Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine

+4
Ashakel
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Zeiss
Archengeia
8 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine Empty Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:51 am

It is currently roughly 11 PM at night, a clear and cloudless night. The stars are twinkling brightly in the sky, but the moon as not yet risen. The mine is, as you ask Snarg prior to leaving, about a two hour walk at casual pace south, southeast.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:03 am

"Let's head out then."

Zeiss took his horse with him but kept a moderate pace.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 04.1: Zeiss, Ashakel, Hanuel, Z, and Caladrius at the Mine

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am

Hanuel hopped on Dara and followed after Zeiss, keeping a watchful eye open since others likely couldn't see as well in the dark.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:19 am

As you trundle along slowly the moon slowly arcs into the sky, lighting the edges of the oasis as they slowly fade the further out you get, regressing into red and rocky terrain. Hanuel manages to spot the mine first, not built into a hill or mountain it looks from this distance to be more like a hole in the ground, and there are thin cart rails coming up out of it and trailing out several feet before terminating.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:23 am

Zeiss stopped his horse and got back on the ground.

"...I could probably scout and give the signal to Hanuel when it is good to follow me. Unless you have a better plan Z?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:26 am

Z stares at the mine for a minute. "Go ahead. Best be cautious, if our friend is hiding there he won't be friendly, and he's had plenty of time to prepare."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 am

"Okay then."

Zeiss crouched and started to approach the mine, carefully.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:34 am

"Here Zeiss. Take this." Hanuel hands Zeiss a mask. "It's got 12 charges of Scan 2. No use taking risks with any traps they may have set."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:35 am

Before he could take a step, Hanuel gave him a mask. Not his style but if it could help him...

"Thank you..."

He resumed his approach.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:45 am

Zeiss:
On approach to the mine you realize it is in fact dug at an acute angle into the ground. There are still some rails leftover from when it was active, but you find no traps nor other threats immediately. You do however hear some noises coming from further within.
Based on the style and design of the mine you imagine this was a gold mine at one point, and based on its railing style it was probably a fairly small one all things considered.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:49 am

There were some noises. He could not identify what kind. Zeiss signalled to the others that they could come.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:25 pm

Ashakel slowly approached Zeiss, being as quiet as he could. The palm of his hand was resting on the handle of his sword.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:16 pm

"Lets head in. Slowly." Hanuel whispered, before training their eyes and ears on the entrance to the mine.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Zeiss gave a sign to his colleagues to stop where he was. He would continue to scout ahead.

"I'll tell you when to come in" whispered Zeiss.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Zeiss:
As you shift further in the sound becomes slightly more distinct, like the sound of something rough scraping against something else. Not metallic nor ore-sounding though.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:44 pm

After several seconds the troll nods at Hanuel. "Let's follow him, he's going to get into trouble."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Zeiss stopped and listened. He then turned around to signal to the others to come and warn them of the sound. Requesting that they stay silent, he whispered :

"I'll go check what makes that noise. If I'm not back in less than two minutes, you continue forward."

He then walked towards the noise.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:12 pm

Zeiss:
As you get closer to the noise you start to realize it sounds close due to a reverberation effect. In actual fact you are not certain which tunnel it is coming from, and there are three options. The sounds are going fairly rhythmically, and you hear a few gasped breaths as well. It is likely whoever is doing whatever will be done soon.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Ashakel turned to Z. "Do you have any idea what could this sound be?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Z, very quietly, whispers "Yeah. It sounds like someone hauling explosives out of or into something."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:23 pm

Whispering, Ashakel nods to the party. "Let's get in, eh? They might be creating a diversion by blowing up the mine!"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:24 pm

It was unlikely that there was another exit than the one Zeiss was at. He didn't know what that sound was, but he preferred to wait for this person to come out by himself. So he went back to rejoin the others.

"There is someone doing something in there. We should ambush him when he comes out."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:26 pm

"Z said they might be hauling explosives! Shouldn't we stop them?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm

"If Z is right, and it is explosives, it might not be safe to wait too long." Hanuel loaded one of their crossbows with a signal bolt, and hooked it back onto their belt.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:30 pm

"Explosives...?"

This was bad. It seemed like that person was almost finished with his task. If they went back inside...

"I don't think we have time. He sounded like he was almost finished with his work. And the tunnel branch out in three different ways. There is too much risk and no lives are at risk. Let's ambush him."

Zeiss prepared his rapier.

"But we must capture him alive."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next