Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd adventure: Proxy War

4 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

2nd adventure: Proxy War - Page 24 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: Proxy War

Post by K Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:15 pm

"But i was just getting good at it..."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:21 pm

"Uh huh."

She leans in to kiss him again, more softly this time, and only for a few seconds.

"We'll have practice later. For now, let's just clean up the mess you made."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:22 pm

"Yes Ma'am."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:30 pm

She looks at him with tender eyes, and gets up.

"Here trooper." She extends her hand to the improvised dishwasher. "I hope you didn't break anything important."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:32 pm

"I'll let you know." - he takes her hand.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:53 pm

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:Zelk almost raises an eyebrow at Konrad's dark sense of humor, but she doesn't press on it. She takes the book back from Steve. "You're not keeping it. It's just going to give you a lot of ideas I don't need in your head right now."

That got dark fast. He'd have to ask Konrad about it later. "I think that's for the best. We were nearly half way through by the time Professor Thomen confiscated it last time. If we reignited the War of 69 we'd probably burn the ship down."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 pm

[Uh-oh. Funny for the viewers and players. Not so much funny to anyone else.]

"The ship? Is that all you'd be worried about? It would very quickly turn into the War of 86, if I had anything to say about it," Konrad warned.

"Well, enjoy the read, Ice Queen. I'd have given it to Steve, but I have reasonable doubt to think that he won't need it," he adds, winking impishly. And with that he's gone.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Once Konrad has left the room, Zelk turns to Steve and asks in the most poker-faced manner, "So, exactly how much experience do you have?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:04 pm

"Uh, well. Not that many." Steve starts scratching the back of his head uncomfortably. "Um, do you really want to know about this? Because I wasn't going to ask you about your experience."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Zelk smiles again. "No, don't worry," she reassures him. "I just wanted to see you embarrassed."

She is very pleased.

"Now then." She sighs. "I'm seeing those black dots again."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 pm

"Here, let me get that for you." He's clearly relieved that she was fucking with him and is all too happy to get back to nursing. Steve motions for her to lean forward while he redoes the pillows into an arrangement for sleeping. "I'm going to bus these dishes. I'll be back."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:29 pm

Once she has positioned herself, she cannot resist letting out a groan; the coziness is just that great. "Thank you," she tells him. "Don't take too long. I'm thinking of having you massage my feet when you get back."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:46 pm

"I don't know, I'm really good at massages. Are you sure you can handle it?" He picks up the gathered dishes and starts heading out, only stopping at the door to see if she'll say anything else.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:12 am

"Is that a challenge?" she asks with a daring tone. "I'm game. Take care of those dishes, and clean your hands too."

Steve has never seen her smile so many times in one single day.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:43 am

Wowzers. "Yes ma'am!" He practically runs out of the room.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 am

Konrad only:

Mihai and Steve:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Once dinner is over, everyone slowly disperse. Avalon goes back into the forest and the monks to their rooms. The children however stay in the hall with Breeze to play more word games with her, while Conan has just disappeared somewhere else. Fedler is going to go check on Zelk with Mihai, and the squad members are talking among themselves. Fredrick and Adam voice their intention to go take a nap, but Naomi isn't tired yet, and she says she'll go for a walk on the beach. She leaves through the back door, and Konrad does the same.

8:13 PM, 8th of August
a lone island in the Enclave

Just as the sun has begun to set in the distance, Leon finds every party member, including those from Zelk's squad, to tell them they are going to pay their respect and burn the bodies of their deceased friends. Zelk insists that she goes, and she will hear none of Steve's protests, if he has any. The rest of the squadmates obviously accept the invitation, as well as Fedler and Breeze. Leon tells the others that Konrad prefers to stay in his room, which slightly worries the fairy.

"I'll stay with him," she declares. "He's my buddy, and I don't think he's feeling alright. He needs me to look after him!"

She says this with her hands on her hips, believing that she's the right person to do it, and flies away towards the end of the southern hallway. "If you wish to join us," explains Leon, "I'll be waiting for you in front of the monastery."

He leaves.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:44 pm

Mihai will join.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:40 pm

While Steve voiced a halfhearted protest to Zelk, it didn't take much convincing to get him to go along with it. He knows deep down she's right and so he makes the arrangements. First he walks the entire path between her room and the wake. He opens doors, moves furniture, and notes potential pitfalls; basically anything to make it easier to get her safely from point A to point B. He also asks Adam to bring a chair for her to rest on when she needs it.

That done, he helps her walk to the ceremony.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:18 pm

Konrad only:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:27 pm

Just as he promised, Leon is waiting for the rest of the party in front of the monastery. The power couple, the squad mates and the man in rags are already there when Zelk leaves the building with Steve's help. Just when the sun has begun its descent below the horizon, the monk turns around and starts walking towards the clearing Mihai has been to earlier, but he is interrupted by Breeze's voice.

"Wait for us!" she shouts. "We're coming!"

Leon is surprised by Konrad's appearance, as are the squad members, but he quickly regains his composure and bows to the red mage as a sign of appreciation. They begin their walk on the short dirty path that cuts through the forest, and arrive at the clearing where a 25 by 10 meters building stands. "This is where the children slept," explains Leon. He then leaves the group to join the other monks who are standing in a line in front of three small pyres; their comrades' bodies have been placed on top of them. Valor is holding a torch in her hand. Volwind and Saria are standing with their guardians, and the little girl is quietly crying, her brother's arm on her shoulder. Master Avalon, who's in the middle of the line, turns around to greet the party with a nod, and gestures for them to take place behind them. There is a chair placed there already, just like Steve asked, and Zelk sits on it, her legs weaker than when they left the monastery.

There is a moment of silence. The only thing that can be heard are the sounds of the nocturnal wildlife around them, and the soft ruffing of the leaves that are constantly moved by the wind rushing in from the ocean. Avalon clears his throat, and begins singing in Stoikota with his disciples, including the children; it is an old song that dates back to before the Flood, which conveys the impressions of those that were close to the departed, how grateful they were for their presence, and the sorrow caused by their absence. Fedler, Breeze, Conan and Adam add their voices to the song by singing the lyrics reserved for those who didn't know the departed, but still appreciated all that they've done for those around them. Fredrick and Naomi, who probably can't speak Stoikota, simply lower their heads as a sign of respect. As the chorus begin to sound stronger, Valor approaches the pyres and ignites the fires of the last rite.

The song ends, and the crackling of the flames take over the silence.

The monks stay immobile for the next few minutes, their eyes fixated on the pyres. Suzy leaves the line, places her hands on the children's shoulders, and gently takes them back to the monastery. The squad members follow them, and Zelk gestures at Steve to help her get up. Fedler, Breeze and Conan shortly follow suit while the other monks stay in the clearing. The sun has now disappeared behind the horizon, and the sky is slowly turning black.

Party:
OOC:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:36 pm

Not knowing the song, Mihai just lowers his head.

He leaves when Fedler and Breeze do.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Steve will join in at the appropriate parts and help Zelk when it's time to leave.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Konrad merely stands and watches. It's a pretty song. After a while, the sight of the kids in mourning and singing the song does cause him to defer to bowing his head a little.

He waits to see if more than one person is needed to move Zelk, but assuming someone else volunteers to make sure she gets the aid she needs to move around, he'll return to the monastery at a brisk pace without a second glance and without walking around with anyone else. He has no obligation to stick around anymore.

He will go straight back to the room he and Steve share and probably get an early night. After he cleans up a little mess from earlier.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:30 am

Mihai only:

Steve wakes up and sees that Zelk is standing in front of the open window. The young woman is still wearing the traditional monk outfit that Steve put on her with Fedler's help yesterday. Just a glance at Zelk is enough to tell him she has completely recovered; she obviously managed to walk over there by herself, and her skin isn't pale anymore. She faces Steve when she hears him move in his futon. "Hey," she says. "Slept well?"

Konrad wakes up to find his only roommate sleeping on his chest. The fairy is drooling.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next