Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 14th

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

May 14th      - Page 2 Empty Re: May 14th

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:00 pm

Javan looks up from what he's doing currently, looking a little pale but still focused for the time being and answers Rory, "What? Oh. Right. I was just going to add some stupid useless commentary on our current situation but... You said you talked to the commander Sentinel and he made this little commentary on how he could at times feel the wind or the scents of the area around him without even knowing how or why. I'm glad you told me that bit, because I feel that most of the time, and specially so after my... mutation."

He raises the flask with the fluids of the fallen sentinel that he has been seemly 'playing' with for a few minutes now and his talk speed starts to speed up, his speech sounds more and more like he's talking more to himself than anything else, "This fluid is rich in air element, taken from the sentinel we destroyed. Just touching this stuff made Higs 'glow' with air elemental energy. I just assumed this was some kind of 'oil-like' substance before so I didn't think much of it at the time. It might still be the case, but an horrible thought crossed my mind and I want to be 100% sure that I'm wrong... What if the Sentinels are like... liquid hewmans protected by a metal egg shell? Didn't the metal guy say that as long as one element survives the destruction they can be rebuilt? Well, it might very well be this. Or it could be something else. But just think of the repercussions of the liquid alone being so air-element rich... You would need to extract it from somewhere, or something... or somepeople! Nonono, even if it's not coming from otherpeopleitwouldmakesensethattheyhavesomeverydangeroustechnologyontheirhandsweneedtofindoutmoreaboutthisbutI'mlackingthetoolsforacompleteinvestigationbutshouldbeabletoatleastgetagoodideaofwhatcomponentshasbeenusedtocreatethisfluidbymakinguseofthe'elementalwavevibrationprinciple'andcompareitwithmyownandahuman'sbutifIdothatthen..."
Translation of the last bit:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:46 am

"Alright alright. Go ahead and look into that, then. Let me know if you need anything. I'll just be heading out now. Try not to let anyone see you."

[I can't even begin to process what that component might be now (maybe some metal trinket that basically houses the person's soul and nothing else), but I doubt it's a liquid that is so easily lost when dispersed after a sentinel suffers dismemberment.]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:27 am

Higaide and Rory find out some basic info about the Vyeotians. They've been around for a fairly long time, and something about a catastrophic war which they ended up winning, but then 'in their foolishness' the leaders of the Vyeotians decided to leave the planet for other pastures to conquer and they all died. This rather suddenly left the Vyeotians who remained as an endangered species, at the mercy of those they'd just been at war with. They fled to this continent, seeking some possibility of defense against their opponents, and have been here ever since. Reportedly they were ecstatic when other Humans were found to exist, and they began tilting most of their efforts and resources towards getting them under their wing and protected as quickly and smoothly as possible.

The only 'weakness' the Sentinels have that you're aware of is the fact that they have emergency teleporters for when they take sufficient damage, which recall them to a service bay for repairs.

There is plenty of variety for food at the store. None of it comes straight from a farm or anything, it's all packaged and ready to go. Actually there are no farms nearby, come to think of it.

Rory would have no problems getting a job since they're effectively always hiring, he'd just have to decide what position.

Javan continues to babble insanely while poking at things doing sciency stuff.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:52 am

Rory then later remembers that the Vyeotians intercepted his people en masse when they were supposed to be going to the Sho territory (the player keeps forgetting if that was the Empire or the Republic, so to lampshade this, Rory is ever so slightly biased against that region. He definitely carries personal bias against Burun), and finally to Osteth.

Without revealing this, he questions further.  They left the planet? Wow! The advances my own kind had made long before us! Feels like only yesterday we were swimming, fishing, and "fighting" in copper armor. But what enemy was it that they had defeated and were now stuck with? He has a hunch about what the answer may be.

Rory will look through whatever catalogue he was handed for a position likely to get him noticed by the elder Vyeotians, requiring martial talent and experience. And possibly "people skills".

Knowing that he will one day have the chance to confront the Vyeotians in some manner fills him with Determination.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Those Rory interacts with are given the impression that Rory is ambitious, and wants to 'climb up the ladder', so they recommend either military service (as an elite or on the officer track) or some type of managerial position.

The GM was rolling dice for Javan's INT rolls on experiments when he remembered (it's been a while gimme a break) that Javan doesn't roll anymore. So burn about 3 for me please.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Rolls used:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:05 pm

Oh for Deep Ones' sake, who do I gotta hit to get noticed around here? Y'know, I don't think they do that here, do they? Seems most places I've visited don't do that. Well...Rory stores that information. He will consider it, but perhaps it is too soon, given that they've only been here in Lazy Town for the better part of a day.

Well aside from the market and their homes, Rory will Gather Info on what else there is here in town. Maybe there's a map that can tell me.

Might explore the farms. Is there a subterranean level, do I see manholes?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:09 am

There is a small underground area where certain mosses, vines, and fungi are grown. There's also a library (you knew that), a park, an indoor rec area with sports equipment (no Valcinball though), an outdoor sports area, a clinic, a saloon, and a large hobby building that provides all sorts of non essential goods for people seeking hobbies.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 am

Higaide makes note to steer clear of any such service bays, lest his old friend from the plantation be around to recognize him. In fact, it may just be a matter of time before that happens anyway.

He'll be sure to steer clear of Sentinels in the near future.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:39 pm

[Well, since I skipped over the fact that there are no farms...well, obviously the farms aren't here, there somewhere else. In fact, I skipped over two things.]

Rory just gets the food. It's understandable given that the farms aren't here per sey.

Things have changed considerably. Still under the impression that the first sentinel they encountered was on the up-and-up, Rory thinks "perhaps they deserve a chance." And even though he'd like to confront them as soon as possible, he's not in a position to go bad-news-bears on the Vyeotians. So rocking the boat is neither a good idea nor viable.

He decides to sign up with the elites before the day is over.

Despite his doubts, he really hopes that this is a good thing. It's been a couple weeks, maybe the Vyeotians have had some time to think about what they're doing. His doubts tell him that he might have to put up with some questionable things before he gets a chance to meet the elder Vyeotians. And maybe the elites can tell him more about who gets to see them and why.

If he encounters the first sentinel he met again, maybe he can still smooth things out. Heh. I probably will. And when we do, hopefully we can convince them to leave our stowaway alone.

He visits the saloon for a drink. Not to get hosed, just to relax.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Higaide Logan shrugs and goes for the same. Nothing to be accomplished by keeping to deadbeat village anyway.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:48 am

Javan, still waiting on that reply to the PM.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Javan tinkers away in their given room with what amounts to no equipment whatsoever, but a lot of knowledges at his back, and three nice dice rolls. After extensive tinkering, by about which time Rory and Higaide get back with news (more on that in a bit), and has discovered that this odd liquid has already lost almost all of its elemental Air power that was charging it earlier. Fortunately he blew some high rolls so he's aware that it went into himself, but either way he deduces that the liquid has no Elemental Air in it as its natural state.

Rory and Higaide have no trouble signing up for the elites, as they are informed that both have quite a record of information already on file. The person goes on to rattle several of their accomplishments, going as far back as when they were still working for the defunct Adventurer's Guild. With such a resume there will be only a cursory examination to determine what branch of function they best suit.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 am

Higaide asks how they know so much about them (not that he can't guess).
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 pm

The recruiter actually has no idea, but all their information is on file, so to speak. He hands Higaide the list just to prove it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:33 pm

"Hey, I never...hmm...nevermind. Feels like a long time ago. I was going by a different name back then. But it's true, we were pretty great on all of our missions. You may as well let us pick whatever job we want."

Diplomacy
Trying to hype up our exploits. Barbarian hoype.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Diplomacy roll... accepted. Any further actions you want to do in the evening before we roll over to the 15th?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:13 pm

No, nothing else.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:32 pm

Just one last thing. Higaide will ask if they have Zeiss or Kolson or Javan on file. And if so, if he can have a copy.

After that, let's roll.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Naturally all of them are on file. And he offers copies.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2