March 8th

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

March 8th

Post by Archengeia on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:30 am

After a somewhat long journey by rough seas, the ship finally haphazardly makes its way into the grand Holtburg Docks and the party departs.  The city is a bit different than when left, not as much activity on the docks in general and a general air of quiet hangs over most of the streets, even in this early morning.  Though merchants remain out and workrty he will inform the Lers ply their trade, the exuberance and enthusiasm is noticeably lacking.

Those heading towards the Royal Quarter find there to be a significantly increased security to even enter the area.  Fortunately Zeiss has appropriate papers identifying himself, so allowance is made for their entrance.  The Lady herself is otherwise occupied, but they do meet Ursolan of Prowler who takes all the information given with a solemn face and tells the party as soon as possible.  From what he understands, the individual who was assassinated was an Ambassador of some import, who from what he understood had ties to Lord Fahran of Silentblade, the Lord of Glenden Wood, and had been successful in the past on several occasions at negotiating trade deals with the Sho Empire.



Meanwhile, those journeying towards the Veil find it unusually filled with various cargo-stuffs and people, some sections quartered off to function as pseudo living areas while others have basically become warehouses.  While a few familiar faces are to be seen, they consist entirely of the recruits Kolson had arranged previously, as well as a somewhat haggard looking Van and Sareth.  They dance around the issue when questioned, but eventually, reluctantly, inform the party that one day when everyone showed up for work the Veil was basically emptied of gold and precious goods, and that Bonebreaker and Oghren of Anvilmar were both nowhere to be found.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:24 am

Edited on the 23th of February, 8:00pm, Archengeia Time.


OOC:
Well, that sucks. I guess the Exchange has lost a lot of employees and most of its resources. On the other hand, it's a fresh start for us... and by us, I mean me and Kolson. If the rest of the party still wish to do their own thing, feel free to do so. You're welcome to help us though. As for me, I'll stay in Holtburg and take care of this mess. Arch, I will assume that Zeiss learns about this when he gets to the Veil. I will explain what my actions will be.

On the bright side, we're not in debt of 20 200gp anymore.

[These tasks are done in the order they're written.]

As Zeiss learns about the identity of the man who was killed, he decides to write a letter for Lord Fahran of Silentblade (in Elven) to inform him of what happened (only facts), that he is sorry he wasn't capable of preventing this incident and that he is already planning to find the people responsible for this crime. Seal the letter magically with his signet ring. [Knowledge politics +13 so that the letter is written correctly. He won't write it if he thinks it would be a bad idea to do so. Basically, I am making new contacts.]

When he returns to the Veil, he will look very annoyed when he learns of Bonebreaker and Oghren running off with the gold. However, he pulls himself together and states that this is a new beginning for the Exchange. He asks that Kolson, Sareth and Van (and other party members if they wish) to come with him to Bonebreaker's office , which he will make his own, and highlights the new objectives of this organization:

  • To replace the old Undermarket by the Exchange.
  • To defend the continent and its people from threats nobody else can deal with.

No other Bloc will even attempt to accomplish this second goal, which means the Exchange must succeed. If another Bloc does become the new Undermarket, it will fall like the old one. A new leadership must be put in place.

  • Diplomat: Sareth. He deals with people outside the Exchange to further our goals.
  • Treasurer: Kolson. He deals with people who are within the Exchange and keeps the money flowing.
  • Warlord: Zeiss. He leads the Exchange.

There are two other posts:

  • Spymaster: one of Zeiss' childhood friend if we find them. Zeiss will take the position for now.
  • Military leader: Radnaal of Highspring. Zeiss will attempt to convince him by sending him a letter, sealed magically, and explain why he should take more of an active role within the Exchange. Use an agent as a messenger, if any of them remains. [Roll Diplomacy 21 and I use my Persuasion ability if possible. All three of the daily uses. Oh, the non-combat AP too is necessary.]

Arguments to convince Radnaal:

  1. He is a good man who wouldn’t abuse of the power available to him.
  2. He would avoid bloodshed when possible.
  3. He is very knowledgeable and capable of dealing with unusual threats.
  4. Zeiss wants the Exchange to become an organization that deals with powerful enemies who threaten everyone. To do this, he needs people who are looking for more than just making a buck.
  5. If Zeiss can’t convince him, can Radnaal at least recommend someone who would fit the job?

We need gold.

  • "Sareth, contact the Aluvian military so that we can sell the food we recently acquired... and almost died for. If they don't need it anymore, let's find other clients. In fact, let's just sell it to the highest Aluvian bidder. "
  • "Kolson, you're now in charge of the money. We don't have any, so find a way to make us some. We can't afford to open a mine, so let's start small. Recruit new people if need be. And let's move all that food to the Veil."

Another letter.

  • To Gretta. Written in dwarven, Zeiss explains that the Exchange is being restructured and when needed, Kolson will be the one to contact her. Add something cordial blah blah blah which would please her. [Diplomacy roll of +21 on top of that. I'm also trying to find out if she decided to leave the Exchange.]

Other tasks:

  • Zeiss reviews what the Exchange's resources are at this point.
  • Take some time to catch up with his childhood friends if they're here.
  • Check up on the employees living in the Veil so that they know they're being taken care of.
  • Knowledge politics +13: what exactly did the economy lose when the Undermarket fell? What exactly should the Exchange do to replace it? Where should we invest? I will also ask Van and Sareth (in this order) if need be.
  • Sell my: Diamond, aquamarine, corundum, ruby, black pearl, pearl, alexandrite, emerald (56gp of wroth last time you told me, which was literally years ago).
  • Will pay our workers out of our own pocket for now if need be. 200gp in the party fund, Zeiss has 277gp (not counting bribery money).


Recruitment.

  • With the employees who remain, Zeiss will attempt to find the ones who would make good spies. If our agents haven't left, the one who has the most roguish talents will start training them. Zeiss will train them too if he has time.

"New" policy:

  • We recruit any race. As long as they take a bath from time to time.


Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 9 times in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Rory on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:57 am

Many of the refugees still looking for work groan at the prospect of regular personal hygiene upkeep. The Mosswarts flip tables and storm off.

"Maybe they saw the writing on the wall, let's not count them a loss just yet. Lightmane herself might have even had them evacuate." Rory suggests to Zeiss that perhaps Oghren and Bonebreaker made a hasty retreat to avoid taking convenient and swift blame as public scapegoats, and subsequently being shut down. He proposes keeping an eye out for them, and not "burning bridges".

"No letters, no type of communication. Too risky. We go in person." Rory proposes to the group that they add a personal visit to Colier to the agenda, where his mother and Kolson's relatives are supposed to be hiding.

Archengeia
"You two got your ears to the ground, right? Which way are winds blowing?" Out of concern for his people, Rory asks Sareth and Van how the refugees have been faring, and the Aluvian majority political/public stance/attitude toward Stonehold refugees and Vesayen refugees, making sure to specify and distinguish them from each other with his words.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:19 am

Zeiss considers Rory's idea that Bonebreaker and Oghren simply "retreated" as human's naivete.

"I'm not wasting time on these two. They're gone. I'm not planning to send assassins after them if that's what you're wondering."

As for the letter:

"Sorry, I don't trust anyone but myself of convincing Radnaal of Highspring to join us. I even doubt I could succeed at this. But even if the letters are intercepted, they won't contain sensitive information. No worries on that front."

Sends the letters.

OOC:
Hey Rory, there is no Hub that goes to Colier. So you would either need to take a Hub to a Naverre city and travel the rest of the way on foot (the Hub between Aluvia and Naverre is closed) or take the Hub to an Osteth city and use a boat to get to Colier. That would mean around a week of travel. I think. Maybe. Pretty long in any case.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Essoje on Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:37 pm

"Zeiss, my friend, I hope you are going to do something about the whole Bonebreaker and Oghren deal... They kinda did tons of wrong upon the Exchange, and people that work here, not to mention your peers, expect some kind of punishment for that. Ignoring that leaves you weak in the eyes of everyone. That said..."

"I'm thinking about starting my own thing, a mercenary company. That's a thing I've been thinking about doing for quite some time, and since we kinda unwillingly helped trigger a new war, I think that's the perfect time to do that, use it to try and help the people that's going get caught in the middle."

"After watching from inside, I've came to the conclusion that the Exchange has its own limitations, the biggest is that it's an underground organization, so might as well work on things under the light of the sun for once. So unless you need my help with the whole Exchange mess, I'm going to start the research immediatly, ask some people around and also get a feel for the terrain."
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Javan's advice left Zeiss thoughtful.

"Hmm... I'll have to deal with Bonebreaker sooner or later. And the longer I wait to go after him, the colder his trail gets. You're right, I should do something about it."

Advoc approaches his summoner who gives him a pouch of gold. The Aspect then turns to Javan and says:

"While you stay in Holtburg, I will help you with your project. However, I must first find out where Bonebreaker went. I will check the Hub and the city gates. You are welcome to tag along."

He lifts the pouch of gold in front of him.

"This is for bribing."

After Advoc is finished explaining his mission, Zeiss takes a materia out of his pocket and throws it at Javan.

"I'm letting you borrow that. Good luck."

OOC:
I gave Advoc 100gp for bribing (if necessary). I threw a Yellow Materia of Deathblow 16 at Javan.

Javan, after Advoc has reported in, you are free to use him however you see fit. Just be reasonable.


Last edited by Zeiss on Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by K on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:32 pm

"I, uh... i'm thinking of trying another avenue. There was something interesting that happened the last time i took on a Trial, back at the Light Temple - some nasty overwhelming sense of Dread. Wasn't there at the Space Trial, and the attendants didn't know what to make of it. Could be Gaerlan's interference with the Ley-Lines, but maybe i'll know more if i take the rest of the trials."

He looks down for a bit, in thought.

"Maybe i'll get stronger, if i manage to clear some of them. Anyway, i'd just be in the way here. I was never good with business."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Essoje on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Javan catches the yellow materia and nods once to Zeiss together with a thanking word, keeping it on his belt pouch, just in case. He then turned to Higaide.

"I'm not so sure about 'being in the way' part, but have it your way buddy. Also, you think it might be because you are a youman and the light in the temple is like... really shy about new faces or something? I mean, how many of you guys went to the light temple trials before? Uh, anyways, I hope you find what you are looking for there, Higs. Good luck."

"And sure, I'll be tagging along with ya Advoc. You do your search, I do mine at the same time, and if things get weird, we have two element-rich guys to deal with things. Perfect for me!", said the faery, preparing himself to leave the place.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Kolson on Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:25 pm

"Van, Sareth, what happened to my family? And Rory's mother? Last I heard Bonebreaker was sending them somewhere safe."

avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Rory on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:40 am

"Hmm..." At Higaide's mention of the Light trial and the "dread", Rory nudged him and turned his own body to face Higaide, in an effort to dismiss the group conversation to background noise.

"About that 'dread'. I think I may have felt that too. Just before the end, right? Didn't we all feel that?"
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:20 am

Zeiss shrugs.

"You could go investigate if you wish."

He returns to his work.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by K on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:56 am

"Right."

*Perks an ear for what Van or Sareth have to say about Kolson's family.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:34 pm

At some point, Zeiss mentions his meeting with Ursolan of Prowler at Lightmane's office and what he learned about the Aluvian ambassador.

OOC:
Writing this just to make sure Rory knows about it.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:26 pm

As it happens, a large portion of the people living inside the Veil are in fact Humans, invited there by Van and Sareth's brainstorm. A large number of the Humans had agreed to join the Aluvian Warrior Corps in exchange for citizenship and having a stable job, leaving behind a lot of families with little ability to pay for everyday existence. Sareth liked the idea of setting up the now-abandoned Veil as housing, since while the Holtburg Wall was now inexplicably expanding it would take time to build into the new areas, and Van liked the idea of helping people and engendering a kinship with them that might aid them in future legitimate business endeavors.

Overall, right now, the refugees in general are being perceived as third-class citizens, both from the Stonehold region and from Vesayen. Most of the Human families or individuals who refused military service have taken to traveling south, in hopes of finding greener pastures.

As it happens, a letter from Bonebreaker had been left behind giving details as to the location of Kolson's family, both of whom had been given a small stipend of gold and sent on the weeks-long journey westward towards Colier, in hopes of avoiding the entire conflict. Rory's mother was apparently traveling with them, in a small caravan of like-minded individuals who were being defended by a couple of Gnolls he'd deemed trustworthy enough.

Zeiss, while this information is being disseminated, very quickly finds that no one saw nor has seen Bonebreaker or Oghren of Anvilmar since the day the party left Holtburg, not even leaving the Veil. And the Hub has been completely shut down in all Aluvian cities, though Zeiss insists on questioning the Mites living near the Hub gates anyways only to learn that the number of people whom had tried and failed to secure Hub transit in the last several days is so large they can't really remember specifics, though they do admit several Ogres and Dwarves have been amongst the crowds.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:55 pm

OOC:
Oooooooh. So we have no employees except those recruits Kolson got us. We have to start over in almost every way. This is really bothersome... but also interesting. Quite a challenge. Okay, I'm game.

Here are my actions, in this order.


  • How many of these recruits do we have? Are they enough to move the food from the boat to the Veil?
  • How many refugees are there?
  • I will quickly introduce myself to the human refugees and offer them a job into the Exchange (for those who are capable of taking one anyway). If we don't have enough people to move the food, let's find some. If any of them has fighting experience, they can become guards and protect our holdings (which consists entirely of the Veil for now). If any of them has some weaving experience, report to Kolson. He'll find something. [Zeiss doesn't believe the humans should be treated as third-class citizens. At all. And it shows in his attitude. They were forced into this mess, like he was forced into this one. Might as well help each other.]
  • I have 377gp, and 200gp more in the group fund. Kolson is willing to pitch in. I'm guessing we can pay our employees for the foreseeable future.
  • Let's move the food to the Veil. Zeiss will oversee the operation, unless Kolson offers to do so. Depending on how many refuges there are, we'll give them some food. We still need to keep most of it though. Let's keep a good eye on them too. Don't want someone to take too much of it.
  • After three days on the ship, I assume I know how much food we've got. I'll transmit the information to Sareth who will go look for a client (highest Aluvian bidder, which will probably turn out to be the military).
  • Sell my: Diamond, aquamarine, corundum, ruby, black pearl, pearl, alexandrite, emerald (56gp of worth last time you told me, which was literally years ago).
  • Does Sareth know what Gretta has done this last week? Has he kept up the appearances to make sure she wouldn't return to her Slate status? If she just left the Exchange, let's not send her any letter.
  • While I'm out selling this stuff, I'll send the letters I've written. If sending a letter to the Lord of Glenden Wood would be dangerous to do politically (for example, maybe he should learn the news from Lady Lightmane to avoid bad blood between her and me), then I won't send it.
  • If I have time, I'll go to the market (or any similar place) where pickpockets would most certainly abound. If I find anyone who is talented, I will warn them of the danger they're putting themselves into and offer them to work for me instead. I'll hire a maximum of three thieves. [Roll awareness, diplomacy and intimidate, when required. And just in case, let's make sure nobody can steal from me. I was a good thief so I should know all the tricks.]


OOC:
Hey Rory, you bought some horses and we brought them with us. You could sell them. Or give one to Higaide and sell the rest. Unless you want to keep them, which is fine. Just sharing an idea.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Archengeia on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:24 pm

There are *mumble mumble* new recruits.  If you really want to do the paperwork just come up with a number, but it's no more than a few hundred at absolute most.  Yes you have enough people to unload the food, though it might take some time given the distances involved.

There are lots and lots of refugees.  

You will find only basic workers and 'low' craftsman amongst the families left behind, as everyone who could fight either signed up or left.

The gems sell for 4g total.

Sareth has been playing diplomat to Gretta and pretending nothing is wrong while the Exchange was gutted in your absence.  She still seems amiable to the deal previously hammered out, and has been nagging him to try and get a trade deal with the Olthoi before someone else does to assist in their war aid efforts.

You don't know much about Fahran of Silentblade other then that he commands a large amount of respect and is known for keeping his ends of deals.

You find exactly one, Mosswart pickpocket who is reasonable towards hireship.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:59 am

OOC:
Talked with Kolson in Steam chat and here's what we decided.


  • We'll hire a few human craftsman. Van will interview them.
  • Kolson will supervise the recruits who will move the food from the docks to the Veil.
  • I will select some recruits and use them as temporary guards. If there are basic weapons laying around, even simple sticks, they'll use it to make sure we don't lose our food to the refugees. We will still give some food to the refugees, but after we stored all the crates safely. They don't need to know what we brought back from Sho. I will also establish a proper patrol schedule.
  • Not sending that letter to Fahran of Silentblade. No enough information to convince me it's a good idea.
  • Still sending a letter to Gretta. After Kolson is done moving the food to the Veil, he will meet her to discuss the possible deal with the Olthoi. He talks skittish, which is nice. And I give him full authority on the matter.
  • No change to Radnaal's letter. Consider it sent. (I would be surprised if he showed up, but I can dream right?)
  • I sold the gems. 4gp, yeah!
  • As for my Mosswart thief, I will ask him to map out the Veil and attempt to find any hidden passages (I know it's a lot of work, I just need someone to start it). He can report in to either me or Sareth. I give him a piece of gold to make him understand that it's better to be working for me instead of against me.
  • I will search through the paperwork Bonebreaker left behind (must have left some if he disappeared so quickly).

Exchange members status:


  • Sareth: searching for a client.
  • Van: doing interviews.
  • Kolson: supervising the recruits who are moving the food.
  • Zeiss: implementing a patrol schedule and rummaging through trenches of paper.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:43 am

"Then I guess the next logical step is this. Who among us succeeded in their Light Temple trial, say 'aye', or 'I did' or, something, whatever." Rory asks this aloud to break through the group discussion and prompt a response from the rest of the group, along with which he will state that he succeeded his Light trial.

When assigning a temporary guard is brought up, Rory offers to train some "off-duty" refugees with Javan, claiming he's not a "proper" warrior exactly, but remembers enough training from his father to teach it to others.
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:00 am

At Rory's interrogation, Zeiss answers:

"Green mages have to succeed their trial for their aspect to grow in power, like Advoc did."

Rory's offer of help in training the recruits surprised him.

"I would be grateful if you did that. I doubt Javan will be able to help you since he seems determined to create his own mercenary company."
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Kolson on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 am

"Sorry Rory, I didn't pass that one," says Kolson on the way out to organize a work detail, now relieved to know that his family was as safe as he could currently make them.

When outside, he'll get everyone's attention (perhaps stand somewhere high where his voice will project) and say, "Attention! Attention! Hello. I'm Kolson, one of your bosses. I'm going to need your help moving cargo from the Docks. Who among you has experience as a porter?"

And from there he will proceed to organize the work detail to get this done. Besides the obvious group needed to physically move the cargo, he'll also organize a warehouse crew, who will distribute the goods for storage. Once that is done, he'll go with the work detail down to the docks to get started and make sure they have all the equipment they need. Once he is satisfied, he'll take command of the warehouse crew so it's done as efficiently as possible.

@Arch Good luck with the rolls on all that. :p If you think there is a skill or skills that might help with my work in the future so we can make this less ridiculous, let me know and we can figure this out. I don't mind redoing my skill points a little or using my next level up to pick it up. Anything that makes your job easier.
avatar
Kolson

Posts : 2790
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 37
Location : California

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:08 am

Rory respectfully lowered his voice again. "It's personal, I get it, and nobody's bragging. But you didn't feel anything else? I'd felt something more, a faint reassurance. Like I was justified and I'd done my part in some 'bigger picture' way. Was it just the dread for the rest of you? I'd thought that maybe everyone who passed their trial felt both of those things."
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by K on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:16 am

Higaide's gonna help move the food, and keep an eye out for anyone he might know among the workers (they ARE human, right?). That way he can half-satisfy his urge to find anything about Ivy, Maeve and Anji without giving himself away to any would-be spies that might be lurking about. Plus, it's good form to let your people know you're not expecting them to do something you're not willing to do yourself.

He'll wait for a day or two before going off to the Temples, in case there's something the party needs him for in order to get settled, and take some of that time to prowl around the spots that Humans seem to have gathered, to see if he can likewise catch a glimpse of any of his friends. He'll try to be as inconspicuous as possible, in order to avoid making contact - all he wants to know is if they're alright. In the event that he does find them, in a state that can be reasonably assumed that they need his help rather badly, he'll step in. Otherwise, he'll try to remain incognito (if it does happen, it'd probably be best to describe the situation, so i can decide on the spot).
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Essoje on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:17 pm

OOC:
Javan actually left to look into the whole mercenary thing, at least the gathering info about it part, together with Advoc.
Just making sure it was clear that it was a thing he is actually doing and not getting lost somewhere.
avatar
Essoje

Posts : 1136
Join date : 2013-02-11
Age : 34

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Rory on Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Annoyed when his skeptism is downplayed or outright ignored, Rory takes a second to breathe in and out, reminding himself of the conversation he had on the ship three days ago. He rose to leave, parting words with Zeiss first.

"So, I'm a teacher now," he sighed. "Alright then. Let me know when you've picked your favorites and we'll begin, today if possible. Right now, I'm going to see if I can meet with Ursolan or set an appointment. Afterward, I'll be having a bite at the Squid's Humor. If you need me or want to join me, just follow my trail."

Rory will visit markets to find a replacement for his bow. Next, he will try to set an appointment with Ursolan to learn of having to do with the protection and/or welfare of the refugees and the humans and if Ursolan is involved in any of it. Lastly, he will train recruits when called on, if the day permits.
Zeiss+Arch:
Could carry a letter from Zeiss to help build closeness/trust with Ursolan as a (potential)contact.

Squid's Humor:
A name I came up with for that nameless fish and chips dive Kolson mentioned in our RP thread. Kolson or Arch, if you had a name for it already, let me know.
market:
I am looking for a composite longbow. I'm aiming for steel material, but I will at least consider one of a higher quality material if available. I will offer to trade in my iron bow.
Training recruits:
As part of whatever Rory does per turn/day, he will train recruits to be npc warriors or pc Fighters. To train the recruits, Rory will command attention and respect through compulsion. It'll be "shape up or ship out". On the first day for each group of recruits, he'll open up with a short speech to intimidate the recruits, and follow through with his threats of punishment(drills, missing a meal, cleaning duty, etc) for acting out. Refusal to submit to punishment will be met with immediate, unannounced thrashing until yielded. An unruly recruit's willingness to cooperate and continue training is secondary to yielding.

Just ask yourself, "WWSRD(what would Ser Royland do)?" and remember that he has no profession ranks in teaching of any kind. Sareth, Van, or any party members observing his training style may wish to visit him in private to correct and/or refine it.

Eventually, enough days in, he'll organize mock skirmishes between groups.


Last edited by Rory on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rory

Posts : 4062
Join date : 2013-02-12
Age : 26
Location : Iowa, US

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Zeiss on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:21 pm

"Well, I wouldn't mind taking a break, but I fear I won't be able to leave this place for the next few days. Thank you for offering though. I'll go find some recruit fit for becoming guards."

Whenever I witness Rory's method of training, I will observe for a few minutes, highly interested. Then I will leave in silence.

OOC:
*laughing*

I love that training method. Don't forget to punish them if they miss a bath. Oh oh oh! You could also play out the fact that you're human and act like that makes you more dangerous than other races. "Be grateful that I'm the one training you and not some elf! The ones I fought were all shitty warriors! Impaling themselves on their own swords!"

You did some nice RP too.

Arch, if we need to buy some training swords, just tell us how much gold we need and we'll pay for it.



After the first day is done, I will speak privately with Higaide.

"I wanted to tell you something. You know I gave some titles to Kolson and Sareth? It's a way to divide the Exchange's responsibilities between different branches. However, I also want to create one special branch and up until now, I had no idea who could lead it. It's about relief efforts. Helping people. Like what the Order is doing, minus the brainwash. Now, I know you were planning to visit the Temples but I think you would be perfect for the job. I give you some resources and you do the best you can with it. You would have free reins. I doubt I would do a better job than you anyway..."

I pause.

"You don't have to give me an answer right away. Just think about it."

And I leave.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 8th

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum