Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 8 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by Rory Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:35 pm

I can put money towards five light horses. Advoc will have to either ride with Zeiss or be dismissed.

So, what does the economy say about the price of horses on the peninsula?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 pm

Just to be clear, the Exit materia is "random". You roll a dice that determines where you end up. Also, Advoc cannot be dismissed since he formed a permanent bond with Zeiss.

And I would really appreciate if we found a way to take our equipment back. Especially the gold. Rainbow is probably sitting next to it to make sure that no unsavory character gets their hands on it, but we should still hurry. My life savings are all there.

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 am

The Exit materia being random (to a safe place) is exactly why I think it would be a good way to escape from military-grade pursuers. At any rate, if you don't know where you are going to end up, why would any pursuers?

And getting our equip back might depend a lot on how we escape, since the time between escape and word of it reaching the right ears would be the difference between a swift retrieval and fighting a bunch of guards for the gear.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:59 am

It took me a while to retain remembrance of the circumstances under which the Exit materia can be used. Now I just have to remember that it's random.

You'll get your equipment back, guys. Well, you stand a good chance of recovering it. The only time Arch has stripped his players of their equipment in this campaign is when Fierneceal and Jax(if memory serves me he was played by Pax?) washed up on a beach. After that...I dunno, but let's assume he provided the players means and tasks to go about acquiring adequate if not better gear to replace it. But they were washed up on a beach, and we're on land. The "Flying Dutchman" event was scripted then, I think. If your equipment can be found and obtained, I'll bet it can be recovered without being forced to work like a dog for it.

I'll bet they stuffed Rainbow into a small cage.

Whatever Zeiss, take care of your permanently bonded aspect. I'm not his keeper.

Last edited by Rory on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:42 am

Light Horses are 75g a pop in the area for keep.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:22 am

Thank you Arch. What quality of containers does he have if I choose to make the super acid? I'm willing to pay a small fee if necessary as I would prefer something able to eat steal if at all possible.

From the description that K was able to give Kolson of the tanks, what points of vulnerability exist (exhaust ports, engines, treads--that king of thing)?

On a side note I wish we had Gwydo. Besides being a cool guy his character's cultural affinity for machinery sure would be helpful right about now. :p
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:57 am

After a few dicerolls you determine that no one in town has any material stronger than steel to try and withstand such a vitriolic acid.

As for vulnerabilities, I did several K:E rolls for the group members not currently being paraded around town and based on what you divined the only vulnerability the 'tanks' would have is that they could be overwhelmed with sufficient numbers and a willingness to take losses, though Higaide did have some bright ideas about getting under the things.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 pm

'Kay well if we're all in agreement, I went out and bought horses for each of the real people. The ones who can die. I can have them tied up just outside the area/district where the convoy is, somewhere inconspicuous or at an establishment that goes out of its way to proclaim, "we'll watch your horses!" or something.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm

I find it funny that my fellow players think I care more about retrieving my equipment than my cute little Eevee who is all alone now. And sad. I also find it sad. *sniffle sniffle*

Assuming I understood you correctly Rory, you didn't buy any horse for Advoc since you don't have enough money, which would be a problem since Zeiss doesn't have any skill points in Riding. Having two people on the same horse must be quite difficult if the one holding the reins can barely keep himself on it. I don't mind, I'm simply warning you of possible complications that may arise during the rescue mission.

Also, a few ideas about how to deal with the "tanks" :

• Reduce their field of vision. Could use smoke-bombs but be careful that the wind doesn't blow it back towards you. As long as something blocks the vision port. Be aware that might not prevent them from shooting if the crowd of civilians isn't in the way. Use them as armor.
  • Eliminate their mobility. You can either damage their tracks or wheels with a hand-grenade (if they're not armoured), modify the terrain to block them (with some kind of dynamite or even brute-force weaving that would create trenches) or pose a "paralyzing" mine that you could activate remotely. More than one mine on the road is a lot harder to avoid. Of course, these suggestions can only work assuming these tanks cannot fly.
  • Disable its crew. Throw a smoke-bomb within the "tank" if possible or set it somehow on fire which will force the crew to get out. I am drawing a blank on how to accomplish this second suggestion. But I am fairly certain on one thing : fire for a tank crew is extremely dangerous.

It might not be a stretch to say that a tank might shoot on a friendly one to get rid of the enemies who stand on it. The tank will survive, the enemies won't.

Just in case, you guys could also ask if your supplies provider has some miniature Shattersticks. Cool

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:09 pm

You don't need training in Handle Animal to ride a horse. Horses can carry two people at a time. There is no excuse.

I feel like Thog may required for the tank fight. He might have the strength to stand a tank up on its side vertically and use it as a blast shield, maybe even to punch through the underside. Alternatively, he could use his speed to his advantage and dodge blasts to reach each tanks' gun and bend the barrel upwards to the point where we'd be safe on the ground from shots.

Question, can knockout medicine strong enough for Rory be overcome by the Tusker within due to dramatic increase in fortitude?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Potentially, yes.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:37 am

If I'm understanding what Arch posted correctly I don't think they have wheels or treads for us to sabotage. Remember, I said vulnerabilities as in all things they are vulnerable to and even clarified what I meant. I mean, surely Kolson, Zeiss, and Javan live in a society sophisticated enough to know that attacking wheels or treads to immobilize a vehicle without having to roll anything. I mean, it's laughably basic even for people that have only ever seen horse-drawn carriages. Same with using dirt to fill in the fuel tank or pulling out feeding pipes on the engine or stopping up their cannons with rocks. I just don't want to assume their stuff works like our stuff. I've gotten in trouble for that before.

For clarification purposes, how do these things move around Arch? Do they float or some other method? Are they working off the same engines that power an airship or what? In fact, do all "motorized" vehicle engines operate on the same basic principles or does Weaving and cultural preferences change that dramatically? What kind of weapons do they carry or are Sho weapons too different from the Aluvian norm?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 am

These... things were not hovering (nor mobile) when you first saw them, but there were also no wheels or treads or other obvious mechanisms on display. By tradition most Sho military wield a crossbow, a long range weapon such as a longpike, and a short range weapon such as a double-sided axe. They also tend to keep tall round shields strapped to their backs for emergency use or for maneuvering.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Were there any obvious ports or magical scopes so the crew can see when they are operating the vehicle? Any obvious hatches or doors?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:06 pm

Hm. *rolls some dice* Your scouts don't recall, given the nature of their situation.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Ah, that might be the ticket then. Does he have anything opaque and sticky that doesn't require heat? If so, how much?

How about some Sovereign Glue? If so, how much?

How many tanks did they see?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:43 pm

He has two barrels of pitch. He does not have any Sovereign glue sadly. Your prestigious scouts believe they saw 8 tanks.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:20 am

Alright then. We'll need some brushes and some buckets if I'm remembering my pitch application correctly. Anyone feel free to jump in here if you have a better idea on how to get it on the tanks.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:07 pm

Are there any magic devices for casting telekinesis, potions/oils, scrolls, rings, etc? I think we could help carry the buckets of pitch to Kolson's vantage point, where he could cast telekinesis with the aid of a magic consumable item at a high spell level to maneuver the pitch into place at the proper time and drop it on the tanks. This depends on us finding a vantage point of a maximum distance of 400ft from each tank. This method of applying pitch also carries a chance of missing a tank's scope, leaving it clear, or even missing a tank altogether. Meaning one of us would carry a bucket and brush to apply the pitch to any tanks missed. Pitch is also flammable...

Applying pitch to the tanks, may cause the occupants to leave the vehicles and attempt ground combat if they spot us. It would be preferable to face them after we've unbound Zeiss and Javan and armed them. And possibly looked for their stuff. If we can assume that the tank operators will wait for others to come and clean the pitch, we should avoid setting the tanks on fire(possibly causing a panic among the troops) until we are ready to fight or flee.

I also understand scrolls and spell potions are not on the list of common magical items. Assuming they exist, Khinz'Lizakh may not be willing to part with them because they are rare and useful.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:00 am

I'm not sure Rory. Sounds out of our price range though. How about it Arch? Would a telekinesis item be out of the question with a range and weight limit that would be useful our needs?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:47 pm

After some rolls to decide some factors, I've decided he is willing to part with a single gem of Float 8 which could be used as described if properly setup.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:32 pm

Good, now we need the perfect vantage point. Whatever the time it would take to reach it, it has to be a place where the viewer can retreat to ground quickly and safely. There needs to be enough space there for one person, two barrels, and eight buckets to occupy, meaning we will need a total of 9 buckets for my pitch application plan. No tank can be more than 400 ft from this spot horizontally. Gravity will take care of the Y axis. What do our scouts report?

More Plan:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:37 pm

Zeiss and Javan know that their equipment is in a local tavern called the Tipsy Princess.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:44 pm

@Zeiss What really? Is that true? Lol, how did you guys find that out?

@Rory I thought we were hitting them before they leave not when they are all underway. Did I miss something? I usually don't let details slip through but I have been pretty distracted lately.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 pm

From Arch in the March 4th thread:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum