Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 09: Epilogue

+9
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
K
Gwydo
Ashakel
Evanar
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First Adventure 09: Epilogue - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 09: Epilogue

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 am

Gwydo:
The local stablemaster is willing to part with up to 3 horses for 75g a piece. They are light horses, generally used for scouting, but can pull if moving together. The Wagon he will part with for 35g.

Adventurer's Guild Board:

The Board of Bills for the first time since you've been here has two Bills upon the otherwise empty Board. There's only some info upon them, as usual, but it is as follows:
The first Bill is for a mining town a few days travel south, called Al-Ferin. The Order is the petitioner for the Bill, as they had rented out one of the abandoned mines in the area and were using it as a makeshift research and construction lab to produce Golems. One of their Golems has gone amok and they want a group of adventurers to help with the problem. The Order is willing to negotiate the fee depending on exact results.

The second Bill is for a desert town a few days travel east of here, much closer to Al-Jalima, named Kheynth. The details of this Bill are vague except to state that they want investigators to determine what is wrong with their water supply in the local river. It adds that due to state-wide concerns no official individuals have been available to investigate thusfar, leading towards the Bill. The town's Mayor is posting this Bill, and does not have much in the way of gold to pay with but will do what she can on behalf of the town.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 am

Upon getting paid, Kolson heads to to the local Country Express. After waiting in line for 10 minutes, he is helped by an old and kindly looking orc gentleman. "Hello. How can I help you, sir?"

"Hello, I've got some mail to send out," says Kolson with a smile.

"The first consists of this letter and the object in this bag, both to be sent to Professor Ywete at Arandite Academy, Aluvia. Please be careful not to touch it as it is very dangerous for folks with an earth affinity. I recommend labeling it as hazardous material."

Post 1:

"The second, is going to Holtburg."

Post 2:

"The third, is also going to Holtburg, but a different address. It will also contain an amount of gold, so if I can get some kind of insurance, that would be appreciated."

Post 3:

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 am

*reading over the two Bills carefully she finds herself once again annoyed at how little information is posted in them. It seems as though the first bill would either require disabling or destroying the Golem. That could be... difficult depending on what kind of golem it is... And the reward would change depending on the results. Though she didn't particularly care about the money, her funds were running low after the purchase of that lovely quill amulet. The second bill was even more vague. Investigate a water supply and the reward is very small. She felt a mild sense of empathy for the town of Kheynth, but she hoped the group would move toward Al-Ferin.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:45 am

Snarg of Wildpaw bounds towards Al-Erat, ignoring the stares and frightened looks of the local townsfolk. Stopping to sniff the air every few minutes, he seems to finally catch the scent of what he's looking for, and takes off full-speed.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:49 am

After finall being paid, Zeiss went to the market. He needed better equipment.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg of Wildpaw bounds towards Al-Erat, ignoring the stares and frightened looks of the local townsfolk. Stopping to sniff the air every few minutes, he seems to finally catch the scent of what he's looking for, and takes off full-speed.

Spoiler:
Snarg:
After a bit of searching you catch the very distinct scent of Olthoi and make your way towards the Bill Board, finding the group gathered before it discussing their options.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:12 am

After reading the two bills, Kolson votes for investigating the river, but is willing to go along with the others to take out the golem.

He would prefer to take nothing from the pile and leave the rest for his fellow adventurers.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:14 am

The Gnoll bounds up to the group, making very sure to be seen and heard. Stopping just short of the party, he begins to count the number gathered there.

"One... two... three... four..." he trails off and silently finishes the count, pointing at each member at the board. "You're missin' a few of ya." he finally gathers after finishing his count.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:18 am

"Pfft. What about it, Hyena?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 am

He ignored Rory.

"What do you want?"

He hoped that they didn't need any more help. Zeiss had stayed long enough in this city.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:21 am

"humm this first bill has perked my interest, this Golem lab... *after all at the end of the day as much as i don't like it is prity much what i am* and while i find the second bill intriguing there isn't enoth info for me to be drawn to it, i vote for the golem probl......."

Tab stops mid word as a Gnoll pounds up to them?

"good day hummm my good Gnoll can we be of any more help?!"

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 am

"Ah, I remember you!" he says, pointing at the Human, "You're a strange one; never seen your kind before a few nights ago. Hmmmm..." he seems to carefully study the Human for a moment. "Anyway, I'm here under orders of boss Gnawbone. He's really appreciative for what ya did and I'm his way of personally expressin' that."

The Gnoll does an imitation of what you think might be some sort of bow. "Snarg of Wildpaw, here to be yer guide and give ya protection. I've been around this area and beyond, so I'm your number one Gnoll for lettin' ya know what's beyond any hill; around every tree; under every mountain!"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:31 am

Rory was a little disgruntled from their fruitless efforts in uncovering a conspiracy, their fruitless efforts in apprehending a hostile from the fight two days ago, his fruitless efforts from the previous night. After hearing the Gnoll out, he abandoned his gruff demeanor.

"Those would be very useful things to know," he acquiesced. "How long and far are you willing to travel with us?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 am

"The longer and further the better, I say. I got some business for the boss I can be doin' at the same time I'm helpin' this group get through the area." Snarg looks hesitant for a moment, obviously thinking over what he just said. "Well, there's a few places we might not want to be goin' to, but I'll let ya know if that's the case. I know heaps about what's going on around here and who's camping where, so I can let you know where you're not wantin' to travel." he drags his finger slowly across his throat, making an exaggerated deathly gurgling sound, "if ya get my point."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:42 am

*walking up to the gnoll, kezrinthka bows and extends a hind claw, though she does not know his name she clearly recognizes his distinctive speech patterns. She has met this gnoll before, though where she cannot remember*

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance once more my friend. To think we would see each other again so far from our place of introduction."

*She sincerely hoped she hadn't mistaken him, but very few gnolls spoke in such a... distinctive manner.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 am

Snarg grasps the claw and shakes it very vigorously. "Ah, I thank ya for the greeting, although I don't recall meetin' ya before. You did me a favor leadin' me to these fellas - I followed ya scent! Don't take a dip in the river anytime soon."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:52 am

"If you really want to guide us on safer roads, maybe you could help us choose our next contract?"

Zeiss pointed to the billboard.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 am

"Now!" Snarg clasps his hands together, "Let's see what ya got there. Snarg'll let ya know which way your goin' to be goin' to be goin' safe." he goes over to read the notices.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:54 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg grasps the claw and shakes it very vigorously. "Ah, I thank ya for the greeting, although I don't recall meetin' ya before. You did me a favor leadin' me to these fellas - I followed ya scent! Don't take a dip in the river anytime soon."

Spoiler:
"Thanks..." said Rory, not quite sure what to make of the advice beyond curling his lip in slight disgust.

"You look strong," he comments while Snar reads the bills. "What's the most dangerous thing you feel confident against? Also, what's the biggest skirmish you've been in, and how many people did you kill?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote: The Gnoll's "handshake" is VERY strong.
*Kezrinthka gives a slight grin at the strength the gnoll put into his hand shake. She definitely remembers this one. She met him briefly in passing shortly after entering Stonehold and he was the only adult she me there who showed no signs of fear toward her. He had greeted her in much the same fashion back then. The fates were in her favor recently it seemed. The group had not yet broken up, she had encountered TWO of the rumored humans, AND she had become reacquainted with a gnoll who had been a saving grace to her at the beginning of her journey.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 am

Snarg looks up from reading the notices to address the Human. "Ahhh, yes! Strongest in the tribe of Wildpaw!" He suddenly looks slightly ashamed. "Ah, well, aside from boss Gnawbone that is."

He easily takes his greatsword off of his back with a single hand and twirls it around a bit while speaking. "Best not to mess with the best if ya don't want to be takin' a dirt nap. But, if ya run in to any of them magic beasts, I'll take care of 'em real quick."

Satisfied with his display, he puts the greatsword away and pulls out his longbow, drawing it back easily and sniping imaginary targets. "Biggest battle I ever seen was when boss Gnawbone caught 'em a bunch of raiders, at least a dozen, goin' after supplies when were travelin'; too dark to know how many I killed, but when all was said 'n done, at least half of 'em came down by our arrows," he puts the longbow back and jabs a finger at his chest, "and I was the only one shootin' that night!"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 am

Satisfied with his answer, and noting that he did not mention a kind of enemy that he doubted himself against, Rory nodded and waited on the Gnoll's recommendation from the board.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:17 am

"Excuse me... what were you saying?"

Zeiss pointed at the billboard, again.

"You were going to tell us what is the safest road to travel."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 am

"Yes, yes, now, let's see here..." Snarg said quickly as he turned his attention back to the notices.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content