Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 21 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Kolson Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 pm

"Oh?" Zoe changes back and grabs hold of Carlos and begins slow dancing with him. She'll lead since she knows the steps. "Put your hands here and here. Now, put your feet like this and this and this. Now repeat in time to your heart beat. 1-2-3, 1-2-3..."

Allinandra, looks at Liam. "If you don't want to dance with me I understand."

Liam slowly nods. "Yes, I'll pass."

Allinandra nods back.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 21 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by K Wed May 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Carlos starts off a bit too fast but forces himself to slow it down a notch or two. He's a bit less out of it, now that it's about dancing normally.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 10, 2017 10:06 pm

"Oh, here we go. Accelerating the lesson, are we?"

Hunter keeps his eyes off of Kathryn's neckline, but his other left foot really shows. He steps on Kathryn's toes twice and they have dance a little more at arms-length to compensate. "I wouldn't mind staying like this for...an indeterminate amount of time," he teases.

"You really like to dance, don't you Kat?"

rolls if you care:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Kathryn has been beaming with joy since she's started dancing with a partner, and the way she moves, she seems to be a natural at it.

Hunter wrote:"I wouldn't mind staying like this for...an indeterminate amount of time," he teases.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind either," she innocently replies, a big smile stuck on her face.

Hunter wrote:"You really like to dance, don't you Kat?"

"Of course! We should all enjoy it while we can. Oh! We should dance at the next tavern we stop at! It would be better with some music."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 10, 2017 10:52 pm

"I agree, It's kinda hard doing this without a melody to pace my steps to. A sip of something strong would do without."

He can't help smiling as well. "That smile is infectious."

"You know, the gods may guard their forests and mountains and rivers jealously, but way we show happiness, that others can read it on our faces, is an expression of nature's beauty, says I. I think Melora would yield that observation. What about you? Are you the religious sort, or am I just talking nonsense?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 pm

The young woman tilts her head and ponders Hunter's question, but continues to dance as gracefully as before. "Hmm, I don't think you're speaking nonsense, even if I pray to no gods in particular. But if I did pray to one of them, it'd probably be Avandra! If not for luck, I would never have found my armor."

Recalling this memory has a positive effect on Kathryn, and as she tightens her embrace on Hunter, she takes the lead and starts to dance in circles.

"Yeah!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 10, 2017 11:35 pm

"Hmm...are you sure? If the God's hand in luck is universal, are devils lucky because She wanted them to be? If they aren't, doesn't that mean they simply achieve their goals because they worked hard enough at them?"

ooc:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 10, 2017 11:45 pm

Her smile briefly disappears, replaced by a look of consternation, until it finally transforms into a wide grin.

"I don't know!" she proudly declares. "It doesn't really matter if Avandra guided me to this armor. What matters is what I do with it. And for now, I decided to not wear it so we could dance!"

She then closes her eyes, and in a very childish manner, she begins to hum an old song that most people have heard at least once in their life.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 pm

"Heh, would you punch me if I said that was the best decision you've made all day?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 pm

Kathryn doesn't catch the double-entendre, and answers with a jolly tone, "Of course not! But I bet I'll make even better decisions for the rest of the day."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 11, 2017 12:20 am

"Uh...great, I hope so too. Anyway, let me know when you're ready to stop dancing. Assuming the others don't get tired before us."

"I don't remember any songs my mother used to sing to me. She sang to my younger brothers, though. I was old enough to remember that."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 11, 2017 12:32 am

Kathryn interrupts her humming to share something of her own. "Oh, I used to sing to my brothers and sisters when I put them to bed. The youngest wouldn't go to sleep unless I sang a lullaby for him."

Her eyes still closed, she starts to hum again.

Last edited by Zeiss on Thu May 11, 2017 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 11, 2017 12:55 am

Hunter stops talking and just lets her hum uninterrupted while they dance. Oh...ah, I see, so that's what she's doing.

[That's it for us]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 am

Carlos finally calms down enough to pipe up - "So... this took a weird turn."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 pm

"How so?" She leads Carlos another foot away from Hunter and Katheryn after seeing the ranger step on her feet a few times. "Are you saying you've never danced in a field before to no music?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Carlos forgets the nervousness a smidge - "¿Are you saying you have?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 pm

"Nope, never. But the wind blows and you follow and now I can say I have! Lovely day."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 6:52 pm

Carlos shrugs with a chuckle - "Ay, if you count everything between first entering that Grove and a few minutes ago."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 6:56 pm

She laughs. "Yeah, you get it. We don't forget the wrongs but they have their own time and place. Now is the time for dancing! And silly antics! And why is Hot Lips staring at us? It's weird."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 6:58 pm

Carlos suddenly remembers something - "When i looked in the White Well, i saw you giving him an apple. And... i think he could see me. Somehow."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 7:01 pm

"Really? How interesting." She chews on her lip for a moment. A smile slowly creeps onto her face and when she looks into Carlos' eyes they sparkle with a mischievous light. "Let's moon him!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Carlos gasps - "¿What? ¿¡Why!?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 7:06 pm

"To teach him a lesson of course! It's creepy to stare at people. Give him a show and slap it for good measure. Do it Carlos!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Carlos blinks a few times, unsure of how to say what he wants to say until he just does it mechanically - "Zoe... i don't really want to drop my pants and moon that mule. He already has to cart Jojo's business everywhere, and he must have some weird mule mojo going on to be able to see me looking at him across time through a mystic well; who knows what else he's capable of." - then he sighs - "And we just got past the booty shaking part; i was kinda enjoying this slow bit."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 11, 2017 7:15 pm

"Oh, is that a fact? And what are you enjoying about it?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next