Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Primus Q&A

3 posters

Go down

The Primus Q&A Empty The Primus Q&A

Post by Archengeia Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:40 am

Ask anything, answers will be in-character lore-wise.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

The Primus Q&A Empty Re: The Primus Q&A

Post by Essoje Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:15 pm

Alright, let's get this started:

1. We know the party are among the highest leveled people around the civilized areas. It stands to reason we are not the first, won't be the last and some of them are well known. So, who they are and what are they doing?

2. The Order. One of the most influential organizations of the setting and I, the player, do not know much about them. In fact, Javan wasn't among the party members that got crossed by the Order (the military wing I guess?) because I remember being away for a month right after fighting the golem, but I expect him to be knowledgeable on them. I'd like some generic information about the Order, what it is, what it wants, how it's divided, how it's led, etc.

3. I'm also expecting trouble for Javan from the same Order in the future, so I'd like to at least attempt to get into their grace before the first shots are exchanged. So I need their views on "wild elementals" and "free elementals", if there's a distinction between them, how they are seen by the different circles(?) of the order, if there's information about past alliances with elementals at all, and so on. I also want to use my Knowledge Elements to compare Javan's hands-on knowledge and the Order's views, checking for discrepancies.

4. We know nothing about the Vyeotians, and we will probably know nothing about them for a while. That said, Javan still has the Vyeotian spear given to him by Ashakel. Supposedly it's still functional, so I want a second opinion about it, even pay someone to Scan it in hopes to get new information, maybe something we can make use of.

5. What have the other 'famous' organizations have been doing since the war started? You know, ATS, Dragonkin Sworn, Praxis Industrial, etc.

6. The other nations besides Aluvia. I had forgotten they even existed for a while! How have the other nations been faring during the war? What are their stakes in the war and beyond it? Also, I'd like some information on how Arwic and the Zefir are dealing with all the stuff going on right now.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:21 pm

1. We know the party are among the highest leveled people around the civilized areas. It stands to reason we are not the first, won't be the last and some of them are well known. So, who they are and what are they doing?
I will only name a few.
High Queen Alysa of Highspring. Mentioned earlier, no one's 100% sure of her current activities though.
Radnaal of Highspring. Well known Dragoon from the older days. Currently fighting at Danby's Arena.
Fairn of Feathermoon, current leader of Country Rider and retired adventurer.
Gaeria of Warsong, leader of the Dragonkin Sworn.
Lawke of Lightmane, leader of the Blue Sentinels.
Alonzo of Firebeard, leader of the Bloodied Flock.

2. The Order. One of the most influential organizations of the setting and I, the player, do not know much about them. In fact, Javan wasn't among the party members that got crossed by the Order (the military wing I guess?) because I remember being away for a month right after fighting the golem, but I expect him to be knowledgeable on them. I'd like some generic information about the Order, what it is, what it wants, how it's divided, how it's led, etc.
Founded by a child, the Pinnacle of Light, sometime around Year 0. There are three Wings to the Order. The First Wing is entirely devoted towards the Elements; the advancement of knowledge about the Elements themselves, further understanding of the elemental nature of the world and magic, study of the Ley Lines, looking into Green Mages, et cetera. The Second Wing is all about support and aid where it's needed; a sort of Red Cross organization. The Second Wing actually takes most of the monetary funds donated regularly to the Order to then use them to help and aid those in need. The Second Wing is pretty busy right now. The Third Wing is the 'military' wing, and also the smallest by a gargantuan margin, having only about 1072 active members. The Third Wing is there for when other powers call upon the Order to resolve a situation that involves force or violence. The Order also actively works on constructing Golems semi regularly under the purview of the First Wing, some of which they use themselves, most of which are sold to maintain the Order's coffers. The First and Second Wing don't have linear hierarchies, but rather positions with overlapping responsibilities and no clear chain of command. A few ranks in the Order include:
Kilkitris: A regional coordinator.
Phaerix: Someone in charge of managing the function of all Order operations in and around a given Temple.
Thunixi: An Elemental expert who's entire job revolves around coordinating and working with Green Mages, both in and out of the Order.
Kivix: Someone who helps facilitate trade in a given area they're assigned to.
Hezhit: Effectively a 'manager' who is given a job on a contract basis to manage.
Ibrexi: Most of the times when someone encounters an Order member they're talking to an Ibrexi. These people are there to help out individuals... this can be counseling, advice, moral support, that sort of thing. It's their job to be a friend for those in need, and they are staffed excursively by volunteers.

3. I'm also expecting trouble for Javan from the same Order in the future, so I'd like to at least attempt to get into their grace before the first shots are exchanged. So I need their views on "wild elementals" and "free elementals", if there's a distinction between them, how they are seen by the different circles(?) of the order, if there's information about past alliances with elementals at all, and so on. I also want to use my Knowledge Elements to compare Javan's hands-on knowledge and the Order's views, checking for discrepancies.
Wild Elementals are rare and dangerous. The Third Wing often is dispatched to extinguish them as soon as possible. Free Elementals are just as rare but entirely benign. No one entirely understands why some are one and some are the other, though the Order investigates regularly. "Alliances" with elementals aren't uncommon per say, just elementals themselves are so rare that it becomes uncommon by proxy. Javan's own experiences coincide with this.

4. We know nothing about the Vyeotians, and we will probably know nothing about them for a while. That said, Javan still has the Vyeotian spear given to him by Ashakel. Supposedly it's still functional, so I want a second opinion about it, even pay someone to Scan it in hopes to get new information, maybe something we can make use of.
This is not a lore question. You also learn nothing that I haven't already mentioned.

5. What have the other 'famous' organizations have been doing since the war started? You know, ATS, Dragonkin Sworn, Praxis Industrial, etc.
Country Rider has been having trouble functioning with the sudden loss of the Hub, as the vast majority of their routes utilized the Hub on a daily basis. Given how large and widespread Country Rider has become, mail and communication in general has plummeted.
Xelios Drive Yards: Surprisingly quiet, so no one's entirely sure what's going on.
PTC: The Provincial Trading Company has been doing an incredible amount of business, shipping tons upon tons of goods towards the war front. Through the spy network, the Exchange is aware that a lot of this is part of the 'cultural assimilation' plan Aluvia is using on the occupied Naverre territories. The PTC is all on board with this idea.
ATS: The Archon Transport Systems seems to be doing quite well at the moment but otherwise is just business as usual.
Dragonkin Sworn: Haven't been seen in Aluvia in months.
IGA: Very busy out on the war front defending the PTC efforts.
Blue Sentinels: Known to be bought out entirely by Naverre for their side of the war effort.
Bloodied Flock: There's been some... stirrings with the Flock. This situation isn't fully resolved yet but in short the Flock is considering going back to illegal assassinations since the governments who had ratified them don't function as a cohesive unit anymore. This hasn't happened yet though so long as the Dericost Accords remain in effect, war or no.

6. The other nations besides Aluvia. I had forgotten they even existed for a while! How have the other nations been faring during the war? What are their stakes in the war and beyond it? Also, I'd like some information on how Arwic and the Zefir are dealing with all the stuff going on right now.
The irony is my answer to this is; good question. In character, Javan has no idea, since news going in or out of Aluvia is virtually non existent right now. As for the Zefirs, they haven't been seen in a couple of months, though Arwic has (thanks to the spy network under the Exchange) apparently been being courted by several of the political powers in Aluvia since the Nation itself isn't really unified anymore.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:46 pm

I do have one question: how are the party members perceived in-lore by the general population and the important NPCs? I supposed you could add the Exchange to the list.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:08 pm

The vast majority of the world is unaware of the specific party member's existence, with a few noteworthy exceptions. The Exchange is spoken of around Holtburg and the surrounding Province but not much elsewhere.

Zeiss is personally perceived as an ally of the upper class of merchant types.
Rory is perceived by several of the refugees as a dangerous but helpful individual.
Javan is perceived as an abomination and will be kidnapped soon. Er, I mean...
Kolson is not really perceived at all.
Higaide is not perceived at all.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content