Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

+5
Essoje
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss Empty D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

Post by Archengeia Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:39 pm

So I haven't really set a sleep schedule in the new place yet per say, but on top of that I'm in a new time zone now, and it's been a month for all of you. So the summary here is; what would be a good time for everyone to game at? Now, right now I go to bed at around 11 PM EST and wake up at around 8 AM EST. That can change, of course (and will probably have to for a good streaming time). But yeah there's the current baseline. Lemme know guys, especially those of you who are pretty regular.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss Empty Re: D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Because of my new schedule for work, the optimal time for me to play is friday and saturday in the evening. But I can still play from sunday to thursday from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM Est, after which I have to leave for work.

Of course, this schedule I just gave you considers only the evenings, since I find it unlikely that we play during the afternoon.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss Empty Re: D&D Live Session Times, Going Forward: Discuss

Post by Rory Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:03 pm

I've been prepared for going back the regular stream time on Mondays and Tuesdays, and then I think it was Thursday and Friday that you'd stream on Twitch. So I guess I should have taken the new time zone into account. As far as your current inner clock goes, I'd be obliged if we were to start after 4pm(that would be 3pm in the new GM time) to the point where you'd have to call it a night at 11(10pm CST for me). I've been trying to get into a schedule of around 2pm CST to 5am.

I had an interview yesterday for the unloading team position at Walmart, evening-to-night, and they'll be calling me again for a second interview with a different interviewer for two different views/opinions on me, so I'm feeling pretty good about that, despite the fact that I'd start out as a temp *if* they hire me. Hence, I've been trying to figure in our stream time as to when I'd be awake to work on the days I'm not playing a curmudgeonly barbarian. I gave them 4pm-4am Wednesday thru Saturday as my availability, but since I'll be a temp, I'll probably have time to change that up, but I get the feeling that they were looking forward to me being available on the weekends.

So what that means is I'll be able to game all night from 2-3pm CST...I guess I shouldn't really be worried, as that makes roughly 7-8 hours at the most. We have played from 8pm to 3-4am(I think your time was CST before you moved, right?), so no longer or shorter than our sessions were before we had to go on hiatus. If you were to change your sleep schedule, 7-8 hours of your awake time would have to be between 1-2pm EST to 4am for me to be able to stay for all 7-8 hours, if I'm not making any mistakes here.

If we were to change actual days, then we might have real conflict with my schedule, and that really would suck because I really was enjoying being a part of the action from the start to end of each stream. As an olive branch, I wouldn't mind if we stuck to 3-hour periods on Monday and Tuesday for Zeiss' sake, as sessions have been getting faster on Ventrilo, and I'd accept the shorter stream time as a trade-off. That's still 6-7 hours a week, and I think shorter sessions, although disappointingly so, would allow the GM to come up with more/better material.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Here's what my schedule normally is:

Monday - Friday
Usually available any time after 5:30pm EST. Can stay up however late, although the earlier we get started and finish the better because of work (unless on a Friday).

Saturday
Usually unavailable

Sunday
Usually available, although this day is a bit iffy.

Long story short: weekdays after 5:30pm EST are good. However late doesn't matter.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Since I'm at the start of changing careers, I can say for a fact that my whole day is malleable enough for me to find the time to game while I do my studies the rest of the time.

This might change, but not for at least a few months.

Last edited by Essoje on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor derping)
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Still waiting to hear from Kolson, Sethos, and Gwydo but it sounds like Monday and possibly Tuesday afternoon/evenings is going to be good. I still need to purchase a functional mic to start D&Ding (or recording videos OR streaming) but I think I'm going to pencil in that range barring any major issues.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:07 am

Yes, Mondays and Tuesdays still work best for me. My time is malleable on those days so just post a start time and I'll do my best to be there, barring dinner eating.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:47 am

Tuesday's works best for me, i have one class in the morning then after that i'm free all day. although I may want to use that time to do homework and the like. We'll see how it goes.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:48 pm

So my work schedule leaves me available after 5pm EST until midnight EST Monday through Friday. I may be tired, since my wife's alarm goes off at 4am EST and I can never get back to sleep after she gets up (which is fine because MY alarm goes off at 6am EST anyway.)

Should we pool some money together for a new mic for you?
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:01 am

I'm free most of Monday, Tuesday I'm free from 2PM EST onward, barring any work that is piled on me and social events that occur. I'm pretty malleable with the times though so I can go with consesus.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:23 am

From what I have seen, I would really prefer that we start in the afternoon since my schedule is rather limited all week. Still, I won't cry like a baby if we start around 6:00 PM EST.

Pichipa! *disappears behind a wall of butterflies*

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:42 am

Your exits have been very magical lately, Zeiss. Razz
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 am

I'm not surprised. I've heard Zeiss is hanging around with Jim Darkmagic lately.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:08 pm

Of the New Hamp-Shire Darkmagics?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Pretty sure that's the guy.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:14 pm

Tickets to his shows are impossible to get.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:38 am

So, just for anyone who has not gotten word otherwise yet, the most likely starting point for us to fire up the campaign again is Monday afternoon/evening on the 16th. Hoping to see you all there.

Oh and barring any difficulties I was thinking we would continue using Ventrilo, though I'm open to discussion on the matter.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:28 pm

Ventrilo, Moday afternoon on the 16th.

Shhhhhh *flies away to watch Farscape : The Peacekeepers Wars*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 pm

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to try using Voxox or C3 before finally deciding which one to stay with. Ventrilo is a pain in the back for me to use, so I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't even know what Voxox or C3 is but I am curious what issues yer having with Ventrilo, out of technical curiosity.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 pm

There's also Xfire if you're looking for alternatives.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Oh, I just have an illogical aversion to Ventrilo.

But I consider the lack of a on/off toggle instead of just PTT or voice activation is a valid, logical reason.

And yeah, Xfire sounds like it could work, I guess. Unless it's just a reskinned Ventrilo.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:41 pm

i'll have to get this "ventrilo" if i want to participate then :p Just so everyone is aware, Japan is treating me rather well Very Happy

Also, what is the server name that you are using for ventrilo?
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:35 pm

You can set up a button to toggle the mic mute if you want something like that.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:41 pm

I admittedly rather like using Ventrilo but here's my one, concrete reason why: We (that is to say, I) already have a server up and functional with admin access to, paid for and done so to speak.  So any alternative would have to be free in order to be worthwhile to me.

...so uhm, I did a brief amount of looking but not that much, are C3 or XFire or Voxox free? Oh and addendum question: If free, are they a hassle to setup (also known as 'free')
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next