Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 14 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by K Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:35 pm

"Yeah, if he ends up tricking you into popping out of hiding right in front of the Oracle, i'm not helping you, just so you know."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:36 pm

She shushes him with a wave of the hand.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:49 pm

Konrad can't help laughing at how someone like Breeze is being very grown-up about this and...legal. Her knowledge of some common terms in criminal justice systems is equally surprising. It's actually kinda cute.

It's Konrad's turn to take offense. "You really think I'm the type to betray an innocent, free-spirited person like Breeze? I'm...wow, I'm hurt," he says, as he shakes Breeze's hand with his pinkie. "Deal. All I want is the truth, kiddo. The whole truth, and nothing but."

Does she look like a kid? Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if her mental age was somewhere between 20-30.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:54 pm

very contrite and apologetic - "Aaaah, my mistake! So sorry."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Breeze has the appearance of a female human in her late teens.

She puts her right hand where her heart should be, and declares solemnly, "I, Breeze the fairy, swears on my life and the honor of those I care about that I haven't stolen any of the baker's beautiful cupcakes. Of this, I am certain."

OOC for everyone:

She nods triumphantly, points at Konrad with her finger, and announces with a grin on her face, "There, I told you the truth, Scarface! Now, all the cupcakes in your possession are MINE!"

She has a victorious laugh. Then suddenly, she returns to her usual demeanor, and says innocently, "Oh yeah, how many do you have exactly? I gotta plan my next week accordingly."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Wow, these things really are too good. He simply answers, "Enough."

"You must know who has been taking cupcakes, then," he says, reaching into the sack to grab one for her. "You must have some clue, don't you?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Breeze's grin gets even bigger.

"My terms were clear, and you agreed to them; I only have to tell you whether or not I have stolen the baker's cupcakes, which I haven't."

She takes the cupcake from Konrad, and starts to eat it.

"Can we go now?", asks an exasperated Fedler.

"Sh'ure, 'e can go," responds the fairy, her mouth full. She then flies back into Fedler's cloak, munching on her reward. "Oh man, I'm sure glad I read all those mysteries books."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:00 pm

"Thank you..." - says a gruff voice, almost like a growl, coming from a very slouched Mihai's direction.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:04 pm

The cursed wolf.

Saemon takes your party to a location a little out of town, which he and Konrad have picked for the purposes of the upcoming battle. The yellow mage and the hunter will defer to Konrad to choose their initial position, while Breeze will finish eating her newly acquired cupcake.

You are near the treeline, on a land which appears to have been used for farming at one point, but there's nothing else but tall grass now. An old broken fence made of wood stands between you and the forest.

You can make preparations if you wish to. If there's to be fighting, your party can go into any order that you like. So the first to post is the first to go. Wait to see if it's the wolf's turn though. I'll make it clear on the grid.

Fedler and Saemon will be under my control.

Fedler will also explain that there is no need for Konrad to cut his own hand. The wolf is probably already smelling all of you.

Here's the grid: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ltc5ObVRvCYw4m8Sb9KTJCDUbvEX0pzuXI1l5WzX71c/edit?pli=1#gid=0
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:44 pm

OOC:

Steve takes up position and readies an action to attack after two of his own allies have done so.

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:55 pm

We need to be able to rearrange our formation to be the exact same as what is shown, facing whatever direction the wolf happens to be coming from(towards Mihai, who should be nearest to it).

Breeze should hide in Fedler's cloak. If it can smell me, perhaps she should get back under that cloak where it can't be smelled.

Konrad suggests Mihai and Konrad each stand in two of the gaps in the fence, and that Saemon positions himself safely 7 meters equidistant from them, prioritizing proximity to Mihai, who would have more protection from the wolf after Shell is cast.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:59 pm

Hiding under Fedler's cloak probably wouldn't help, says Fedler. On these words, Breeze just starts to fly into the air.

"I'm fine here!" she shouts, waving at you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:06 pm

The battle is now over. Breeze has healed everyone back to full health, while Fedler took care of Steve's major injury.

"I guess we have good news to share with the rest of the village," says Fedler with a smile.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:58 pm

ooc:

During the fight, the creature had fallen, but arisen once more - a floating corpse being puppeteered by a fire "element" or spell housed in the brain, which they destroyed by attacking directly. They owe their victimless victory, and their ability to carry on without the need for medical attention, to Breeze the fairy.

As they suppose what the creature really was, an idea strikes Konrad. He posits, from information on when the oracle and the wolf showed up(oracle on the eve of the 26th, and the wolf on the morning of the 28th, the day before they showed up and defeated it), that the oracle and her guards, and the supposed thugs who stayed at the inn(one of which was a green mage, as Konrad detected trace amounts of aspect magical energy in the room their leader stayed in), were the very same.

Because he sensed the magical nature of the fire element they had fought, and it bore resemblence to that of an aspect - whose, he could not say, as whoever it was was not someone he'd known well enough to recognize their "aura".

And now, fetching another cupcake, he considers the fairy. Perhaps she could shed some light on the situation.

Zeiss wrote:"I guess we have good news to share with the rest of the village," says Fedler with a smile.

"I suppose we could walk back,"  Konrad chimes, clearly not so enthusiastic as Fedler is to hurry on back to Waterglass. "We're all tired, we should get some rest and take a step back to look at where we're at."

"Breeze, can I ask you a few questions about your master?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:05 am

Breeze proclaims with defiance, "No one is my master! But if you're speaking about the mean lady, sure, I can talk behind her back."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:48 am

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:"I guess we have good news to share with the rest of the village," says Fedler with a smile.

"Thank you Fedler. You have a light touch." Steve blushes a little and looks away.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:56 am

After healing Steve's broken leg, she stands up and ruffles his hair, still smiling. "Good thing we had you guys here with us."

She appears relieved that all of this is over.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:18 am

He stands up as well. "Yes, I don't think we'd be here anymore if it weren't for everyone working together." As that sinks in, he sobers. "I need a drink."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:29 am

"Me too," concurs Saemon. "The other mages at the Citadel will scarcely believe it. Oh man." He takes a few seconds to rest.

The hunter observes Konrad and Breeze, and says, "I am interested in listening to these answers, but there's something I have to do. Tell me about it later."

She starts walking off towards the village, which is approximately 1 kilometer east. Before she leaves, she turns back towards the fairy and adds with a slight smile, "Thank you Breeze."

The little creature happily waves back at her. Saemon approaches Konrad and tells him, "While I find it hardly appropriate to talk of such matters besides a wolf's carcass, I want to hear what Breeze has to say about her origins. Unless we talk about it on the way back?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:47 am

"Yes, let's go for a walk, the body will attract scavengers. When I spoke with the oracle, I gathered she was researching something, and my guess is that it has something to do with aspects. I want to know if and how her research had anything to do with aspects, the elements...or you, Breeze. In that order."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:54 am

Mihai also wants to know about her, so he'll tag along.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:49 am

Breeze tilts her head. "Research? I don't know anything about any research. She just found me and put me in her library. I could't leave!"

Fedler notices that you're all going back to the village, so she slows down to let you catch up and to listen to the conversation.

"Good thing those people decided to break in," continues the fairy. "I loved reading all those books, but it started to get old after a few weeks. She never visited me! So I followed those thieves when I had the chance, but they were also mean. They put me in a cage! Can you believe it!? So when we got here, I left. One of thieves left the cage open for me, then I found Yen playing in the forest."

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:30 am

"Wait, the thief left it open on purpose?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:07 pm

"Good for him. Breeze, I have to say, I find your lack of curiosity underwhelming. So where did she find you? Was it in a land where everyone speaks like this: le renard agile saute par dessus le chien paresseux? Were there others like you? Quickly, as an aside, do you have a name for what you are, or do you mind if we continue calling you what we have?"

ooc:

Konrad is just killing time until we reach the town, whereupon he will insist that we find someplace to convene just between himself, Steve, and Mihai.

On the way to town, he will go over the plan for Fedler and her people to help us. In which direction is the abandoned fort if we start from Waterglass? How far? She and the chief should meet with their people and get whomever they can to meet us a fair distance from the abandoned fort so as to avoid being spotted. We'll all meet up there tomorrow afternoon.

At Waterglass, Konrad will get his change for 10 gold, which he ran off without.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:26 pm

"One of them," replies Breeze to Mihai's question, while floating alongside your group. "I don't know which one though."

She turns to Konrad, then answers him with a smile, "Oui. Les gens parlent lofellien d'où je viens." She fluently switches back to Imperial. "I also have lots of brothers and sisters over there! We all woke up one day in the forest, and we didn't how we got there. Maybe we were born from a magical tree?"

Stars appear in her eyes, as she lets her imagination get the better of her.

"Me and a few others decided to explore the world. It's so big!" She makes a large gesture with her arms. "But people always think I'm strange. Yen told me I was a fairy, and the books I read said the same thing. So that's what I must be, right?"

The name seems to make her proud.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next