Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Thread

+11
Sethos
Rory
Gwydo
Archengeia
Caladrius
Araiguna
Essoje
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Admin
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Character Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Character Thread

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:11 am

Archengeia wrote:
Araiguna wrote:
Archengeia wrote:
Araiguna wrote:well, i filled out everything (except the to-hit stuff.. i'm still a little unclear about that) but as far as everything else goes i think im good to go. Arch, let me know if i screwed up horribly and need to edit anything, otherwise I'll leave it as is.
P.s. I thought the character image was fitting to say the least lol!

Like the avatar.
In brief summary, your Martial To-Hit is exactly what it sounds like; the total number you add to your d20 to determine if you hit or not. This takes into account BAB, attribute bonuses if applicable, additional attacks per round (so like +5/+3 for example), magical bonuses from your weapons, feats... all that sort of thing.
ok, for some reason i was thinking I really couldn't determine it because I would need to know the enemies armor class, but now that i see that you add it to the d20 i see i was wrong.
so in my case since i have a -2 on both of my weapons (dual wielding so -4) + BAB of 5 (+1 ranger +1 being small +3 str mod) + 2 for 2 attacks? so it would be 3?
Actually the way it works is, thanks to having a light offhand weapon and the two-weapon fighting feat (you do have that right?) the penalty is reduced to -2/-2 baseline. With your BAB of 1, plus the small 1, plus the 3 to STR. Then there's one other thing to be taken into account, which I'm going to just quote wholesale:

Normally, operating a light crossbow requires two hands. However, you can shoot, but not load, a light crossbow with one hand at a –2 penalty on attack rolls. You can shoot a light crossbow with each hand, but you take a penalty on attack rolls as if attacking with two light weapons.

So we started with -2/-2, added in your attack modifiers pushing that to +3/+3, but then factor in the penalty for them being crossbows pushing us down to +1/+1. And THAT is your Martial To-Hit, however you want to notate it (mainhand attack at +1, offhand attack at +1).

One other thing I want to add here regarding crossbows.

You draw a light crossbow back by pulling a lever. Loading a light crossbow is a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
But im not using any crossbows so would it remain at +3/+3?
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:12 am

Rory Vallon wrote:Mine's up! It's not missing anymore! Ding ding ding!

Read your updated backstory, props, I like it. Very suiting.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 am

Eugh whatever, here's the background then, for those that can't get through the link. Smile

-

…Strange, this is a day like any other for me, until it forced my heart to the ends of the Earth.

Am I crying? I’m seeing tears dropping from my face and I am making no attempt to stop them. I don’t really have a reason to anyhow. I’ll apologize to myself if this page is incoherent or unclear but I’ll rather be quick. I need to forget this day, and focus on the next step. Only what matters now.

The house was burned, rose to the ground and destroyed. Even now I can see the large pillars of ash and smoke rising from the distance of my ruined home. Father is dead. Or at least I presume he is.

Curses the heavens, my hands are still trembling. Am I scared? Should I be? I think so. He said never to be ashamed of it. That fear is as a natural part of growing up and living as anything else. Fear that forces you to stay alive and meet the next day. That is what I am going to do. Stay alive, keep the promised work done. Our work done.

Is this freedom? Now that he is gone, do I feel free? Father has said that our kind doesn’t know the meaning of liberty until we’ve truly broken the chains that are binding us deep within our cores since its creation. I have one last order to follow, and that is to see through my father’s life long goal. To release us, the men of animals from the more powerful, as futile as it might sounds. This is what keeping me alive now. What is giving me purpose. Binding me to what matters. That the Dericosts shall pay for what they’ve done, and what they have allowed to happen.

Will this turn out for the better? Is this the right thing to do? Where this task will lead and take me I can’t say. I do not know. All I know now is that I will see it through until I face the beyond itself. I vow that it’ll be so.

This will be my last entry for this journal. You’ve been a loyal friend.
I’ll miss you.

Evanar.
January Tenth, 348th Year

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 am

Araiguna wrote:But im not using any crossbows so would it remain at +3/+3?
*smacks head* I'm sorry, I'm in a lot of pain and tired. I was confusing you with having two light crossbows equipped. Yes it would remain at +3/+3.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:34 am

Archengeia wrote:
*smacks head* I'm sorry, I'm in a lot of pain and tired. I was confusing you with having two light crossbows equipped. Yes it would remain at +3/+3.
I'm the one with 2 light crossbows. I just don't have them both equipped. I have a clever plan on being able to use them both once before switching to melee combat is all Razz

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:05 am

Finally! My character sheet is... Completed! http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fl442s0n52wl6sm

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:26 am

Evanar wrote:Finally! My character sheet is... Completed! http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fl442s0n52wl6sm

Not too bad. Looks like all you have left is a few tidbits (by the way your starting gold is 2d6 x 10, which you can use to purchase starting equipment as you see fit), filling out your ranks in Skills, and picking some feats and yer good.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rellan Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:30 am

Rellan Armin
Gnome
Black Mage

Character Sheet
Backstory

Last edited by Rellan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Rellan
Rellan

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: None
Race: Gnome

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:33 am

Archengeia wrote:
Evanar wrote:Finally! My character sheet is... Completed! http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fl442s0n52wl6sm

Not too bad. Looks like all you have left is a few tidbits (by the way your starting gold is 2d6 x 10, which you can use to purchase starting equipment as you see fit), filling out your ranks in Skills, and picking some feats and yer good.

A couple of questions. Where can you buy equipment? (I'm imagining a site somewhere) How do I fill the ranks in Skills?

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 am

Here I'll just do the rolls for ya.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:34 am

The member 'Archengeia' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

#1 'D6' : 1, 1, 2, 2, 1

--------------------------------

#2 'D6' : 6, 2, 5, 2, 3

#3 'D6' : 4, 1, 3, 3, 2

#4 'D6' : 4, 1, 2, 2, 2

#5 'D6' : 6, 4, 6, 3, 1

#6 'D6' : 6, 3, 5, 5, 6
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:35 am

Hey, just popped on for a minute. In the final version you've got the skill points you put in to the skills in the bonus column. Just move them over to the ranks column and you're good. The racial bonuses and stuff like that are what go in the bonus column. e.g. if you put 2 skill points in weaving, track that in the "rank" column instead of the "bonus" column.

Check here for an equipment list:
http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/equipment.htm

For materials check here:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bz-lEDSl7cA2UzFMdUJnd0lDOE0/edit?usp=sharing&docId=1vT5bEByJmu_DBxMUnHtgnN3GCAgF_y-VgX2IbCuiqZc
Getting items made of different materials can modify the price, damage, or AC it provides along with other woogy stuff.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:41 am

Evanar wrote:
Archengeia wrote:

A couple of questions. Where can you buy equipment? (I'm imagining a site somewhere) How do I fill the ranks in Skills?
Yer a Black Mage so armor isn't really a consideration. For weapon you're only proficient in quarterstaff, dagger, or light crossbow, so here's a page with their stats and costs: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Weapons. Note that the cost listed there is assuming a Copper quality Material on the weapon.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3.5e_Equipment
And here's a rather large list of all the equipment you can peruse. I'd stick with the Mundane category for character creation personally.

As for Skills, it works like this. 2 + INT modifier * 4 is how many Skill points you have to put into Ranks. In your case that adds up to 24. So 24 points to burn.
There are two types of Skills.. Class Skills and Cross-Class Skills. I'm going to just paste the list of Black Mage Class Skills right here for your convenience:
Appraise, Athletics, Awareness, Concentration, Diplomacy, Deception, Gather Information, Heal, Knowledges, Perform, Profession, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device, Weaving
Most people mark in some manner which skills are Class Skills for future reference, I recommend doing so. Now, a Class Skill's maximum ranks is your level + 3 at any given point in time, so at the start the most you can put into a Class Skills' ranks is 4. A Class Skill costs one skill point per Rank, 1 to 1. Very simple.
A Cross Class Skill is every Skill I didn't just list. These can only ever be a maximum rank of half what a Class Skill can, and cost 2 skill points per 1 Rank, 2 to 1 ratio.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:01 am

For now I have bought only the Greatstaff since I have no idea how much other things cost.

Here's the updated.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9kbwu1ciahtkhta

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:12 am

Evanar wrote:For now I have bought only the Greatstaff since I have no idea how much other things cost.

Here's the updated.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?9kbwu1ciahtkhta

One niggle. You have 5 ranks in Spellcraft, but as I mentioned the max ranks you can have is level + 3, aka 4.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:51 pm

Just came to say that I uptaded my character sheet. You can find the link in my signature.

And I have a new avatar. Cool

Amazing work from Ivan. Props to him.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content