Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 9th

+2
Kolson
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

March 9th      - Page 2 Empty Re: March 9th

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:28 am

Kolson nods in agreement at Javan's observations about intentions and unintended consequences, "No it's fine and an unfortunate truth. But Father was convinced he had found a way to do it and borrowed an obscene amount of cash against what remained of the company to put together an expedition. I wasn't there to see him off, I was still in school learning how to be a Red Mage at the time, but my sister wrote me about it.

He had bought an old Aluvian trade skipper, the kind you don't see anymore since they introduced the bigger schooners. He always was a bit of a romantic, idealizing the legend instead of the reality. It took them months to get it sea worthy. The day he left was the last time any of us saw him."

The elf removes his signature red hat so he can gauge how warm it is before putting it back on. "Would you like my old hat Javan? It evens out the temperature so you are always comfortable."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:59 am

"For real?! That would be nice for a ch--- No wait. Does that effect still works if I wear it on top of my helmet? 'Cuz my mind just jumped back to two instances where I avoided a instant death because I kinda... 'forgot' my helm on when doing normal stuff and that stopped an arrow aimed at me AND a lost rock. The rock was this...", the fairy tried to show with his hands the size of the rock, about half a fist. Then, after checking for Kolson's facial reaction to it, promptly tripled the size shown and said satisfied, "... yeah, this big!"

"So yeah... about your old man... I'm sure he's stuck into some secret elemental island of chocolate or something, making some crazy trade contracts with the natives that would make aluvian traders go 'What?! That's not how it works!', but they do because there's a complex trick behind each of them. Well, that's how I'm going to remember him anyway, I hope you don't mind. It only seems fitting, after all, for a man that lived for the legend to become one."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:01 am

"I won't stop you. That sounds much better than the alternative. Besides, who knows? Maybe he did make it. Just because something is improbable doesn't mean it can't happen, right?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

"Exactly! I'm glad you get me, Kolson. I mean, we've already done things that common sense dictates as 'impossibility'. So it would make uncommon sense you got some of that ability to scream 'Screw you' at common sense's face from your old man, and that's one of the reasons why me and Zeiss are alive and kicking and not dead back on the Nation-that-forgot-to-take-off-the-stick-out-of-their-behinds."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:06 am

"Oh, I never thought of it that way before." Kolson's cheeks burn in embarrassment at the compliment but he seems pleased at the comparison to his dad.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2