Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End

+8
Rory
Permeus (tabran)
Kolson
Snarg of Wildpaw
Z
K
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End Empty Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:41 pm

For the 7th the Crowning Glory offers the following meal options.

Lean auroch steaks with all fat magically removed, leaving only pure meat which has been cooked at a slow grill while being soaked in a velvet red wine, a small bit of garlic, and pepper. It is served on several slices of mangos, dipped in a thick custom sauce which tastes like a combination of cayenne and teryaki, served with your choice of sides which include fresh cooked asparagus spears, tiny slices of ham dipped in hollandaise, or lightly seared scallops wrapped in seasoned, peppered shrimp.

A platter of lightly seasoned shrimp covered in chopped onions, served on a bed of freshly cooked spinach mixed with roasted pine nuts. Surrounding the central meal is a bed of sliced tomatoes, carrots, eggs, broccoli, cucumber, and asparagus each of which has been cooked in the same thick Marsala wine sauce. The entire thing is sitting on a bed of egg-noodle bow-tie pasta which is soaked in the Marsala sauce.

A light salad with a huge variety of goods within, including tomatoes, sprouts, green beans, pineapple chunks, baby spinach leaves, green onions, strawberry slices, steamed baby corn, sliced eggs, mango slivers, and served with your choice of Cranberry-apple, parsley and garlic, peppered honey mustard, light brie cheesed, or mixed pepper and spicy mustard dressing.

And for desert they had a light crepe shell, hardened through light baking, served with a ball of spiced french vanilla ice cream which is topped in fresh raspberries, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds.

The party arrived in Al-Zavros in the morning, and as such have all day to shop and recoup. Many party members do extensive shopping in town. Since their fee of 50 gold per person purchases two night's worth of stay, the party must decide if they wish to leave the next day or stay one more day to recoup and enjoy the relaxation.

Last edited by Archengeia on Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Zeiss eats his meal with the other party members. He stays silent, savouring his food. He looks like he washed himself not too long ago since his hair is still a little wet. A fruity smell comes from him.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End Empty Re: Fourth Adventure 08: Beginning of the End

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:12 pm

*Walks out onto the dining room. Where the people are eating - he assumes it's the dining room.

Food. Lots of food. Should probably eat something, it's 50g after all. Not that he doesn't deserve it, after successfully failing to stop a war, and all the other wonderful things he's achieved thus far.*

"Sigh..."

*Sits at the table, and gets himself a serving of the, uh... meat. Has the feeling he'll need protein. Chews fast, at first, but starts slowing down to a more acceptable pace as he zones out. Lots of stuff racing through his mind.*
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 pm

*kezrin having finished her meal proceeds to attempt recipe creation. She can be seen scribbling away in her cookbook journal. When the conversation gets around to it she mentions that she would like to sit and recoup for the extra day.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Bounding back in the door, Snarg slams the door behind him as he skids in to the front room. Finding the rest of the party still at the inn, he sits down with them, holding his newly purchased good. "I'm thinkin' we be goin' 'less ya got some plans 'ere. Better to be gettin' outta 'ere soon." he comments, testing his new whistles.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Zeiss looks up at Snarg.

"I was thinking about going to Glenden Wood or Arwick, in northern Aluvia. It would be unlikely for the war to reach that region. And it would be probably far enough from these mages..."

He continues to eat.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:24 pm

"Yeah, furtha north is bein' good." Snarg replies, nodding enthusiastically.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 pm

*Absentmindedly.*

"Far enough...?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:37 pm

Kolson joins the others, helping himself to a little of everything.

"That sounds good to me, Zeiss. If we continue east after that we could visit the Temple of Light and head on to Holtburg. I was born there and know the city well."

Kolson takes a bite of shrimp. "This is great!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:40 pm

"Those people don't strike me as the kind to have a limit to their reach."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Zeiss turn to Higaide.

"Unless these mages have an interest in Aluvian politics, I suppose they will stay in Naverre and Sho lands. We can only speculate on that though."

He listens to Kolson and concern appears on his face.

"Executor Gremlock may call us before we reach the Light Temple. Be prepared for that."

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 pm

To Higaide: "So? If we think that way then we'll be sitting here debating till the Sho roll through. They have some fancy tricks and we were outmaneuvered this time. But for all that we are still standing. Don't give up hope, Higaide."

Kolson chews on his food for a bit before answering Zeiss. "It's possible. But we have no idea if they will even want us anymore. When fingers start getting pointed for this we may find we are on our own. The Order has to consider their political position you know."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:54 pm

if Fierneceal joins us for dinner
Spoiler:

if Fierneceal stays in here room
Spoiler:

i'll delete what ever one dosnt happen
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 pm

"Who's giving up hope? I just want to put together what we're dealing with, and i won't avoid asking what needs to be asked. I'm pretty sure whoever those people were, they could have killed us at will back there. I'm not taking that lightly. Besides, if there's ever a time to try and piece this together, i'm pretty sure now's as good as any.

A sense of Fate, he said. I wonder what would've happened if we'd killed him. He dared Rory to try. Would a bunch of assassins have teleported out of nowhere at the last moment to take us out?

The bastard was that confident."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Tabran Cole wrote:also guys what do you think should we stay and help her look for her brother or maybe ask her to come with use to the City?"
"I don't think it's our place to even ask. If she needs help, we could spread out and search the city, maybe send those of us more sneaky to the Undermarket. But if we can't find a lead on this Flux, or her path branches off from ours, I say we move on without her. This is Fierneceal we're talking about. She can handle herself."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

"I very much doubt we'll find any trace of him just lying about. I'm willing to try, but... we found her collapsed on the road, in shock. To think her brother would be anywhere near, just... i don't think it'll happen."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Higaide wrote:"I very much doubt we'll find any trace of him just lying about. I'm willing to try, but... we found her collapsed on the road, in shock. To think her brother would be anywhere near, just... i don't think it'll happen."
"Nor do I think we can spend too much time looking for him," Rory adds. "It's not wise to get distracted searching for something while on the run from something else."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:11 pm

"Let's go about that, then. Where do we even start? By common logic, we should first find out what exactly happened to her, where she came from. Then maybe retrace it, and try to find some clues then and there. Only way i can think of doing that is ask, assuming she's any more coherent this time around."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Snarg chews the inside of his cheek a bit, looking around at the group. After a few have said their piece he pipes up: "Ya mentionin' ya coin an' Executer. What ya be doin' if ya bein' sent back in Sho or Naverre? Ya gonna do it or turn in ya notice?" he glances around expectantly.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Fierneceal somewhat hesitantly joins the group at the dinner tables. She seems embarrassed about her earlier behavior, having been through what she describes as a very rough few days, and apologizes. She listens to the information gathered about a lack of Flux and understands, as she didn't think he'd be present anyways, and while she wants to find her brother she understands there's other things that take priority. If asked, she will mention Holtburg as a destination she wouldn't mind going to, but she will travel with the party if they will let her.

Z is currently eating the delicious salad somehow (you don't see their bandages over their mouth move and yet they're chewing without difficulty). If prodded, Z will be noncommittal, stating that their only real goal at this point is to get out of the potential war zone. They will mention Colier as an option, or somewhere further north on the Stonehold borders.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:27 pm

They were talking about anything else but the destination they had to choose. He interrupts the conversation.

"Since someone needs to say it, I will be the one. We will go to Al-Jalima tomorrow and take the Hub to Glenden Wood. After that, we will go to the Light Temple and Hotburg, unless the Order calls for us. If someone else has a better plan, let's hear it. And if some of you want to search for this Flux, we can do it while we travel around the continent. Nobody has a problem with this plan I presume?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 pm

"Well, eh, could be headin' to Glenden Woods by rail. Ya got a way to be gettin' to Holtburg an' I'm thinkin' we're gonna be headin' thataway." Snarg directions to Fierneceal.

"Bein' 'round where ya wantin' to be goin', yep?" he asks, turning to the rest of the party.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 pm

"I'm for Holtburg."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Rory's face shined when he heard Fierneceal say that she wouldn't be opposed to going with them. "I definitely don't mind," he answered. "Frankly, we could use someone of your skill."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:35 pm

"i think that we should go to the temple of Water before the Light the temple of Water is much closer after that i think what Zeiss said is a good chose"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next