Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 04.3: Gwydo, Rory, Tabran, Sethos, Higaide at the Thorpe

+2
Sethos
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 04.3: Gwydo, Rory, Tabran, Sethos, Higaide at the Thorpe - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 04.3: Gwydo, Rory, Tabran, Sethos, Higaide at the Thorpe

Post by Rory Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Archengeia wrote:The Sclavi visibly relaxes. "Well that's a relief. I mean, I'd hate to hear the town's under. That'd be awful." He goes back to his glass. "Anythin odd happenin in the last month? Hell I dunno, war's brewin, people are scared, mines are dryin up, trade's slowin'."
Rory flags him for another pint. "Aside from war and slow trade, what's there to be scared of?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 04.3: Gwydo, Rory, Tabran, Sethos, Higaide at the Thorpe - Page 3 Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 04.3: Gwydo, Rory, Tabran, Sethos, Higaide at the Thorpe

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:41 pm

"ye we heard that the area is been put under heavy guard know anything about that? maybe its worth a story to go with the drinks?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:43 pm

The Sclavi barks a laugh. "War and slow trade, and that's not enough to scare you? That's scary enough for me, thanks. As for the Fort I'm sure it's either exercises or some damn Sho army's nearin the Al-Jalima border, gettin people antsy. Or maybe the Colonel's just runnin 'em ragged, who knows?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:48 pm

"Hahaha... the Fort... yeah, gotta be.

Hmm, now that you mention it, there was talk of a culprit of sorts. Well... how to put it. A... purple scaled fellow.""
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Archengeia wrote:The Sclavi barks a laugh. "War and slow trade, and that's not enough to scare you? That's scary enough for me, thanks. As for the Fort I'm sure it's either exercises or some damn Sho army's nearin the Al-Jalima border, gettin people antsy. Or maybe the Colonel's just runnin 'em ragged, who knows?"
"Oh of course, the thought of war's got me plenty nervous," Rory replied. "Didn't mean to sound casual about it. Still, haven't seen anyone looking ill-favored come in for a drink during the time I mentioned?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 pm

He shakes his long head. "No one suspicious around here that I recall. As for a purple scaled Sclavi?" He strokes his chin thoughtfully. "I've seen a few of those of course, I think we have a couple here in the thorpe. None really distinctive though.

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 am

"Hmm... must be the mead. I don't remember saying it was a Sclavi."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 am

The Sclavi gives a laugh. "You're right, you didn't, but last I checked no one else wanders around with purple scales."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:05 am

"Haha... of course."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:14 am

"ok so what arnt you telling use its not like your going to scair of your customers"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:15 am

"Not tell you?" He looks at you but you can tell you've hit a nerve. "There's plenty not to tell, I'm 32 this year, lotta stories there. I usually don't bore customers with mah life's story after all."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 am

Rory's gaze shifts from the bottom of the empty pint glass to meet the Sclavi eye-to-eye. "We're not your average travelers," he informs the Sclavi, holding eye contact.

"We work for someone on an official capacity, and we're here to investigate a possible threat to the security of a nearby outpost. If you're an upstanding, good-natured citizen of Naverre, you ought to quit the act. Our job impacts the lives of thousands."

Last edited by Rory on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:19 am

*Smiles.*

"I'm 27."

*Smile fades.*

"And my friend here is never wrong. Sir, do us and yourself a favor and tell us what you're not telling us. We'll all be happier that way."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:24 am

The Sclavi looks at Rory for a long moment and you can literally see his facade crumbling. "Okay... look... I know what we're doin ain't legal but lives of thousands? You're joking. You're... I ain't a killer," he grinds the last line out fiercely.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:28 am

"then tell us what you know, its not like were going to Hurt you if you do"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:32 am

"No one's hurting anyone here. We're just talking."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 am

He stares at you for a long minute. "Okay look it's real simple, we're miners, we mine, we give 10 percent to the Mayor who gives 10 percent to the Governor. It's how we pay our taxes, no gold just goods. Helps keep the state supplied, jah? Well..." He wrings his hands. "We still do that but someone came by recently, Orc fellow, never gave us his name but he said he'd hook us up with an Undermarket connection. Start sellin there, full profit. We were gonna retire in another season, head back to our hometowns and families." There's an almost desperate pleading in his voice. "Please you gotta believe me, I had no idea there were deaths involved in all this."

You are quite certain he is telling you the truth.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:38 am

Archengeia wrote:The Sclavi looks at Rory for a long moment and you can literally see his facade crumbling. "Okay... look... I know what we're doin ain't legal but lives of thousands? You're joking. You're... I ain't a killer," he grinds the last line out fiercely.
"And you don't have to be a killer to be responsible for the deaths of thousands," Rory replied, low and steady. "If you don't want to be, you'd better tell us what we need to know."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:41 am

"We're not here to mess with your livelyhoods. But we do need to know everything you know about that Orc fellow, and that undermarket connection."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:44 am

"Nothing wrong with being homesick, or cutting out a middle man. If by 'recent' you mean less than a month ago, then this Orc fellow may be related somehow. Do you have a name? A time and place? Some sort of sign?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 am

The Sclavi looks at you fearfully. "He was... tall, for an Orc. Normal green skin, long black hair in a braid. Wore beggar's rags, nothing distinctive. Had a ton of gold on him for an upfront shipment. As for the Undermarket, I dunno who we sell to myself, I just run the inn... most of this I only know because the miner's talk, and wanted me on their side."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am

"and you know nothing of the trouble at the fort?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:51 am

Rory turned to the others and whispered.
Spoiler:
Rory put 20 gold on the counter. "We won't breathe a word of this, if you don't breathe a word about us."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 am

"I swear, I don't know what the Fort's up to. We've all seen the patrols but we doubted that had to do with us, the military doesn't get involved in little stuff like this." He looks between you for a moment, takes the gold, and almost hesitantly adds, "If this is connected to your lives at stake thing... could you swing by after and let me know? I ... don't think I could live with myself knowing I'd put people in danger over money."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:56 am

"Can't promise, but will try. Regardless, you did the right thing now."

*Puts another 20 gold on the counter, because Mead. And info. And Rory.*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next