Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Thread

+11
Sethos
Rory
Gwydo
Archengeia
Caladrius
Araiguna
Essoje
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Admin
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Character Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Character Thread

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 am

Ashakel wrote:I've also made some adjustments to my CS since I discovered some miscalculations. I think it's ok now. Also, what is the starting gold in my case (not much I guess based on my backstory)?

Sorry about the delay in posting. Yes your starting gold is lower than average, at 2d6 x 10.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:43 am

Araiguna wrote:well, i filled out everything (except the to-hit stuff.. i'm still a little unclear about that) but as far as everything else goes i think im good to go. Arch, let me know if i screwed up horribly and need to edit anything, otherwise I'll leave it as is.
P.s. I thought the character image was fitting to say the least lol!

Like the avatar.
In brief summary, your Martial To-Hit is exactly what it sounds like; the total number you add to your d20 to determine if you hit or not. This takes into account BAB, attribute bonuses if applicable, additional attacks per round (so like +5/+3 for example), magical bonuses from your weapons, feats... all that sort of thing.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:44 am

Is my starting gold a pressing issue right now?
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:45 am

Araiguna wrote:
Evanar wrote:Okay, I am a complete noob here and I have very little time to get myself ready for Archen's main event, so a crash course from any of you would be very much appreciated. Smile
I'm kinda a noob too, but through careful observation, i've managed to figure out most of what I need. do you have anything specific that you need to know?

Everything? Just kidding, a summary of the important stuff would be nice. Smile

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:46 am

Sethos wrote:Is my starting gold a pressing issue right now?
Not necessarily, but after thinking about your backstory for a bit I've decided that you should start with 5d6 x 10.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 am

Evanar wrote:
Araiguna wrote:
Evanar wrote:Okay, I am a complete noob here and I have very little time to get myself ready for Archen's main event, so a crash course from any of you would be very much appreciated. Smile
I'm kinda a noob too, but through careful observation, i've managed to figure out most of what I need. do you have anything specific that you need to know?

From my understanding Ivan has never played D&D so help with what attributes are and how to roll them, Skills, HP, AC, how Mana works, how Spells work... should be a good starting point.

...normally I'd be typing that up now but I'm about to head out to pick the kids up, and then I'm going to lie down and hope my throat stops hurting.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:51 am

Archengeia wrote:
Araiguna wrote:well, i filled out everything (except the to-hit stuff.. i'm still a little unclear about that) but as far as everything else goes i think im good to go. Arch, let me know if i screwed up horribly and need to edit anything, otherwise I'll leave it as is.

Like the avatar.
In brief summary, your Martial To-Hit is exactly what it sounds like; the total number you add to your d20 to determine if you hit or not. This takes into account BAB, attribute bonuses if applicable, additional attacks per round (so like +5/+3 for example), magical bonuses from your weapons, feats... all that sort of thing.
ok, for some reason i was thinking I really couldn't determine it because I would need to know the enemies armor class, but now that i see that you add it to the d20 i see i was wrong.
so in my case since i have a -2 on both of my weapons (dual wielding so -4) + BAB of 5 (+1 ranger +1 being small +3 str mod) + 2 for 2 attacks? so it would be 3?
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 am

Evanar wrote:
Araiguna wrote:

You should probably start with the back story, that's the easy bit and it'll probably help you figure out your class and the kind of skills you want to put points into. What's your race?
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:56 am

Sethos wrote:
Evanar wrote:
Araiguna wrote:

You should probably start with the back story, that's the easy bit and it'll probably help you figure out your class and the kind of skills you want to put points into. What's your race?

Lyncanthrope, Red Wolf. Black Mage. As for the background... Where should I put it?

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:02 am

Evanar wrote:
Sethos wrote:
Evanar wrote:
Araiguna wrote:

Lyncanthrope, Red Wolf. Black Mage. As for the background... Where should I put it?

Character thread, I believe that's in OOC.

This document will tell you all about your class and various skills and bonuses that it comes with

EDIT: Wait, this is the character thread, god I'm tired XD
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 am

to expand on what Sethos just said:
there is a list of factions, notable settlements, and geographic areas in the player reference file in the "reference" thread link that arch has up. I'd suggest reading through that, picking a country and generic geographical feature/setting and going from there. another thing to note is that from my understanding lycanthropes are built/constructed by a creator through very advanced weaving or a similar process. something that relates to that is lycanthropes need to gain their freedom to be truly free in the whole sense of the word. i assume you can ether still be "legally bonded" to some NPC and arch can come up with a relevant in game reason for why you joined our little party, but i'd put that through him first.

Last edited by Araiguna on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : player reference, not magusien reference)
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:05 am

Mine's up! It's not missing anymore! Ding ding ding!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:06 am

Araiguna wrote:to expand on what Sethos just said:
there is a list of factions, notable settlements, and geographic areas in the magusien reference file in the "reference" thread link that arch has up. I'd suggest reading through that, picking a country and generic geographical feature/setting and going from there. another thing to note is that from my understanding lycanthropes are built/constructed by a creator through very advanced weaving or a similar process. something that relates to that is lycanthropes need to gain their freedom to be truly free in the whole sense of the word. i assume you can ether still be "legally bonded" to some NPC and arch can come up with a relevant in game reason for why you joined our little party, but i'd put that through him first.

I believe it's only the dericost that make lycanthropes, so that makes it an even more complex matter.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Araiguna wrote:to expand on what Sethos just said:
there is a list of factions, notable settlements, and geographic areas in the magusien reference file in the "reference" thread link that arch has up. I'd suggest reading through that, picking a country and generic geographical feature/setting and going from there. another thing to note is that from my understanding lycanthropes are built/constructed by a creator through very advanced weaving or a similar process. something that relates to that is lycanthropes need to gain their freedom to be truly free in the whole sense of the word. i assume you can ether still be "legally bonded" to some NPC and arch can come up with a relevant in game reason for why you joined our little party, but i'd put that through him first.

Don't worry, I already created the background for my Lycanthrope character, and Arch has went through it. I'll go check that reference page.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:11 am

just for clarification, i posted the wrong file. it's actually in the player reference file. sorry about that.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 am

Archengeia wrote:
Not necessarily, but after thinking about your backstory for a bit I've decided that you should start with 5d6 x 10.

Although it depends entirely on my roll, why so high?

I mean it makes sense, Sethos' dad paid for his tuition so it stands to reason he'd supply him with the money for the adventuring which I guess must have been relatively substantial if he made it to Holteburg.

Unless 5d6 x 10 isn't very high at all, and even then that makes sense since he may have blown alot of his money getting to Holteburg. I just kind of want to know your reasoning because I'm overly enthusiastic.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 am

Sethos wrote:Although it depends entirely on my roll, why so high?
Joker: Why so high, Batman? You know what happens to people under the influence at work.
Bane: No, his punishment must be more severe...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

Araiguna wrote:
Archengeia wrote:

Like the avatar.
ok, for some reason i was thinking I really couldn't determine it because I would need to know the enemies armor class, but now that i see that you add it to the d20 i see i was wrong.
so in my case since i have a -2 on both of my weapons (dual wielding so -4) + BAB of 5 (+1 ranger +1 being small +3 str mod) + 2 for 2 attacks? so it would be 3?
Actually the way it works is, thanks to having a light offhand weapon and the two-weapon fighting feat (you do have that right?) the penalty is reduced to -2/-2 baseline. With your BAB of 1, plus the small 1, plus the 3 to STR. Then there's one other thing to be taken into account, which I'm going to just quote wholesale:

Normally, operating a light crossbow requires two hands. However, you can shoot, but not load, a light crossbow with one hand at a –2 penalty on attack rolls. You can shoot a light crossbow with each hand, but you take a penalty on attack rolls as if attacking with two light weapons.

So we started with -2/-2, added in your attack modifiers pushing that to +3/+3, but then factor in the penalty for them being crossbows pushing us down to +1/+1. And THAT is your Martial To-Hit, however you want to notate it (mainhand attack at +1, offhand attack at +1).

One other thing I want to add here regarding crossbows.

You draw a light crossbow back by pulling a lever. Loading a light crossbow is a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 am

Sethos wrote:
Archengeia wrote:

Although it depends entirely on my roll, why so high?

I mean it makes sense, Sethos' dad paid for his tuition so it stands to reason he'd supply him with the money for the adventuring which I guess must have been relatively substantial if he made it to Holteburg.

Unless 5d6 x 10 isn't very high at all, and even then that makes sense since he may have blown alot of his money getting to Holteburg. I just kind of want to know your reasoning because I'm overly enthusiastic.

A better way to look at 5d6*10 is 60-300 gold. While that's quite enough to live off of, pay room and board, eat well etc... that's very very little in adventuring gear. Nonetheless that is an Above Average starting gold and yes it's due to your background.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 am

That's why I have 2 crossbows. Attack action: Fire crossbow#1. Move action, put away Crossbow#1, draw Crossbow#2. 2nd turn do the same, only instead of drawing Crossbow#2, draw Sickle for melee combat.

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:06 am

Okay, I'm posting just the background of my character for now.

The Final Page

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:08 am

You have to give us access Evanar. We cannot open it.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 am

Zeiss wrote:You have to give us access Evanar. We cannot open it.

Sorry, I was fixing something. Try again. Smile

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 am

Hmm. Not working.

Make it public to the Internet. That's what I do.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:10 am

you must change the share settings to 'anyone with the link can see it'
Essoje