Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 02: The Spacial Temple

+9
K
Snarg of Wildpaw
Ashakel
Zeiss
Gwydo
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Permeus (tabran)
Z
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 02: The Spacial Temple - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 02: The Spacial Temple

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:42 pm

"No, it doesn't. We only have to hurry. And the Executor did not tell me much anyway."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 02: The Spacial Temple - Page 2 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 02: The Spacial Temple

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:52 pm

"Alright then. I'm glad. I'm really looking forward to the Spacial Temple. I've always wanted to hit the Trail, visit all of them. Can't wait."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:57 pm

The trip is long, uneventful, and hot. The many pilgrims present chat amongst one another about the trip, and you learn that several are traveling solely to donate money and goods to the Temple to help it stay in operation. Several others merely wish to pay their respects, having visited many times before. Only a small handful have never been, and are eager to attempt the Trial and commune with the Element.

The sun sets and many of the pilgrims take refuge in the wagons, seeking respite from the blistering sun. A few others head out to walk, ensuring they have room, and the cool desert breeze feels refreshing as the group continues unceasing. One of the Trolls, who has insisted on walking this entire time, noticeably dips and nearly falls when Mogdorg grabs him with casual ease and offers to let him rest in the wagon. The Troll, who you notice now is quite young, insists he walk the whole way, as he believes he owes it to himself. After a bit more discussion the Troll accepts an Endurance Potion and continues walking, feeling better about the affair.

The sun has risen on February 2nd and is blazing behind you, casting long shadows across the sands when the Spacial Temple finally comes into view. At first it's hard to really get a feel for it; at this distance it seems large, but it is only until you get closer you can tell just how large. You spend hours on approach and it only seems to grow larger, but not nearer. The primary structure gives a view of the stars, though it is broad daylight, and as you shift angles the view seems to not change despite the differing perspectives. The tower leading up to it is massive and unwieldy looking, and you find yourselves wondering how anyone could construct something of this nature.

After several more hours of traveling, your pace quickened as the pilgrims are now eager and excited to be so close to their destination, you finally spot the 'settlement' at the tower's base. Filled with all sorts of people from all makes and types, built to house and aid the hundreds of Order members who work and live at the Temple. Merchants sell basic wares, clothes, common goods, mundane magical items. There are souvenir shops here and there, selling everything from patches in the design of the Temple to be sewn into clothing to miniature fully three dimensional sculptures designed to mimic its design, crafted from glass and obsidian. The entire area is completely abuzz with activity and you barely reach it before the pilgrims and other members with your caravan practically sprint the rest of the way and join in the crowds.

Simply being here every one of you, magically inclined or not, can feel the near audible thrumming of the Spacial Ley Line underfoot. You are not positive where it actually intersects with the surface, but it cannot be far off. The very air is alive with its energy, energy of possibilities and abnormalities and the undercurrent of diversity.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Snarg addresses the group: "Not havin' much time to be wastin'. Maybe ya be startin' ya trials, hm?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

The group made camp amongst many pilgrims.

"Okay then..."

He looked at the temple.

"I'm going to buy a few things to the market. I'll be back in a few hours at most."

Zeiss walked into the crowd.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:04 pm

As the group entered the settlement, Ashakel approached the young Troll. "Feeling better there, ey? We're here now, I'm wondering if you'll let me visit the temple with you. You seem to know why you're here, heh."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Hanuel jumps to their feet, Dara shifting into it's quadrupedal form, and they start running around the group of pilgrims, full of vigor and energy. "I've never felt so alive! Can any of you feel it? It's wonderful!" A gleeful smile is pinned to Hanuel's face, looking like a child with free reign in a toy store.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Ashakel:
The young troll smiles sheepishly. "Yes... I've wanted to visit the Temple ever since I turned fourteen, but was needed on the farm. To finally be here, I'm overwhelmed... I had no idea it was this huge or this..." he struggles for words. "Alive! I feel so excited just to be here, I can't wait to see the inside!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:11 pm

"Yeah, this place is great! You can feel the hum deep in your chest! Yeah, this is what it means to be alive!" Kolsen high-fives Han, "Let's get some food and buy some souvenirs!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:12 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:Hanuel jumps to their feet, Dara shifting into it's quadrupedal form, and they start running around the group of pilgrims, full of vigor and energy. "I've never felt so alive! Can any of you feel it? It's wonderful!" A gleeful smile is pinned to Hanuel's face, looking like a child with free reign in a toy store.
"I feel something, alright," Rory said in regard to the thrumming of the ley line. "Is this normal?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Snarg bends down and holds his ear against the ground for a second. "Yep." He stands back up against and smacks his ear several times. "If any of ya wantin' to be doin' trials, best be gettin' off 'fore it's gettin' late."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:14 pm

"Yeah, i feel it, whatever it is."

*Wisdom, and all that. He probably feels what they're feeling, but he can't bring himself to feel giddy about it. To just do the crowd thing... doesn't feel right.*
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:17 pm

"It feels good indeed! Come now. The energy is strong here and I would and this is an opportunity one does not miss! Xzareth told me about these places... Never thought I'd see one."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:17 pm

"I-I don't think I have time. Can I trust you with my weapons and gear? I should head for the Cloister immediately. I'll keep my sickle on me I suppose, just in case, but I want to be able to trust myself to overcome this trial through my own strength."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:18 pm

"Of course I'll hang on to your stuff. Go do what you gotta do! And good luck, friend!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm

Those of you eager to visit the Temple proper find a bit of a crowd coming and going through the wide road leading into the tower. The inside of the tower looks fairly plain, with a vastly tall ceiling almost 100' up with no adornments, and a gargantuan platform residing at its base, which has several Order members in plain green robes with violet highlights organizing people on board. As you wait your chance to approach, you see everyone on the platform suddenly shift out with a violet flash, and after several more minutes one of the Order members starts letting more people on board. If you ask anyone nearby, you learn that this is some sort of teleport field that leads people towards the top, where they can climb the crystal staircase into the Temple proper.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:21 pm

"Eh, I'm keepin' the goods." Snarg shrugs at Hanuel and follows him.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Hanuel's grin seems to widen at Kolson's response. "Thank you!" They hand their bag and crossbows over, only keeping their Sickle, buckler, the set of gems from the cave, and the clothes on their back, before bolting off to the temple eagerly.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Zeiss was in the tower. There were so many people. He looked around, to see if there was anything particular.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Zeiss:
What you can tell immediately is that the massive throng of people consists of people from all possible walks of life. There are beggars, warriors, mages, merchants, scouts, soldiers, aristocrats, people of nobility, people of station... and with the energy within the tower itself now literally vibrating through your skull you feel a sense of the melting pot, which you visually distinguish in all these people treating each other without regard, all eager and all excited to be here.
You do spot one individual you recognize; Arnoth of Slayer, the Governor of the Yaraq state. He is an elaborately dressed Banderling with expensive looking clothing, tall even for a Banderling, and at the moment he is excitedly engaging in conversation with a young Troll who looks like someone from the Naverre military.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:35 pm

Snarg approaches the temple with the rest of the approaching party members and gazes up and down its length.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Zeiss thought that it wasn't so strange to see the governor here. But he didn't really care about talking to him. He waited in line for his trial.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:40 pm

Snarg:
From what you can tell the tower that leads up to the Temple proper was formed using massive quantities of Spacial energy, but the Temple itself is Spacial energy solidified and concentrated into a single form. People have studied the Temples for centuries and no one, even to this day, could fathom the time and power required to form even one such Temple, let alone eight.
You are aware that there has been no violence or crime in the immediate vicinity of a Temple in recorded history. It is speculated that this is an effect of the Ley Lines themselves, though how it interacts with multiple sentient species equally is only theorized upon. You also know that each Temple, while maintained and operated by the Order, does not belong to any sovereign flag nor territorial power, but is considered on its own. Even the Order does not lay claim to the Temples.
The Trials are things not often spoken of, as they are a deeply personal experience that varies from person to person. What you do know is that there is a long-standing discussion ongoing in the magical community that in communing directly with the Element, it is essentially sentient in its response to the individual, forming the experiences that make up their Trial. You also know that failing a Trial is quite common, but many people return after a few years to try again. Green Mages, of course, must commune with a given Element in order to summon Aspects or, in the rare cases, to properly utilize them.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:08 am

*Walks into the rough spot where the last batch of people were before they turned into purple air. He didn't really understand the finer points - heck, even the main points of teleportation, but he had just signed a contract that might break his legs if he went and forgot to report before going on his way, so what's one more bad idea.*

"(Best not to think about it.)"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 am

Snarg heavily pats the shoulder of the nearest person and heads up to the pad.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next