Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 15th: Assault on Janwall

+8
Sethos
Rory
Z
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Kolson
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

February 15th: Assault on Janwall - Page 14 Empty Re: February 15th: Assault on Janwall

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:03 am

After Trenaran explains that they have one man fit for the job, Zeiss says :

"...Thank you. But now that I think about it, one amongst our group preferred to stay in Holtburg to... organize things. Maybe we should send him. One thing though : could some of your people guard the ship while he is gone? The crew would certainly arrive tomorrow."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

February 15th: Assault on Janwall - Page 14 Empty Re: February 15th: Assault on Janwall

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am

"Guard? God no," Trenaran laughs. "But we can keep an eye on it. That's about all we got around here are watchful eyes. I'll make sure I've got eyes on it at all times."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:06 am

"Thank you Treneran. We will head for Ritholme now."

Zeiss bows, then leave. They will stay for the night and leave first thing in the morning.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:34 am

Javan approached the centaur after Zeiss was done with whatever master plan he was playing, at least in the fairy's mind that's what it was all about.

"Well, I'm going to go with these guys now that things got somewhat sorted out. Looks to me like they are in quite a bit of trouble themselves, so might as well give them a hand.", said the fighter while fixing the straps on his backpack and then finished with a smile. "Take care, lady. Hope luck finds you wherever you go!"

Without waiting much of an answer, Javan rushed to the party's wagon, his white scarf getting into his face and almost making him lose his balance at least twice, while the fairy expressed his wishes to not be left behind. And then finds out they are not leaving until morning. He slowly gets back to Trenaran and says quietly, "Oh, hello again, big lady. I, uh, I'm going to just go grab something to eat, ok? Yeah, not awkward at all..."

Last edited by Essoje on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 am

*Z refuses to touch the bodies of the dead anymore, even to help move them. In fact after examining the bodies she turns and walks out of inn saying nothing to anyone about what she had learned. Although, from Tabran's previous explanations and the annoyed expression on her face, you feel fairly certain that anything she learned would be of little or no additional value.*

*At some point after leaving the room she walks over to Kolson and pulls out her tea pot, filling it with water and heating it with flame from her hand.*

"At some point I ought to have this woven to heat water itself." She mumbles idly.
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:46 am

tab gose to the docks and takes a look at the weapons the attackers were useing.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:50 am

Zeiss decides to search for a high vantage point and decides to stand watch until midnight, while also observing the people of Janwall for anything suspicious.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:54 am

Tabran Cole wrote:tab gose to the docks and takes a look at the weapons the attackers were useing.

The weapons are made out of a Material you cannot identify but, at this point, recognize having seen it before on a spear Ashakel recently acquired (and then gave to your lost friend Javan). As you touch the first weapon you feel a strange sensation that makes you uneasy and drop it, but nothing else occurs. The weapons look incredibly well crafted, and as you experiment with them you realize the sharpness of the edges has not dulled in the slightest from use. You are successful enough to realize that whatever odd energy is in them that makes you worry did not originate from the weapons, and in fact is dissipating, but it likely came from their wielders. Other then this residual, the weapons have no markings of magic, Elements, or Weaving whatsoever.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:56 am

On the beach with Z

Kolson looks over at her and at the pot. After a pregnant pause, he finally says, "I could take a look at it, if you want."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:57 am

Walking over to the beach, Rory looks at the weapons as well. "Whatcha got there?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

"i dont really know there odd i think whoever made then was the same person that made the rings, i need kolson and Zeiss to have a look at then Hanaul too.

Rory would you please stand watch over them make sure no one touches them?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:01 am

"Sure, no problem," he says while browsing for a replacement.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:08 am

Kolson Wezrae wrote:On the beach with Z

Kolson looks over at her and at the pot. After a pregnant pause, he finally says, "I could take a look at it, if you want."

*Water finally boiling, Z pours two mugs and drops a couple bags of white berry blossom tea into them. She then hands the kettle off to Kolson.*

"Do you think you could make it so that it cools down immediately after the water is poured? I've plopped it in my bag a few times only to have it melt things I had in there because it was still hot. Wax is a pain to get out of material once it re-hardens."

*She sits one of the mugs down in front of him, and sips the second.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:19 am

"Thank you." He picks up the tea and blows on it a bit.

"I've never tried to do that before but I don't see why I couldn't try." He takes a sip of the tea. "Oh, what kind is this? My sister tried and tried but I just never had a head for types of tea."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:23 am

*Z smiles a bit into her mug.*

"White Berry Blossom. Its a softer sweeter brew." *She pulls the tea bag out dropping it in the kettle to dry.* "You don't need sugar or milk for it, in fact its not bitter at all unless you let it seep for to long. Its a fairly common tea, but can only be found seasonally here in Norther Aluvia, but it can be found in Collier year round."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:37 am

"Did you know that a teapot was the first thing I ever Weaved? I was seven years old and my sister wanted a tea pot for her games. So I snuck into my mother's library and borrowed one of her Weaving Treatises." He takes a sip of White Berry Blossom tea.

"I tried and I tried, but I could never get it to look right. In fact, she was the one who found me. I was horrified and ran off, horribly embarrassed. When I finally made my way back home I found my sister playing with my horrible tea pots, having a grand old time of it. As far as she was concerned they were the best thing ever.

My mom pulled me aside and said, "Kol, why we do something is more important than if we fail or succeed. See?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 am

Rory looks for Trenaran later when she isn't busy.

"It's been a hell of a day," he says, offering her a bottle of mead. "Something to take the edge off."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 am

Trenaran grabs it, sniffs it, and looks at you a bit odd. "Not ashamed to share a drink with a Centaur?" She hasn't taken a swig just yet.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:52 am

*Z says nothing sitting drinking her tea and listening to Kolson's story. The two sit amiably in silence for a small while.*

"Do not let the death of others weigh on you. They died because they were weak. If they had not been weak then it would have been your life that ended. This is the way of things."

*She stands and begins to walk away, but turns back and lays an awkward hand on his shoulder which is removed fairly quickly.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:56 am

tab walks up to Kolson with han and Zeis in tow

"i need you tow to look at the weapons that the attackers were using you too Z if you dont mind? as i said to Han and Zeiss i wouldnt touch then if i were you there is something wrong with them."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 am

Kolson tips his hat to Z, before standing up and brushing sand off of his robe. "What do you know about them so far?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:00 am

*Z looks up at Tabran, then at Zeiss and Rory following dutifully behind him, then toward the docks.*

"I don't want anything to do with that unnatural "technology" stuff. They somehow channeled a non-magic spell through those men. If you want my opinion its that we should destroy them all immediately, no "inspection." Nothing good will come of it and any magic check's we do on them won't help."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:01 am

Archengeia wrote:Trenaran grabs it, sniffs it, and looks at you a bit odd. "Not ashamed to share a drink with a Centaur?" She hasn't taken a swig just yet.
Rory's eyes narrow a bit, but he pauses to ponder his next words. "I haven't met many, but I've heard a lot of talk that most don't go near any town other than to do what we just prevented today. And then there's you."

He holds out his hand, offering to take back the bottle. "And if that's poisoned, then I'm a dead man."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:02 am

"i agree that they need destroying but if there likely to be used agained me ied like to know more for next time first."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:02 am

"Okay then..."

He follows Tabran, and listens to Z.

"We will destroy them after I have a look at it. But I can already guess what kind of weapon it will be..."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next