Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inbetween Adventure: The Current Dilemma

+9
Essoje
Kolson
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
K
Ashakel
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Inbetween Adventure: The Current Dilemma - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inbetween Adventure: The Current Dilemma

Post by Ashakel Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Ashakel stands up and seemingly angry approaches Tabran. "You're some sort of a SPY, eh?" *draws sword* "I don't like that.... but I like you, you have wits, so I'll put up with all this nonsense so far."

Turning to the group at large, pointing with his sword. "I think you are all wretched fools to even consider doing this, being a puppet and a tool in some stranger's hands... But I'll be damned if I allow you to get yourselves killed. The gods know I owe you my life. *checks his head scar with his fingers* If you truly want this stupidity, I will follow. Because I must." *sheaths sword and sits again*
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

The Inbetween Adventure: The Current Dilemma - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inbetween Adventure: The Current Dilemma

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm

Snarg looks back and forth across the group, a half-grin on his face. "Ya gettin' a bit too worked up, I'm thinkin'. I'm not seein' what's being' different 'bout doing Order stuff and workin' fer ya Guild. Ya ain't even seen anythin' they offerin' and ya assumin' it some sorta slave-type deal."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:13 pm

"If i'm wrong later, you can totally call me out on it."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Rory had gotten bored sitting up in his room, munching on shark jerky and not doing much else.

He reentered the inn commons when Javan was halfway through his amateur speech to see Kezrinthka had finally worked up the courage to come back, as well she should. Bitterness worked its way into the features of his face as he looked away, hopefully before the Olthoi had a chance to see it staring back at her...it. Initially, he was never quite sure of the insect's gender. It could be that it was a he, and just had a high alto inflection to his voice; still, everyone called it a she, so he had no reason to doubt it further, as "she" did not protest.

Javan's words did make sense, and they were plain--Rory respected that. If these events were indeed connected he had an interest in seeing the masterminds' plans thwarted. The doubt for his initial vote was easily noticeable in his silent reflection on Javan's reasoning.

When the Troll pointed his sword at him, Rory's brow furrowed and his lip curled, while his hand rested on his battleaxe. He did not like being on the receiving end of an ally's lack of weapon courtesy. It was...uncouth. A frilly word he heard used by a passing noble pansy, though it did seem to fit, the way he used it. He wish he could say it was "unbecoming" of a Troll, but the truth tended toward the opposite.

"So what exactly have you been telling your lords, Tabran?" he pressed. "Anything about humans in those reports? About how "uncivilized" we are? About how science-impaired we are in comparison to those giant ships we saw in the sky above Kheynth? How overwhelming a victory they would achieve if they went to war with us?"

As far as he was concerned, he had barely known the Lycan long enough to depend on its trustworthiness, and didn't mind allowing himself to appear threatening.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:40 pm

"Eh, he does what he's wantin'." Snarg brushed his hand at Tabran, "I ain't disprectin' doing' scoutin' fer ya house, tribe, or what ya be callin' it. If not tellin' all 'bout ya is bein' a spy, than we're all bein' spies, yep? 'sides, he ain't a good spy if he's tellin us 'bout it."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:44 pm

"and what is there to tell i dont know the first thing about your race and from what i can tell no one here has any more knowledge of them than i do? are they uncivilized? are they science-impaired? i cant say i remember asking you or Hig's about it thou ied be lying if i said that i haven't wondered what the rest of your Race is like but i have Bigger concerns that that for the time been"

"and Snrag im telling you because i believe i can trust you and that you deserve to be told"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Snarg casually leans back in his seat and gives Tabran an affirmative gesture.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:54 pm

"Hey, what did i do, to get dragged into the argument? I don't know if i should be upset, but the bullshit i've had to deal with today kinda put things in perspective. I you want to know something about humans, you can ask about it over lunch, and i'll ask something about lycanthropes, and we'll all come out smarter in the end. As long as your job doesn't endanger anyone i care about, i'm fine with it."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Rory sighed and desisted. "You have a point," he resigned. "What I am still curious about is this freedom Raver wanted. Last time he spoke, he said something about Lycans not having life for themselves, and he couldn't have been more vague about it. What exactly did he mean?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 pm

"I do not know. The Lycans already have free will. If they prefer to serve their masters, let them be."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:24 pm

"hummm..... i, i dont quite know what Raver's concern's were i never had chance to speak to him about it"

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:32 pm

"Eh, from what I was seein', I'm thinkin' he was a bit..." Snarg crosses his eyes and bonks his head a few times.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:38 pm

Im for whatever the group is for, but it seem like right now we should go freelance as the order seems to be too unreliable.
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Sethos stands up "I say we work for the order, but I want to head the spacial temple before we take on any of their missions for us" and then sits back down, his face disappearing back into his pint glass.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

*Kezrin walks over to Caladrius.*

"My friend I believe you will have more use of this than I."

*Hands him 'Elaborate Hat (+2 Mana)'*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 pm

Zeiss drank his water without really following the conversation. Almost everyone voted.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am

Gwydo looks up from his half finished cup of coffee and warily sighs.
"I have listened to both sides, and here is my opinion."

"You have spoken of the local's mistreatment of us and their lack of assistance in our recent bill, which is true. But you also speak of Crifu's mistreatment of us, which is not. He, like us, just arrived in town. Having heard of us besting the golem that had been as yet unbeatable, he is understandably impressed. Wouldn't you be? I certainly am! So your treatment of him as if he was one of the local bureaucratic misanthropes is misplaced. I believe he speaks honorably and with honorable intentions."

"Being an unofficial representative of an element myself, becoming officially associated with the Order would be beneficial. And who says we can't be associated with both the Order and the Adventurer's Guild?"

"And, IF they will only give work to Order associates, who is to say we couldn't hire 'mercenary' assistance?" he says, looking around the room at the others that are refusing to work for the Order.

Seeing Kez for the first time, Gwydo cocks his head and narrows his eyes at her. Then, sighing resignedly and taking a sip of the coffee, "Well that's my opinion. I think we can make a decision before heading to the Spacial temple, but we could certainly visit the temple before taking any Order jobs."

Groaning as he achingly rose slowly to his feet, "I'll be in the wagon. Sleeping."

With that, he made his way out of the inn, barely fighting off his obvious exhaustion.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2