Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Discussion

+4
K
Zeiss
Archengeia
Essoje
8 posters

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

OOC Discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Gwydo Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:22 am

The Death and Return of Superman is something that has bothered me for Years. That was a good overview of that debacle.
I'll have to watch some more of his stuff. Thanks!
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:22 pm

Of course! Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:46 am

Another year, another round of Ennies. For those that don't remember, the Ennie awards are the Oscars of tabletop RPGs. Here are the highlights.

-Wizards did well this year, their adventure "Curse of Strahd," about the iconic D&D vampire Strahd von Zarovich took gold for best adventure and best art/cover as well as silver for product of the year. The "Sword Coast Adventure's Guide" and the adventure "Out of the Abyss" both took home Judge's spotlight awards.

-Green Ronin took home a pair of golds for the "Dragon Age Core Rulebook;" one for interior art and one for best game. I consider this a bit of an upset since I thought "Feng Shui 2" would take best game. Oh well.

-That said, "Feng Shui 2" did take home the gold for best rules and best setting as well as silver for best game. Not bad. Not bad at all.

-And to absolutely no one's surprise Paizo takes home the Fan's Choice for best publisher.

Here's a link to the full list for people's viewing pleasure.

http://www.ennie-awards.com/blog/congratulations-to-our-2016-award-winners/

Every category contains hyperlinks to their respective websites. User experience and usability varies massively so don't say I didn't warn you.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:56 pm

I'm glad WotC did well with those. I had the pleasure of running both of those and they're pretty good stuff.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:27 pm

That's excellent. I've also been impressed with the quality of adventures lately. Contracting out this part of their business was one of the smartest things they did this edition.

And now for something completely different.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:12 am

Heh, that was good. "Where were those on Hoth!? We might have actually won that battle!" "Oh my god it's Hayden! WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS TO ME!"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 am

K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Lol, good one K.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 am

K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:43 am

Zeiss, Kolson, what's your opinion on Shadowrun: Hong Kong? I've always wanted to buy it.

As an aside, one thing that breaks immersion for me in Shadowrun is that NPCs' character models rarely match the way their portraits are drawn. Okay, sometimes they kinda do, but not really.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:59 am

Sorry, I still haven't played that game. However, I'm pretty sure Kolson has played it; he's a fan of the series.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm

Hong Kong is an interesting game. It delves deeply into Chinese folk lore and does a good job of making the space feel different than Seattle or Berlin. I also liked the new characters and soundtrack quite a bit. YMMV of course. Money isn't as plentiful this time around so choose wisely when purchasing equipment and stuff for your character. I ultimately didn't like it as much as Dragon Fall but I don't regret my purchase or spending time with this one.

I also agree with the pics not matching the avatars. It is annoying and I wish I could do something about it. Perhaps that's something they'll improve in future titles.

And now for something completely different.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:48 pm

"Beyond the facts", that's hilarious.

By the way, are you aware of...
http://collider.com/sherlock-holmes-3-filming-sequels-joel-silver/

They're saying that they're for fired up to make a third film! And that it might be shot this fall if we're lucky, getting it to theaters in the next year or two? Please yes.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:15 am

I was not aware of that. I hope it's true. I thought the first two were fun and I liked the way they showed Holmes' brain at work. It's almost as good as Sherlock and I enjoy them just as much as the old Basil Rathbone movies.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Good Sherlock Holmes content is one of the greatest things humanity ever made. The Onion comes close too. I like my classics, you see.

Oh, and the newest Star Trek movie is finally coming out next week on the theaters. I successfully avoided all kinds of spoilers, trailers and so on, so at least I'm going to watch it in a blank state, unlike the last two movies. Crossing fingers for some good stuff.

Edit: And because The Onion, might as well post a classic too.

Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:55 am

Lol. Classic Onion.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:39 pm

You know, when I was growing up there were certain movies I ended up watching over and over again. The original Star Wars trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy, Big Trouble in Little China to name a few. But outside of those tales, I often found myself returning to the works of Gene Wilder. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Young Frankenstein, The Producers, Blazing Saddles--all wonderful, all classics, all made before I was even born. My parents made sure my brother and I watched them and I, in turn, made sure my younger sister watched them. To say they are a cultural touch stone in my house is an understatement. It's nights long past, shared with people I don't get to see too often these days. It was laughing and sharing and all that wonderful, important stuff, the stuff that stays with you long after the minutiae of day to day life has faded away.

So what does this have to do with anything? Gene Wilder passed away late Sunday at the age of 83 due to complications from Alzheimer's disease. Thank you so much Mr. Wilder. I may not of known you personally but I loved you nonetheless.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Well said Kolson. Agreed. A talented man with a huge heart. The world is lessened by his departure.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:14 pm

Never saw the first two. Maybe I should go check them out. Y'know, I was half-expecting him to say he shot the kid. And who hasn't watched the first Wonka movie? I'm going to make sure my nieces see it.

**He said, as if he was in any position to decide what his siblings' kids get to watch.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Lol. If it weren't for my mom's friends and a few older relatives there is no way I would have watched even half of the old stuff I've seen.

I think you'd really like Blazing Saddles Rory. Not only is it an awesome parody of the Western, it's totally politically incorrect. Even Mel Brooks has said it would be impossible to make today and he barely got it made back in the 70's.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 am

So I've been slaving myself at work for a week while I wait for my motherboard to come back, I mean might as well since this laptop can't take any games I'd rather be playing right now. Enter the weekend and I come across Thunderbolt Fantasy for a second time and finally decided to watch it after skipping it in favor of other stuff.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have skipped it. Taiwanese-Japanese puppet anime-like-but-not-really-but-still show with actual story and Wuxia action scenes that somehow work thanks to Studio PILI, written by Gen Urobuchi, who wrote (and directed) some of my favorite stuff ever like Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, as well as some good mecha stuff.

It might be hype talking right now, but it's refreshing as heck and well worth a look at. It is not perfect tho, and I couldn't see anyone enjoying it unless they can get past the puppetry first. Also expect to forget names, SPECIALLY if you know either japanese or chinese, because the subs use chinese pronunciation of names, objects and places while the voice actors use the japanese pronunciation (mah poor brain). Other than that, I only have nitpicks.

I dunno if the first episode alone will make it justice, but here it is. You can watch the rest on Crunchyroll.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:40 pm

It does look good, but I can't get over their stiff doll faces. Just reminds you that these are just dolls.

So I dunno how long this has been news, but they're making another Pirates of the Carribean, announced for 2017, called Dead Men Tell No Tales. Jack Sparrow is trying to obtain the Trident of Poseidon. Apparently (along with Calypso), the Greek gods exist. I'll be super interested in how this has to do with dead men not being able to tell tales, but I'm sure they'll tie it in somehow. Anyway, more Jack Sparrow. That's really the only reason I watch these movies.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:55 pm

How is your computer repair process going anyways Javan?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:28 pm

@Rory Same. He's the best part of those movies, especially after the first one when they moved heaven and earth to try to convince us that Will and Elizabeth are main characters instead of just Jack's sidekicks. Seriously, what the hell 2 and 3?

@Javan I tried to watch it but puppets freak me out. I still haven't been able to watch "Team America: World Police" because of that, despite loving the rest of Mat Stone's and Trey Parker's work.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:16 pm

You know, i have my usual expressionless face as i'm writing this, because that's just me.

Inside, i'm screaming like a little fangirl bitch.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39  Next