Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor

+7
K
Ashakel
Gwydo
Permeus (tabran)
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor Empty Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 am

Meanwhile, About Two Hours later...

Hanuel & Kezrinthka:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Archengeia on Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am

Spoiler:
"Eh, if ya wantin' to be findin' a place to be holin' up ... maybe ya wantin' to be headin' north," Snarg's pauses a moment, a restrained look of excitement dawning on his face, "Crater's outta way o' fightin' if ya wantin' to be goin' thar. Could be meetin' Kez an' Han on ya way thar too."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 07: Fort in Ashes, & An Unexpected Visitor

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Zeiss asked the inn's owner to send someone to wake him up in three hours. After that he went to wake up the others and tell them about their next move.

They had to decide where to go, while going north-east first to catch Kez and Hanuel. He suggested going to Al-Jalima and then taking the Hub for another destination. Maybe an elemental temple, where nobody could hurt them.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 pm

after Tab has been woken and finds out most of what has happened he pulls out the map of the nation and looks it over.

"humm there is a town to the East of us if we are to get out of dodge fast we should head there, If it wasn't for needing to pick up Han and Kez we wouldn't be going near the Fort its to dangerous to go there and I wont allow our team to walk into a hornets nest, once we hit the town to the west we can rest a little and talk over were to go next."

"for now you guys pack the wagon im going to go get Gwydo and Ash"

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Gwydo hears the knocking on his door, grabs his sword and leaps out of bed. Overbalancing, he crashes into the door.
Tabran hears the THUD and Gwydo cursing from the other side of the door.
"Yeah Tabran. I'll be right out."

He's still grumbling and rubbing his head when he meets up with the group after gathering the horses and wagon.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Tabran:
You have 2 Mana back now.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:28 pm

After hearing the knock on his door, Ash quickly woke up, and carefully and slowly walked to the door. After hearing Tabran's voice calling him, he stopped holding his breath. "Damn, we leavin' already? I guess I'll get my stuff."

Once they met up with others, Ashakel said: "If the Executor is laying low for a while, that means we should do it also. That means no towns, no public spaces, no drawing attention to ourselves. I suggest we find ourselves a map of the mountains passes to the east, and then head quietly into Aluvia. If we notice a town ahead, we avoid it while sending one or two into the town to re-supply. That's what I think we ought'a do. 'Cause this smells of politics, I suggest notifying the Zephyrs once we're in Aluvia. If y'all figure out a better plan with them wits of yours, I'm following."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 pm

when Tab gets back to the group with Gwydo and Ash

"i dont think were in as much danger as it seams if they wanted us dead then we wouldnt have found Han, Kez and Javan under a sleep spell they would be dead its not like they didnt have chance, as for what we are to do i say we go to this town hear *Tab pulls out the cloth map of the nation*

https://2img.net/h/i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/permeus/NewBitmapImage2_zps1055ecd6.jpg

then this one then finally onto Al-Jalima from there we take the Hub to what ever town is closest to the water temple and any that want to can do the trial, the trail time on that should be about a week and a half, remember guys we aren't running we were told to get out of town fast and a little over a week is lots of time fore the boss to get back to us. but for no we need to leave

Now"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm

*Walks into the hallway, still squinting.*

"..............."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 pm

*Kezrin runs up and physically grabs this first person she sees. In her most authoritative voice she demands.*

"Quickly. Where is the Colonel? It may be too late from the looks of your base, but we must speak with her. Now."

Spoiler:
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:23 pm

At The Fort

The man looks up at the Olthoi fearfully. "We don't know, the Assurance never docked, it hasn't shown up yet!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:29 pm

"tsk... Where and who is the person in charge then? We will speak with them in her stead. This is an even greater emergency than the one this base currently faces."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:32 pm

The man shakes his head. "I'm not sure, we haven't heard from the Capitaine yet, he might be amongst the dead." The man, clearly haggard, makes to rush off and continue helping in the search effort.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:52 pm

*Kezrin does something you've never heard her do. She curses. Turning to Hanuel*

"I will do what I can for these people here. You search for the Capitaine and let him know what we know. Meet me back her in an hour at the latest."

*Kezrin then proceeds to dash about helping to put out fires and rescue survivors.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Kezrinthka and Hanuel split up, Kez attempting to move rubble and help search for survivors while Hanuel desperately searches for the Capitaine. After about an hour, Hanuel has discovered that the Capitaine was killed in the initial assault. Hanuel also learns that the Fort had been attacked by massive blasts of energy which most people didn't even see the source, only a few spotted a Burun channeling through a strange blue crystal with a white lattice around it, smashing the Fort like it was made of paper. Hundreds are dead.

Kezrinthka manages to save a number of lives, but not enough for her tastes. The Sandship has still not shown up.

This is about the time at which the group back in Al-Korinth is awake and heading towards the Fort. Even hurrying the trip will take them a full day's travel, through the night, as it is now 7 PM.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

"If ya wantin' to be headin' up, be makin' sure ya got a light. Ain't too bad here, we wantin' to be makin' sure we're scarin' 'way critters that's wantin' a meal," Snarg warns the party, "They bein' a bit rustlin' at night, but we ain't gotta be worryin' too much if we're bein' watchin."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:09 pm

"as i can see at night after a fashion and can move faster that the rest of you im going to be scouting a head a little and ill tell you if i see anything that may attack us or we may want to avoid"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Snarg shrugs his shoulders and pats his new arm. "Eh, if ya really wantin'. Anythin' gonna be attackin' us like that ain't bein' a critter. If ya doin' that maybe ya takin' a mate wit' ya 'less ya knowin' what ya lookin' fer." he clears his throat loudly.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:22 pm

*Hanuel and Kez meet up and sit down to some rations taking a quick break. Their conversation is muted, both exhausted to near delirium.*

"Hanuel, we still need to let the colonel know what happened. In fact she needs to be made aware of not only that, but of the situation here as well... see if you can find anyone who would know how to get in contact with her. Baring that, if anyone knows where she may have gone. It appears our Burun friend had more up his sleeves than we knew. If he and the Burun that was spotted are one in the same... at the very least I'd say we can conclude that he has friends... I want to stay and help these people for as long as we can, but we also need to check in with our companions. We'll stay here till midnight and then head to town."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 pm

"I feel like the colonel already knows about it. I could be wrong, but if she never showed up, it looks like she knew more than she was letting on. And with no evidence on who caused this, I'm worried the aggressions between Navarre and the Sho are going to get even worse."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"I feel like the colonel already knows about it. I could be wrong, but if she never showed up, it looks like she knew more than she was letting on. And with no evidence on who caused this, I'm worried the aggressions between Navarre and the Sho are going to get even worse."

"If she knew she wouldn't have sent the prisoners on foot, nor would she have left her base unprotected like this. I doubt she had more than suspicions."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:34 pm

At about this point Kez and Hanuel both hear someone cry loudly, "It's the Assurance!" Both people rush out and sure enough, the massive Sandship is emerging towards the fortress some distance out, having come from the east.

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:35 pm

"Looks like she had somewhere else to be before getting to the fort. Let's meet her, shall we?"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 pm

"You go. I will continue to help with finding survivors."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next