugged but soon returns the gesture. "Oh Katheryn, you are so kind! It's more than I d-d-deserve! All Eyton's people are dead now because of m-m-me!"
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:57 am

"Sorry, Liam. Maybe he's thinking you're needed here with the niños, considering... you know."

"It's cool, i'm not hungry anyway. Thanks, Zoe."

Carlos plucks the flower.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:19 am

"Not all of them." Her hand gently rubs the elf's head. "Liam, Lily and Tom are still there, and whoever hurt their friends will have to answer for their crimes. Whatever you think you did, it's not your fault. Trust me on that."
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pm

[When I have *plucked* the rose...]

"Roses on a tree... Very strange."

Hunter is about to ignore Liam and just snatch the rose in front of him when he actually offers the two of them advice, and he listens to both him and Zoe.

"Thank you both. We will be careful. And thank you for choosing me, Eyton." Being what I am. With a religious gesture and a silent prayer to Bahamut, he reaches out and plucks the rose with Determination! And puts it in his front pocket. The Dos and Don'ts cycle through in his mind...

Keep the roses close.
Be polite.
Do not take food or drink.
Do not acknowledge debt.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:10 pm

The Mortal World...

After our heroes pluck the roses, they are blinded by a great white light...

The Feywild...

...and find themselves standing in a moonlit meadow. The moon looms large in the night sky, larger than either Carlos or Hunter have ever seen. It rests within a great sea of bright, twinkling stars. To your guy's left a brook babbles its way through the night while on your right a great forest stretches across the horizon revealing you are on a hill. The tree Eyton, so large back in his Grove, is now a much smaller version of himself, no more than a magic oak tree of the usual size.

When you guys turn around you find Katheryn comforting a crying eladrin woman. The eladrin lady's skin is as pale as moonlight and around her head float 9 moats of white light. She is sitting on a marble chair, decorated with carved vines and flowers, surrounded by a small pond of elvish make.

"Oh, more visitors," she sniffles, "And here I am looking awful." Her pearlescent blue orbs are puffy from crying. She stops hugging Katheryn and pulls a silk handkerchief from between her breasts and blows her nose and wipes her eyes, trying to reclaim some of her dignity in front of the men.
Kolson

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:25 pm

Carlos scracthes his head awkwardly - "Um... hello. I'm uh, Carlos. Here with Katita over there. Just came by to check on her." - he tries to explain - "¿Are you alright, señorita?"
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:04 pm

Hunter gets lost in the scene before he notices Kathryn and the crying eladrin. Seeing the apparent lack of danger settles him. "There you are. You shouldn't wander off like that without saying anything."

He greets the eladrin, "M-my lady," and bows a little awkward bow. His tale comes around from behind him so the can fidget with the end of it.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:45 am

Kathryn leans over Eninahes and whispers to her, "I'll run interference. Take your time."

The white-haired mercenary walks up to Carlos and Hunter, takes their hand in hers, and widens the distance between them and the eladrin. Kathryn also forces her companions to focus their attention on the landscape instead of the elven lady, giving her plenty of time to compose herself.
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by K on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:50 am

Carlos gets the idea - "¡Oh! Right." - and cooperates with Kat.
K

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:51 pm

Hunter's attention is on the merc now only because he doesn't understand, and he resists. "W-what. Kat, what are you doing?" he whispers.
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:06 pm

"Giving some privacy to Eninahes. Now just follow me."
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory on Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:48 pm

"But--fine." He allows her to lead him. "Did she tell you anything?"
Rory

Character sheet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top