Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

+8
K
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Rory
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 15 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 am

Zeiss whispers so that only Dara can hear.

"Hanuel, I think you should get the Lieutenant here. Right now. You must stop this woman. We will let the soldiers arrest us."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day - Page 15 Empty Re: Fifth Adventure 02: The Long Day

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:34 am

*kezrin moves back a little from the others. Clearly shocked by the immediate and horrified reaction of the mayor at the mere mention of the door. She grabs Kolson's sleeve out of reflex and whispers to no one in particular.*

"I have a really bad feeling about this..."
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:36 am

"mayor we can talk about this right here in the open were Anyone can see or we can talk in privet"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 am

Mayor

Kolson nods to Kez in acknowledgement. "Please, Sir, just come with us to the mine and explain. We don't have to be enemies and this doesn't have to be a fight. I think you are good man trying to do the right thing. And if it truly is the right thing you should have no problems talking about it. Yes?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:40 am

Mayor:
Forith clearly refuses to budge. He is staring at you, demanding an answer. You notice his bodyguards are beginning to get a bit restless at his posture.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:44 am

Mayor:
Z whispers very quietly to Kolson. "Back off now if you don't want us in jail tonight."

Mine:
Hanuel looks surprised, then depressed. "So, Rory is getting the group arrested," they mutter, shaking their head. "I don't suppose there's anything we could do for them?"
Torntoe looks at the Fairy. "What are they getting arrested for?"
"Something about assaulting our Troll suspect."
The smack from Torntoe slapping his forehead is so loud it makes a few nearby guards look over curiously. "Let 'em rot in jail for a night, then we'll get 'em out."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:46 am

"We've learned what we've told you. There's a secret door at the mine, a very sophisticated one, and the staff didn't seem aware of it's existence. Add to that the fact it's been visited by your secretary. It's what we know. And by your reaction, it's obvious it's something very serious.

Again, we're just trying to understand the situation. We've been dealing with a lot of unexplained happenings lately, and we're thinking there might be a connection here. We won't do anything that might jeopardize the town's safety or yours."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 am

"Sir, I'll let you go for now, but this isn't over. You've proven by your actions right here that you are up to no good. Just know that I'll make it my personal mission to stop you and whoever is helping you." He puts down his arm and steps away from the Mayor.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:49 am

Mayor:
Forith visibly relaxes. "It's nothing bad or whatever it is you're suspecting, I assure you. I can't possibly think how it is, unless..." he trails off a bit. "Are you guys here on some kind of witch hunt?"

Office:
The soldiers rush in. While they do not look as well armed and armored as some you've seen recently, they are clearly on edge, half-expecting Stonehold troops when they rush into the office. They brandish their weapons, expecting the worse, but per military convention give you one warning; "Surrender now and you will not be harmed!" and one of the other guards somewhat belated adds "Even if you're with Stonehold! The law is the law, we promise you will not be injured!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 am

Mine
Snarg wrinkles his nose at the news. "Eh, they're ALL bein' arrested? Where they be keepin' 'em, I'm wonderin'. They ain't gonna be gettin' nabbed 'less they be findin' somethin'. 'least we can visit 'em."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:51 am

Sethos sighs and raises his hands slowly.

"No Stoneholders here officer, just a misunderstanding"

He gives Rory and Zeiss a look suggesting they should do the same.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 am

Mine:
Snarg's knowledge of local politics is sufficient but Torntoe explains it for Hanuel's benefit. "If they didn't actually injure her, and I have a feeling they weren't that stupid, such a charge would result in only a few days in the local jail. Given the military's say in this city it'll be a military prison, and I can walk in tomorrow and get them out. Unless they do anything else stupid, of course."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:54 am

Mayor

Kolson pitches his voice low to keep their conversation private.

"You are acting suspiciously and not being particular forthcoming about SECRET DOORS in a heavily guarded military area. And you ask about witch hunts," Kolson scoffs at him, "It's an unknown paired with suspicious activity; all operating together very similarly to the conspiracy that has led your nation to war with Stonehold. A witch hunt is the least of your troubles."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:55 am

*kezrin turns to the mayor*

"Of course not sir. Its just... well suffice it to say the last week has been filled with ... people up to no good... and people trying to do us harm. We are all a little on edge." *She elbows Kolson with a hind claw.* "You will forgive us?"
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:55 am

Office

"Let's calm down soldier. We are not from Stonehold. We are members of the Order on business here and sent by Distributor Rennaz of Seaspear."

Zeiss shoes his badge.

"We did not threaten or assaulted Miss Tarella. If you want to arrest us on false charges, you can proceed, we will not resist. But you should know that Miss Tarella withholds information that may threaten the security if this town."

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 am

Rory remained silent, clearly frustrated that what he tried did not work. He berated himself in his own mind for forgetting about the soldiers, and woman's ability to let out an ear-piercing scream.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 am

"Uh, he doesn't mean that. We've been on edge even before we'd heard about the war, sir, if you'll understand.

No witch hunt. The business we've been on, well, i couldn't go into detail out here in the open, but like i said, we have been dealing with a lot of unexplained happenings, possibly with a greater purpose, and tying into our current state of affairs. On a large scale, if you take my meaning. We think that door might be a part of that, and we're trying to understand what it pertains too. I can already understand it's a matter of great gravity, but if you could share what you know with us, it could be potentially very helpful, for both."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:59 am

Mine
"Yeah, ya right - they ain't that stupid." Snarg pauses for a moment and turns to Hanuel. "They ain't be hurtin' 'er ... right?" he asks, eyebrow raised.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 am

*bows to the mayor.*

"If you will excuse us."

*promptly marches off with kolson in tow*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 am

Mine:
Hanuel shakes their head. "No they were just questioning her and Rory threatened to tie her up if she didn't tell them what was behind the door. She was pretty stubborn, strangely so, but didn't panic until they mentioned forcing her to open the door." Hanuel glances at the wall. "I'll assume that's proof positive that she's one of the souls tied, if nothing else."

Office:
The soldiers look extremely wary, but you notice the woman has not spoken up to condemn you and so they slowly lower their weapons. "I sincerely doubt Miss Tarsella is involved with the business you imply, son... but we'll let you go with a warning this time." He looks at Zeiss straight in the eyes. "Don't make me regret this." The soldiers turn and go back to their posts.

Mayor:
The Mayor seems to be in deep thought. "I... I need to talk with someone about it. It's not what you think, it can't possibly be. But it's not my choice alone to make, understand?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:08 am

"I understand."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:09 am

Z, noticing the crowds and guards, has meanwhile slipped away into the crowd and disappeared. None of you have any idea where they went.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 am

Zeiss nods at the soldiers before they leave.

"Thank you."

He then turns towards the woman.

"My colleagues are probably talking with the Mayor right now. About your door. We will open it. We will find a way. Our job is to make sure the people in this town do not have to live in fear. That they are safe. Do we have the same goal?"

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 am

"ok guys somthing about his wording was ...odd ill tell you about it when we are in privet but first i want to see the LT"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 am

After the soldiers leave, Rory's anger began to well up. He visibly boiled with it, but hunched over and skulked in a corner. He needed to break something.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next