Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

+8
K
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 am

Zeiss comes back to the rest of the group. He looks at Z for a few seconds. Then asks Hanuel :

"Why don't you show the Mirror Key to Doctor Wizzle? Wasn't it supposed to reflect all elements?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Sethos Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 am

After a while Sethos returns, his face sullen and his eyes tired. He apologises again profusely to the couple before dropping his gold with Snarg's. He then goes over to Wizzle and offers his hand to shake.

"I have to say sir, I admire what you're doing hugely. What you're doing here and with all your studies, it's amazing it really is"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 am

Tarsella is in tears, emotionally torn over the events of the day and overwhelmed by the party's generosity. "Thank you," she whispers. "Thank you, thank you so much, you have no idea what this means to us. It's... not very cheap to..." she's having trouble talking.

Wizzle interrupts, working diligently at one of his tables. "I've invented all sorts of devices, magical, technological, I like to dabble. They mask the Desolation! It's not perfect, but..." he gives a grin. "It's good enough for a baby girl to grow up without hatred and fear. And it seems to prevent the worst of the malice effects, though that part is limited, but I'm confident it will be enough to save the girl from growing up hated and feared." He beams. "Of course such things are not cheap to make, I'm afraid, but with generous donations like that I dare say she'll be just fine."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:50 am

tab fiddles with one of his belt pouches as pulls a bag of coins and gives it to the pile of gold.

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 am

Wizzle takes the larger Burun's hand jovially. "Oh thank you, most kindly sir! I don't think I do much, still haven't succeeded, but I will yet, you watch!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:51 am

Quite liking the idea of donating money, Kolson nevertheless decides against giving all of his money away. He knows they will need some amount of cash for the coming journey, so he only puts in half of his current funds. (325g)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:52 am

Hanuel, after some thought, walks over. "Pardon me for interrupting, Mister Cogspanner. I know what Desolation is, but the connection never occurred to me until Zeiss suggested it," Hanuel holds out the Mirror Key. "Is this Desolate in any way? Or similar?"

Wizzle takes the key and immediately has it under five different devices, scanning and analyzing it. He starts humming a tune about being a scientist solarian under his breath happily while he works.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:56 am

Zeiss approach Doctor Wizzle. And shows him a pouch of gems. Eight different kinds.

"We found this in the same room as the Mirror Key. I do not know if it has anything to do with it. Maybe it can give you an idea? There are others too. Four gems of each kind. My colleagues have them."

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:59 am

While others are giving gold, Rory regrets buying the chains in the first place. Thinking to use them struck fear into the heart of an innocent woman, nearly got him arrested, and the gold he bought it with could have been donated to the safe travel of the mayor, Tarsella, and their child.

"I apologize for my rash and thoughtless behavior earlier," Rory said to the two of them, "and I regret buying the chains in my pack. The money I used to buy them could have helped you immensely. All I have to offer is this."

He pulls out the black pearl and hands it to them. "It's nothing compared to what the others give you, but I wanted to give you something. Maybe you can make some jewelry out of it."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:00 am

Sethos lets out a laugh as a tear begins to shimmer in his eye.

"Oh I know you will, I know, and I look forward to the day, I truly do"

He rubs his eye as he sniffs away the tears, before nodding at the couple one last time and turning to leave again.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 am

"Very interesting," Wizzle spoke up after several minutes. "This 'key' is in fact the shard of a much greater construct. Huge, I'd say. If you activate the key, mentally, it will take you to that construct. And both are clearly built out of a core of Desolation, probably something living though," he shudders, "I sincerely hope that is not a person."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:08 am

"mentally do you mean with magic?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 am

"Nah no magic, you think it and yer there!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:16 am

Rory turned to Zeiss. "Well then, soon as we've finished up here," Rory said, "let's work on catching this spy you mentioned. I don't like being followed."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 am

"Let's not forget the spy Tabran mentioned. The Elf who was spying on us at Al-Jalima."

Zeiss thinks.

"I did not tell you about that. Neither did Tabran I think."

He ponders, then shrug it off.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:21 am

Spoiler:

Your group flies out, Lieutenant in tow, and heads up towards the stable. Emotions are low, and still torn from the issue. Most of you want to get the hell out of here as soon as you can. Lieutenant Torntoe gets his men together and ready within the hour and by high noon you are exiting Karath on the mountain road. Torntoe bids the party a fond farewell, honoring them and their work, and promises to mention it in high praise to Distributor Rennaz when they return to Al-Jalima.

The party pulls out a map and Snarg helps plot a route eastwards, getting out of the Far Reach Mountains and heading on a course more-or-less straight east, quickly leaving behind the red rock and sandy dunes and emerging onto golden green fields dotted here and there with tall, lush trees. After several more hours of traveling, Snarg bothers to point out that you have officially entered the Kingdom of Aluvia, and adds to be on your best manners in his usual witty tone.

There are no roads for miles still, not until you get closer to Eldrytch itself, and so do not find any particularly convenient rest stop. The party decides to set camp without laying out a fire nor cooking food, for safety's sakes in case they are still being followed, and hunker in for a well-deserved night's rest. Higaide and Kolson volunteer to take first watch.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:29 am

Higaide & Kolson:
Spoiler:

The party is jolted away by a yell, blearily grabbing for weapons before hearing a sickening crunch that sounds like a dozen crisp leaves snapped in two. This is accompanied by a very high pitched scream that warbles towards its end.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 am

Rory crawls groggily out from his tent and raises his axe, looking about for whatever made the sound.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 am

Snarg scrambles awake and fumbles for his sword. He hops up at the ready and positions his sword in front of his head in a defensive position. He pokes his sword and head outside the tent and looks around furiously.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 am

*Kezrin jolted awake suddenly to the sound of her own scream dying on the wind. Her body was in so much pain it was hard to tell where it was coming from. She felt heavy, could barely breath. The world was dark; darker than it should be... she could feel herself losing consciousness and she fought to stay awake. She called out weakly to her comrades.*

"Help...."
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 am

Zeiss wakes up. It is too dark and they already have been detected. He points his hand in the hair and use his magical ring.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 am

tab jumps upright as dose a normal scan of the campsite looking for what has awoken them and ready a sleep level two

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:40 am

Kezrinthka is currently hovering several feet in the air, still mostly wrapped in her bedroll, a massive black spike jutting out of her midsection. White blood is leaking everywhere.

The creature holding her is a nightmare. Pitch black, with long slitted eyes that glow yellow, standing on two front legs and three rear, each one terminating in vicious looking claws. The one claw holding Kezrinthka up comes out at an odd angle, like it was grown out just for this purpose, as there are no other appendages visible. The light from Zeiss' ring reflects off the shell of the thing, glimmering horribly, and you spot what look like lights glowing from within it, peeking out of its cracks.

It speaks in a monotone voice, devoid of inflection or intonation, in standard Common: "In recognition for what you have done, you are spared. I take only the one who touched the crystal." It flexes all five legs down. "If you wish to save your comrade, I will be to the north."

The creature thunders off northwards, hideously fast and equally as quiet, and if not for Kezrinthka's absence and the white blood still flecking the grass, it might have never even been there.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 am

The crystal. The one from the golem manufactory. Rory's eyes narrowed slightly as he lowered his brow, realizing that who or what uttered the slurs through Kez was north. His mood became grim. He was certain the others were making the same connection, so he turned to them, and said, "Let's get some sleep, and then we're heading north. Someone needs to die."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:50 am

"Get some sleep!? She was bleeding! Yeah, I see how long she can survive like that : not long."

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next