Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insert Subject Here

+4
Zeiss
K
Essoje
Archengeia
8 posters

Go down

Insert Subject Here Empty Insert Subject Here

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 am

I'll be brief; I'm thinking about restarting the campaign sometime in the coming months in a vastly more limited and specific format.  I'm curious whom might be interested.  Requirements; mic, webcam, willingness to appear on the show, and a reason why you want to continue your character arc.  Disclaimer; this new campaign will have a vastly reduced party size, by design, which means not everyone can or will be accepted.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Insert Subject Here Empty Re: Insert Subject Here

Post by Essoje Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Sure, I'd like to play in the campaign again, in whatever form that might take. And my reason for continuing my character arc is simple: I just want to have fun with the GM and the party. Well, I guess it means it doesn't even have to be Javan which means that's not really an answer, but I'd rather be sincere here.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:37 pm

I have to show my face?

My character's arc is how he deals with the plot's arc, plus the effect the events have on his home and the few friends he has back home. My reason to go on with it is seeing it through. Not the most poetic thing, but i've always worked better when it's straightforward. As for my own reason, it's the same as Javan's.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:57 pm

"K's face. A secret safely guarded for over a millennium, about to be uncovered! The next Indiana Jones movie! Soon at your nearest theater!"

As for the possibility to have the campaign restarted, I would love to be part of it. I do have a mic and a webcam and I do not mind mind showing my face or let other people hear my horrible accent. As for why I want to continue my character's arc, 1) because it's fun, 2) because I want to see Zeiss do something heroic and 3) because I want to kill the villains. 

But if your plans change Arch, or if I'm simply not chosen to play, I won't cry bloody murder. See you!

*flies away in a tornado of butterflies*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:06 am

PM sent.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:03 am

Well I HAD a big long post about resolving the desolation thing and fighting Gaerlon but I lost it when I accidentally accepted the restart after Windows installed some updates...
So in brief, I'd love to continue playing Gwydo.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 pm

I'm having difficulty typing this out right now because of how shocked I am.

The fact that this requires the sudden exclusion of players invested in the campaign is a stunning blow. Suddenly we must review our own characters and scramble for a reason why their "arcs" are noteworthy enough to be considered. Out of the ten-to-fourteen players who started out, several have opted out either by being unresponsive or inactive for months to a year, and then there were six devoted players left, with heavy emphasis on devoted.

Doubt shadows the integrity of the goal in mind from the start of this campaign when a planned reformat includes culling the characters of one or two players for reasons that elude them.

My vested interest in my character and the campaign I walk him through demands my protest. Beyond playing my character, organizing my plans for his build, thinking about how he acts, plans for the future, beyond everything I have done or thought concerning my character, why should I give him the time of day now when it means that, Out of Character, I may never play him again?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:29 am

I think we'd all have an easier time with this if we had some idea of the criteria for acceptance here.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

The criteria were already outlined really.  Webcam, mic, willingness to appear on the show.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Well, not to speak for anyone else, but i think Rory took it - as i did, that even most of us who satisfy that criteria will still not get accepted, for the sake of vastly reducing the party size, as per the disclaimer at the end of your post.

I don't mind putting up the money for a webcam in order to continue, so long as i do continue. I'm sure you understand.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm still debating if I want to do this at all, so please don't go fling money out.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm opting out of this. While I'm willing to be on the show I don't own a web cam and the sounds of traffic and such would make for poor audio on the show. I mean, it's one thing when its just a private game and a bunch of friends hanging around for an evening but production value is something I care about and I think you do to.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 28, 2014 6:06 am

Not to say that I'm changing my mind or that this is a response to the inquiry, but I decided this was the best place to put a retrospect on my character as he was when I made him and as it concerns his arc and the setting in general.

When I originally made Rory, I wanted to make me. Haha, I didn't make me at all. What I wanted was to fulfill a romanticized view of a tough guy who was capable of great feats of brutality in combat unarmed. I placed him around my age and tried to come up with a compromise between me as a person and Rory the romanticized brute in my head. In truth, I hadn't realized just how young I had made him with the age as a number, let alone the way I played him in roleplay.

Looking back on it now, in my attempt to make a mature, grim loner, I made an immature whiner harboring insecurities behind a facade, with an inner capacity for bloodlust fit for the axe-crazy. I'm never going to get back to the previous with what I have on the first session, but in order to make him less of a nuisance and a problem child, I'll have to drop the air maturity I wanted for him and make "real" maturity(not just the look or behavior) something to strive for, while exercising restraint in roleplay and bloodlust.

Unfortunately, this means I've wasted a few levels trying to build on unarmed combat, but maybe those will come in handy on a few occasions(I think I'll always be better with an axe anyway). More importantly, I hope you will all be able to cope with the profound lack of terrorized secretaries and drunken stupors in the future. I'm still aiming at criticals as a priority, but with less arm-ripping or head-smashing hands-wise, so pretty much the same combat as before.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:49 pm

I wanted to respond earlier to your post Rory, but I was searching for the right way to say it. Hence the delayed response.

In any case, as a person who has been introduced to D&D with the Dereth campaign like yourself, I understand the difficulties of roleplaying. Having no previous experience to tabletop games, I just went with the flow of the adventure without any tips on how to behave with the rest of the players. Playing Third's and Kolson's campaigns really gave me a clearer perspective on how to handle the party's interactions. From what I know today and if we had to started to campaign all over again, I would make a few changes in Zeiss' personality. Minor things which don't affect the enjoyment of the game too much but can be annoying when you add them all up. It doesn't mean that Zeiss wouldn't blackmail the party to get to Janwall to save Sareth though. He would just do it differently. As for your character Rory, while there were a few annoying moments (like when he didn't want to act more cautiously for the party's upcoming visit to Aphus Lassel), you weren't the only one in this situation.

Other players caused some irritation that I prefer to forget since ultimately, it's not much of a big deal in real life. And I know I caused some irritation myself, so hey, I have no right to complain. To keep this short, what I should say is that we all make some mistakes. At the very least, we allow ourselves to learn from them.

I have only one advice : if the campaign ever restarts, please take the damn Cleave feat. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down