Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 14 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by K Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Carlos wastes no time in getting the first one out - "Where's Ludmilla?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 14 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Rory Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

"And where's Nesme gone to?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 pm

"Nesme ordered Allinandra to kill her. She slit her throat and left her body in the meadow off that way." He points to the southwest. "She should be in a small depression 20 yards from the tree line. Nesme wasn't here when we arrived. We were ordered to meet the daughter and to kill you." His eyes indicate everyone here.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:22 pm

"Someone watch him!" - Carlos urges, and dashes in the direction the Woodsinger pointed.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:25 pm

Kathryn is shaking, struggling not to kill their prisoner. But she doesn't make any threatening movement.

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:33 pm

"Collect some blood," he says as Carlos runs to the body.

Hunter blinks away some moisture in his eyes. My fault, again. I'm sorry, Uncle.

"Where is Nesme now?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:55 pm

Carlos is joined by Liam, who turns into a wolf, and Jojo who keeps pace with his dwarven friend. Thanks to Liam's wolf nose they find Ludmilla quickly. She is laying on her stomach. When Liam yells her name she doesn't move. As Carlos and Jojo run up he indicates for all three of you to carefully roll her over onto her back. When you've done so, you guys find swollen and bruised old woman, covered in blood. Liam goes to work checking her vitals.

----------------------------------------------

"I don't know."

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Carlos grits his teeth - "Well, her throat hasn't been cut. ¿Can you heal her?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:17 pm

"I want a location and a direction. Use your best judgment."

K:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:26 pm

"I don't know. I'll try." Liam hits Ludmilla with a healing spell. For a moment it doesn't appear to be working but the old woman gasps in pain as bones start snapping back into place. "She's alive!" Liam says in relief. Jojo released the breath he was holding. Liam hits the ranger with another healing spell. The cuts start closing and the swelling has started going down.

-----------------------------------------------------

"A location for what? Nesme? I don't know. Why would the Heirophant ever tell me her movements? The druids live in small camps throughout the woods. Go ask some of them."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Carlos releases a breath as well - "You don't have a lot of luck today, Ludmilla. Don't try to move; you got beat up twice over already."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:43 pm

The old woman's jaw cracks back into place with a scream of pain. The swelling begins to go down immediately and she opens her eyes. She doesn't try to move but it's clear she's recognized you guys when she immediately relaxes. "It be good to see ye again, dwarf. I be thinking you are right. But then one could say I be lucky to be alive, aye? In which case I be thanking Avandra most heartily."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 pm

"¿They beat you up in your sleep or somethin? ¿What happened?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:47 pm

"You suggest I go and ask your friends, after I am unsatisfied with your answer? Careful, I just might. She has other allies in the Woodsingers, yes? Where are they? How many carrying out orders today, and what orders are those?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Kathryn lowers her head to the level of the elven man, and glares at him, prompting him to answer truthfully.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:40 am

"It be as you say. Nesme got to kicking as soon as ye be gone. I be in dead sleep. Almost just dead. Started blaming me and the Rangers for her the failure of her own foul schemes, as if any descent folk would let them stand if it weren't for their numbers. Clearly didn't expect me to live. If not for Allinandra dumping me out here, Ludmilla would be no more, tis sure." She coughs.

"Here, drink this," says Jojo carefully holding his waterskin to the old ranger's lips. She takes a sip, swishes it around and then spits it on the ground. She then drinks deeply. Liam sits back in relief, "You'll need more healing before this is over but I'm glad to see you old ranger, though I wish it were better times."

Jojo pulls the waterskin away. Ludmilla smiles and tries to move into a more comfortable position but winces in pain. After the spasm passes she decides to hold her current position instead. "Aye, thank ye for saving this fool. What happened to you lot while I was out?"

------------------------------------------------------

Peren visibly gulps at the overt and implied threats of Hunter and Katheryn. "There are few in the clan who openly support the Harken's Heart. You know that. But we are from the Pireshnael in the west wood. The druids help fight the Daggerburg Goblins, and so have much support among our people there. Gero there?" He points at the dead bladesinger. "His father is the head man of our village. You've made a great enemy killing his son. He won't forgive or forget. I have too in my failure."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:10 am

"Uh..." - Carlos fumbles, as he tries to recall it all - "...lot. This whole thing with the Gnolls has been one big complicated ruse. We're waiting for Allinandra to come back and tell us what's what, but at least she seems to be on our side."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am

Kathryn's face comes even closer to Peren's, and she proceeds to correct him. "No. He's the one who's made a great enemy of us."

She then looks at Hunter, and waits for his next question, if there is any.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:31 pm

Hunter takes the warning without the bother to correct him. They won't have to worry about him. "The infestation of goblins is outside of Harken's Heart territory, isn't it? And to have free reign over their power again, the curse must be broken. Is that why your village supports these radicals?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:24 pm

"I hope ye be right. Let's see if I can sit up."

Liam and Carlos move to her side to offer their assistance. Liam says, "Okay, we aren't actually going to lift her. We are going to be here to steady her and to offer our arms as handholds of a sort. Like this. When she is secure and gives the signal, we move back as she moves up." He shows Carlos and nods when the dwarf has it. "Ready when you are Ludmilla."

The old ranger grabs Carlos' and Liam's arms and pulls herself up with a grunt of pain. Her face is a little green but she looks pleased at her progress. "Let's try all the way up now."

This time is slower going but the ranger is soon on her feet. She's a little wobbly and leans on Liam and Carlos while her sense of equilibrium balances but she's soon able to stand unaided. "I need to rest a bit and then you lot can help me out of here and back to the others. Have any of you seen my swords?"

------------------------------------------------------

Peren shakes his head in disagreement. "You've been gone too long, ranger. Daggerburg territory has expanded of late, even into the wood itself. Their warg riders strike even into the east wood now. If it weren't for the druids we'd all be dead. Any help they get in my village and the others like it is earned in blood."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:31 pm

"Sorry, can't say i have. We took down a bunch of armed Woodsingers back there, if you need some backups. You really shouldn't even breathe hard right now, though."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:49 pm

Kathryn frowns, clearly displeased by these revelations. "So what? Nesme asked you to help her, and you just said yes? Do you know why we're here? Do you even care?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:01 pm

"I hope they turn up, I be having those swords for a long time now. Ah well, let's be off then." The four of you start making your way back, stopping to let Ludmilla rest a few times. I'll let you know when you rejoin the main group K.

----------------------------

Peren scoffs at her implications. "My chief says kill the intruders, I kill the intruders. What's more important than clan, family, and land, outsider? This is our home and our woods. And you aren't wanted here."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Kathryn smacks the back of Peren's head like if he was a child that just said a big word. "You just so happens to have intruded on the grove of the Eyton's druids, you dumbass. You're the intruder here. And you know what? One of them is coming back soon, and when he does, you can tell him what you just told me."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Peren recovers from the smack and stares at Katheryn in open hatred.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 22  Next