Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V

Go down

V          Empty V

Post by Archengeia Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:40 pm

The Elf smoothed his shirt down.  "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous."

"Don't be," came his attendant's calm Dwarven voice.  "You were selected because of your skill and track record, not that I need to remind you."  The Dwarf spoke in a calm, grandfatherly voice, placing a hand on the sitting Elf's shoulder.  "You'll do fine son, you always do."

"I know I will."  A sigh.  "I suppose the protection is mandatory?"

"No," came a slightly sarcastic reply, "they'll allow you to go on the most important mission in recent history completely unguarded specifically because we desperately want you to fail."

"Alright alright," the Elf groused, fingering the collar on his suit.  "I just can't stand being around mercenary types.  They have no idea how to handle diplomacy and ruin negotiations.  Might as well send a few Adventurers instead."

The Dwarf shrugged a bit.  "It isn't like the old days.  The world's changing, friend.  Partially because of you, I might add."

"Hopefully for the better," the Elf muttered, taking another steadying breath.  He rose, taking the letter he'd prepared earlier and handing it to one of the nearby servants.  "To my daughter, if you would please."  The Elf also hands him a few silver as a tip.   As the servant left and his attendant took his station he straightened, putting on his professional mask, and opened the door.  "My Lady Lightmane," he began, bowing low.  "I am ready to proceed."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum