Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC discussion

4 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

OOC discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OOC discussion

Post by Rory Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:32 am

She dead. If I didn't burn her, I'd have looted her finery if it wasn't ripped or stained red. We just sorta walked away without looking for valuables, didn't we? Or we did look and found nothing? That scout I sent will probably retrieve whatever she had on her that didn't burn.

A new day rises. Hope my room is clean by the time we're done drinking and talking about my life.

When Blackcliff said the contract was void after our report, I assume that means he doesn't care what happens to the thieves, so they may go.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:38 am

The corpse had nothing on it (i asked), and it's buried in a ditch now.

As for the thieves, there's nothing to assume. Blackcliff explicitly said they're free to go.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:11 pm

K wrote:"That's not here or now." - he answers Konrad before Velstar has to.
I hope that's just you roleplaying, otherwise please don't do that. I have these cupcakes and I want to give two to Yen. I'd prefer to keep it a surprise for her until she arrives at the Citadel, and knowing who will be staying with her until she gets there would help, and Fedler is not leaving her side ever. I'd like to avoid having to tediously time transferring them to Fedler while Yen is asleep, so I'm getting my answer thank you.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Don't do what?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:51 pm

I may be reading too much into it, but both your posts seem to have a layer of passive-aggressiveness to it. If that's not the case, all the better, but if it is, please refrain from it. We're only talking about one in-game question here.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:01 pm

I'm not being passive, I'm directly asking that you please don't block my question. This might be the last time we even see her again.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Whether the question is answered or not is not up to Mihai, but Velstar.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:10 pm

look how nice i am, Rory. Post deleted.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Well, that's the end of it then.

*goes back to hunting butterflies*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:03 pm

I'm sorry, but it came off rude in character, and it could only drive the wedge separating Mihai and Konrad further between them because of how harmless and in fact necessary it was in actuality for me to ask my question at this time. I didn't want to cause more gear-grinding between players through an in-character response.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:12 pm

That's okay Rory, no harm done.

I'll answer later when I have more time.

*flies away*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:04 am

Before we continue in the campaign, I just want to get some second opinions on my negotiated wager at the dice game.

Hypothetically, you're with three other people playing some dice, and this one guy comes up and wants to join. He doesn't look like a bad dude, he seems okay, but it's getting late, but he's sporting some charred getup and it makes him look kinda bummy.

You'll let him, but you'll make him pay for time with you per round of a game of dice. He makes a counter offer: he pays a good chunk up front, and everyone else each pays a fifth of that - gotta be some risk in losing after all, to keep people from ganging up on him. You all play for keeps.

There's more. If he wins, he gets your clothes - you swap. Also, his money back. If he loses, he says he will eat his own shirt.

So what is up with this guy? Does he want new clothes? Why is he risking this much money for a game of chance to get your clothes? Why can't he just wait until tomorrow? Does he want to play dice that badly? Is the money on offer enough for you to agree to gamble? Tell me your thoughts.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:27 am

I think you'll want to check just what eating your own shirt will do to you in this setting, before anything else. Leather is edible if you fry it first, but that's about it.

Btw, is Eralda even cold yet?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:57 am

It was just what came to mind, but I'd like to have a moment to change my mind about my consequences for loss because it's not really his style.

"I'll eat my own shirt." It's a feat, but it's kinda gross, who really wants to stick around for that? Personally in their shoes, I'd prefer the gold, so if you guys have something better...I'd love to hear it. I'm taking suggestions.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:28 am

So basically I'm not good at this. I would like to say, "if I win I get to take your friend out to a diner" and let them decide an appropriate loss penalty...all of my money?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:28 am

It's your money. Personally, i wouldn't bet that kind of resource on a lay - you'd probably get to bang all night long at a brothel for 5 gold, or something.

Also, keep in mind we're leaving in little over half an hour, as of current RP.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:02 pm

I'm going to hold replying to Rory since he wrote in his last post that it's going through revisions. Tell me when you want me to reply.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanks. I uh, I got my hands on Quantum Break today, so that's what I've been doing. And now I need a nap, so...we'll figure this out tomorrow.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:02 am

Rory wrote:Before we continue in the campaign, I just want to get some second opinions on my negotiated wager at the dice game.

Hypothetically, you're with three other people playing some dice, and this one guy comes up and wants to join. He doesn't look like a bad dude, he seems okay, but it's getting late, but he's sporting some charred getup and it makes him look kinda bummy.

You'll let him, but you'll make him pay for time with you per round of a game of dice. He makes a counter offer: he pays a good chunk up front, and everyone else each pays a fifth of that - gotta be some risk in losing after all, to keep people from ganging up on him. You all play for keeps.

There's more. If he wins, he gets your clothes - you swap. Also, his money back. If he loses, he says he will eat his own shirt.

So what is up with this guy? Does he want new clothes? Why is he risking this much money for a game of chance to get your clothes? Why can't he just wait until tomorrow? Does he want to play dice that badly? Is the money on offer enough for you to agree to gamble? Tell me your thoughts.

I don't know, unless the amount was really high I'd probably tell him to get lost. Charred clothes and a large sum of money up front sounds suspicious to me. Also, while we'll definitely back you up if we are around, I just want to mention that if things go sideways you are heavily outnumbered right now. Not a good place to be.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:50 am

Eralda's dead. She was a sweet girl, and Konrad was sort of close to her, but what they had wasn't serious.

While a cheap turn with someone at a cathouse would be direct and easy, Konrad is more about the method. I guess I mean he's more about the chase, but that's a crude way to explain it, and also doesn't quite do it justice. Charming the person he's with is just as important to him as the intimacy. If he went to a brothel(do they have one here??), he would find a special someone and try to get free time out of them, talk them into seeing him during their off hours/days. At the inn right now, he's taking a risk to upsetting people and losing a lot of money and a couple things he owns in an effort to charm one woman over a game of dice or later on a date.

I was thinking about what to exchange earlier, and I just totally hit inspiration. My hope is that I am allowed the opportunity to propose their gain: my sword for the guy I'm talking to. I've got some material for that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:38 am

Again, my two points - you're putting your money on the line for the first piece of skirt you found, and we're leaving in half an hour. If you factored in those two, by all means have fun. I don't really have much else to remark on the matter, either for or against.

Changing the subject, Kolson.

Isn't that the poem the Aspect killed four villagers to keep secret? I mean sure, the place Yen is going to is a lot better guarded than the Village of Waterglass, but isn't that a little dangerous for her?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:30 am

I know what I'm doing, dude. I got this.

I think Yen will be fine on the road until she reaches Citadel. I think she will be double fine at Citadel. I figure Velstar's a powerful mage, she'd have to be in order to be a warden in the first place. She was also Steve's teacher, he's a cursed mage. She's also old and been at this for a long time. They will probably be going with some guards and whatnot, but assuming an elemental didn't sneak up on her, she could probably nuke it in maybe...two or three rounds at the most!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:48 pm

I'm not worried about it. Frankly, I'm going to spread it far and wide because fuck their secrets. I refuse to be afraid because bad people want to be bad and don't want good people to know it. It's fair to assume I'll be performing it everywhere we are staying from here on out. I'll do it in the street for free if I have to.

@Zeiss How do people copy a thing quickly and in great numbers Zeiss? Do they have printing presses yet?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:54 pm

They do have printing presses, yes. A surprisingly high number of people in the Archipelago are also literate, since the mages of the Empire used to teach rudimentary arithmetic, reading and writing to their citizens; the tradition was kept by the five nations, and expanded upon in the following years of the peace treaty.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:33 am

Well, you get good days, bad days, good-and-bad rolls.

Printing press, huh? A sighn that the Archipelago is in the nascency stage of the age of industry. Approximately. I never studied.

And "nascency" has been flagged by the site's spellchecker. But "spellchecker" with any numbers interspersed within the word is okay. Dear forum host: spellchecker, dictionary, is it really that hard?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next