Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+14
Permeus (tabran)
Gwydo
Archengeia
Chatterbox
Sethos
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
K
Zeiss
Kolson
Araiguna
Caladrius
Essoje
Admin
18 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 5 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Admin Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am

The member 'Vorodill' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D6' : 4, 3, 1, 1
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't think any of you realize how tempting it is for me to have dara shout "oraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraoraora!" whenever it attacks

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Especially once I can equip it with a platinum crossbow

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

So, as i understand it, to determine HP, you roll your class's die (d8 for monk) and add your constitution modifier, right?
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

The member 'K_' has done the following action : Forum Dice Roller

'D8' : 8
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://archengeiadnd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Nice that you got maximum HP from the roll, but you always get the maximum HP at first level, to avoid being one-hit killed. From second level and up, you roll it. Unless Archengeia changes something
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatterbox Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Few quick things.

1: What kind of elves are there in this setting?

2: Are there Vampires allowed?

3: Does certain disabilities a player character might have (Example; Blindness) have any sort of stat/ skill bonuses/ detriments in regards to that character as a result of it?

Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:25 pm

So, checking d20, Monk gets +2 to all saves at lv1, plus an added +4 INT modifier (it says x4 at the end, not sure what that's about)?

so...

Code:
STR  17
DEX  18
CON  15
INT  15
WIS  16
CHA  14

HP  10 (8 + 2)
AC  16 (10 + 6)

Acrobatics............................. +4 (DEX)
Appraise................................ +2 (INT)
Athletics................................ +3 (STR)
Awareness............................. +3 (WIS)
Concentration......................... +2 (CON)
Diplomacy.............................. +2 (CHA)
Deception.............................. +2 (CHA)
Deftness................................ +4 (DEX)
Disable Device......................... +2 (INT)
Disguise................................. +2 (CHA)
Find Traps.............................. +4 (DEX)
Forgery.................................. +2 (INT)
Gather Information................... +2 (CHA)
Handle Animal.......................... +4 (DEX)
Heal....................................... +3 (WIS)
Intimidate............................... +2 (CHA)
Knowledge Arcana.................... +2 (INT)
Knowledge Creatures................ +2 (INT)
Knowledge Elements................. +2 (INT)
Knowledge Engineering.............. +2 (INT)
Knowledge Politics.................... +2 (INT)
Knowledge Psionics................... +2 (INT)
Perform.................................. +2 (CHA)
Profession............................... +3 (WIS)
Spellcraft................................ +6 (INT)
Stealth................................... +4 (DEX)
Survival.................................. +3 (WIS)
Use Magic Device..................... +2 (CHA)
Weaving................................. +6 (INT)

Fortitude..........4 (2 + 2)
Reflex..............6 (4 + 2)
Willpower.........5 (3 + 2)

Intuit..............4
Initiative..........4
Base Attack Bonus....0

I'm guessing intuit is based on WIS or INT. All i could gather about AC is that humans normally get 10, plus applicable modifiers, of which i only seem to get DEX, so 16. The +4 INT to everything seems a bit too good to be true, but the thing's written there. Like, do all those fields in the character sheet need to be filled out at the start?

Last edited by K_ on Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Nono. For skill POINTS you get 4 + INT * 4 at first level. so you get 24 skill points to distribute between skills. You don't get +4 INT to everything Razz
AC should be 17. Base AC is 10, you get 4 from your dex, and as a Monk, you get an extra 3 from your wisdom modifier.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:44 pm

Essoje wrote:Nice that you got maximum HP from the roll, but you always get the maximum HP at first level, to avoid being one-hit killed. From second level and up, you roll it. Unless Archengeia changes something

Archengeia wrote:For HP, you always get hit dice maxed, no rolling for HP. Again a rule I've used (since 2nd edition)

Chatterbox wrote:3: Does certain disabilities a player character might have (Example; Blindness) have any sort of stat/ skill bonuses/ detriments in regards to that character as a result of it?

Can't speak for the first two since that's more setting based, but those are actually listed conditions and have effects if you have them. e.g. blinded means: "The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them."

K_ wrote:So, checking d20, Monk gets +2 to all saves at lv1, plus an added +4 INT modifier (it says x4 at the end, not sure what that's about)?
I'm guessing intuit is based on WIS or INT. All i could gather about AC is that humans normally get 10, plus applicable modifiers, of which i only seem to get DEX, so 16. The +4 INT to everything seems a bit too good to be true, but the thing's written there. Like, do all those fields in the character sheet need to be filled out at the start?
Intuit is your highest stat modifier. Include your armor bonus in your AC (none I guess since you're a monk) and your wisdom + (1/per 5 class levels). The (4 + Int modifier) ×4 is for your skill points at first level, not your saving throws.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:Nono. For skill POINTS you get 4 + INT * 4 at first level. so you get 24 skill points to distribute between skills. You don't get +4 INT to everything Razz
AC should be 17. Base AC is 10, you get 4 from your dex, and as a Monk, you get an extra 3 from your wisdom modifier.

Thanks, but wouldn't that be 16 points to distribute, then? Or am i missing some other rule?

Intuit is your highest stat modifier. Include your armor bonus in your AC (none I guess since you're a monk) and your wisdom + (1/per 5 class levels). The (4 + Int modifier) ×4 is for your skill points at first level, not your saving throws.

Maybe i've got it wrong, but doesn't the wisdom modifier apply only from lv5 up? Sorry for the question barrage, but i didn't want to miss the tutorial dungeon.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:06 pm

K_ wrote:Thanks, but wouldn't that be 16 points to distribute, then? Or am i missing some other rule?
It's (4 + INT modifier) x 4 at first level, which means that you add your INT modifier before you multiply it. You've got an INT mod of +2, so it'll be (6) x 4 or 24 points at first level.
K_ wrote:
Maybe i've got it wrong, but doesn't the wisdom modifier apply only from lv5 up? Sorry for the question barrage, but i didn't want to miss the tutorial dungeon.
Nope, as read, the wisdom bonus starts immediately. It's the static +AC that starts at level 5.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatterbox Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 pm

Whis Kor wrote:
Essoje wrote:Nice that you got maximum HP from the roll, but you always get the maximum HP at first level, to avoid being one-hit killed. From second level and up, you roll it. Unless Archengeia changes something

Archengeia wrote:For HP, you always get hit dice maxed, no rolling for HP. Again a rule I've used (since 2nd edition)

Chatterbox wrote:3: Does certain disabilities a player character might have (Example; Blindness) have any sort of stat/ skill bonuses/ detriments in regards to that character as a result of it?

Can't speak for the first two since that's more setting based, but those are actually listed conditions and have effects if you have them. e.g. blinded means: "The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks. All checks and activities that rely on vision (such as reading and Spot checks) automatically fail. All opponents are considered to have total concealment (50% miss chance) to the blinded character. Characters who remain blinded for a long time grow accustomed to these drawbacks and can overcome some of them."

K_ wrote:So, checking d20, Monk gets +2 to all saves at lv1, plus an added +4 INT modifier (it says x4 at the end, not sure what that's about)?

Okay, what the blindness have any benefits? I'd imagine there would be some sort of advantage in regards to said character's hearing, touch smell ect.

Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

Chatterbox wrote:
Okay, what the blindness have any benefits? I'd imagine there would be some sort of advantage in regards to said character's hearing, touch smell ect.
Nope. Now, some GMs will use a flaw/trait system, but in vanilla, blindness is a bad thing.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Actually I give PCs max HP at each level not just starting. Unless there's a majority preferring rolls afterwards, in which case I'm flexible. Starting HP is always max though (I really hate first-session PC deaths, what can I say).

Chatterbox wrote:Few quick things.
3: Does certain disabilities a player character might have (Example; Blindness) have any sort of stat/ skill bonuses/ detriments in regards to that character as a result of it?
1: There are Lord Elves, and regular Elves, and that's it. Details found in the Derethian reference found here: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bz-lEDSl7cA2UzFMdUJnd0lDOE0/edit?usp=sharing
2: As of now no vampires exist within this setting. I would have to hear a very strong case to include one, but I am not 100% opposed.
3: This has already been answered by a few other people but yeah basically blindness is a bad thing. As you level up I might be willing to give you a situational bonus to Awareness (for checks not involving looking, obviously).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatterbox Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Actually I give PCs max HP at each level not just starting. Unless there's a majority preferring rolls afterwards, in which case I'm flexible. Starting HP is always max though (I really hate first-session PC deaths, what can I say).

Chatterbox wrote:Few quick things.
1: There are Lord Elves, and regular Elves, and that's it. Details found in the Derethian reference found here: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bz-lEDSl7cA2UzFMdUJnd0lDOE0/edit?usp=sharing
2: As of now no vampires exist within this setting. I would have to hear a very strong case to include one, but I am not 100% opposed.
3: This has already been answered by a few other people but yeah basically blindness is a bad thing. As you level up I might be willing to give you a situational bonus to Awareness (for checks not involving looking, obviously).

What's the difference between Lord Elves and Regular Elves and OMG i just saw ur Avatar xD

Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Chatterbox wrote:What's the difference between Lord Elves and Regular Elves and OMG i just saw ur Avatar xD

I assume you mean in terms of stats, not in terms of lore. In that case, an elf gains 1 additional feat at character creation, 4 additional skill points, and 1 additional skill point every level. A Lord Elf gains +1 INT, 5+Level SR, +4 Will Save, and Low-Light Vision.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatterbox Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Chatterbox wrote:What's the difference between Lord Elves and Regular Elves and OMG i just saw ur Avatar xD

I assume you mean in terms of stats, not in terms of lore. In that case, an elf gains 1 additional feat at character creation, 4 additional skill points, and 1 additional skill point every level. A Lord Elf gains +1 INT, 5+Level SR, +4 Will Save, and Low-Light Vision.

Do they differ in appearance? (Also, i apologize if my comment about your avatar offended you in any way.)

Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm

[quote="Chatterbox"]
Archengeia wrote:Do they differ in appearance? (Also, i apologize if my comment about your avatar offended you in any way.)
They differ very much so. Ivan is actually sketching up some species sketches to get a visual going as we speak but for now; an elf looks like any given elf. A Lord Elf is taller, has longer ears, and their skin has a glassy / reflective quality to it and is always very dark (like obsidian, slate, deep blue, dark violet, dark red... etc.).
And no you didn't offend me, that avatar picture actually is me back when I first dyed my hair. In other words, that's not photoshopped, it really was that blue.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chatterbox Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

[quote="Archengeia"]
Chatterbox wrote:
Archengeia wrote:Do they differ in appearance? (Also, i apologize if my comment about your avatar offended you in any way.)
They differ very much so. Ivan is actually sketching up some species sketches to get a visual going as we speak but for now; an elf looks like any given elf. A Lord Elf is taller, has longer ears, and their skin has a glassy / reflective quality to it and is always very dark (like obsidian, slate, deep blue, dark violet, dark red... etc.).
And no you didn't offend me, that avatar picture actually is me back when I first dyed my hair. In other words, that's not photoshopped, it really was that blue.

Not to imply that you look like anyone in particular in that image buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i look at it and this immediately pops in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69YakPKHMvs&list=FLrrR7onACbucscBhpIGMvZQ&index=99

Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Probably a dumb question, but are Materia slots the equivalent of Feat slots?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Materia are basically magic stones that you slot into your soul.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:23 pm

K_ wrote:Probably a dumb question, but are Materia slots the equivalent of Feat slots?
Essoje wrote:Materia are basically magic stones that you slot into your soul.
What Essoje said. By the way you start off with 1 Materia slot, which is a slight change from the original rules based on live playtesting.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Well yeah, but they have an ingame function. That's what i'm asking about, since the character sheet doesn't have a feat table, but the materia table is right there, and given Archengeia's description of the materia system, that's what i'm inclined to think.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 pm

That's because Archengeia's live group use post-it notes for feats and other stuff
You could copy and use this character sheet, which is slightly more digital-friendly
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next