Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 7th

4 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

May 7th         - Page 3 Empty Re: May 7th

Post by Rory Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Oh...crapbaskets. "Wait, you heard about that?" He knows the answer even as it comes out of his mouth. Of course he did, you idiot. "Look, that had nothing to do with this, I..." Dammit. "I lost my cool. I couldn't focus on just this, and I lashed out like a thug."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Sethos just stares at Rory, and wants to know if that's his excuse, his reasoning. That he lost his temper, and that's it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:37 pm

Javan does not participate on the drama. He is otherwise following them.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:42 pm

Dammit, I really screwed this up. Come on, Sethos, just trust me. "What...do you want me to say? He said something racist, and we got in a spat, then everything I've been through, me and Higs and Kolson in the last few weeks just boiled over, and I didn't pull my punches. I just didn't think about it. I would have been more shocked if I wasn't so damn angry. That's why. Call it whatever you want, I just know it was dumb."

"What came after didn't help either, but I had to try**, given where we ended up. Look, whatever comes back on me for this won't make me give up, Sethos. If you're gonna to tell me I blew my chances and should just turn around, forget it. Hell, I don't have the option now, even if I did want it."

[My talk with Higaide in the barn over that event was basically stonewalling and shifting the blame, but it was all on the outside(except for the anger). I didn't make rolls because it was PC-PC interaction.]

** - What Rory means here, but isn't saying, (Sense Motive) is that he was trying to regain control of the situation and get something for the trouble he caused. Not that they didn't need to bail, they most certainly had to get out of there before anyone showed up.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Against his best judgement, Javan opens his mouth. "By the elements, Rory, you DO sound like someone crying out for help! You messed up and you are still talking like you are on the right somehow. You did almost kill one of the people you wanted to 'saved' because you couldn't control yourself, according to you. Own it up and show that you are not going to do it again, instead of insisting that shit is done and screw that, you got better things to do."

Letting out an exasperated sigh, then turns to Sethos, "But it's also a fact that secrecy is not doing wonders to either party right now. Higs and Rory has been worrying about the fate of their race, as in for real. I seriously believe the only reason why the humans got send here in the first place at all was because of Higs and Rory seriously pushing for keeping them alive and well back in Holtburg... which does bring Rory's actions of late into question. I need to get him to a yellow mage after this... So Sethos, here's the thing: the humans should be here. They are not. Because of that, those two won't relent until they do confirm the fate of their human friends. So let's follow logic: the faster they get to see with their own eyes that the humans are safe and sound, the faster at least one of them will stop raging about it. And if you think that's not enough, go ahead Sethos, what do you think should be done right now?"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Sethos stares at the Elemental pretending to be Javan for a solid minute in silence, clearly thinking. "Well, if they care so much about the fate of Humans, I suppose they wouldn't mind going to wherever the Humans went to be judged by them for their crimes, would they?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:43 pm

"That's up to them at this point, but it's clearly a step forward for us all right now. And I didn't even had to use the 'I saved half your soul from a golden statue so you owe me one' card, which is a plus."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:53 pm

Sethos blinks, utterly shocked, at the Elemental thing that looks like Javan. "How would you know about that?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Javan blinks, utterly shocked, at Sethos, "Uh... what? Because I... was there. You know? Stopped that Golden Gaerlan thing from killing ya dead? Oh... I see what's going on... oh man... Really? Screw you Sethos, you were doubting us all from being who we said we were?"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:57 pm

At hearing the word their, Higaide gets just a little unhinged, and walks toward Sethos with a rare kind of purpose in his stride and a rather nasty glare in his eyes. His voice is mechanical when he speaks, as if his emotion circuit had been shut off from his vocal cords, except for a slight undercurrent of anger underneath.

"I told you what happened already. You choose to call me a liar and take your hearsay over my word that i did all i could to stop him. That's your prerogative, but don't insult me further by implying i'm afraid of facing anyone or that i've got something to hide. We were always going to where they took the humans, and we are going there. The only question is, will you help us find the person responsible or will you not. Because if not, we're wasting our time here."

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:05 pm

Sethos seems to be considering, but right about now is when the door to the house Sethos was leading you to bursts open and several armored Sclavi trundle out of it, weapons drawn, and move to surround the party, shouting about 'protecting the Burun!'. A few move to get in between Higaide and Sethos.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:13 pm

Higaide just gets annoyed, and just looks at them like they're all stupid. - "So what now, you're gonna kill me for talking to him?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Essoje wrote:Against his best judgement, Javan opens his mouth. "By the elements, Rory, you DO sound like someone crying out for help! You messed up and you are still talking like you are on the right somehow. You did almost kill one of the people you wanted to 'saved' because you couldn't control yourself, according to you. Own it up and show that you are not going to do it again, instead of insisting that shit is done and screw that, you got better things to do."
Rory gets a pernicious look in his eye, and turns it on Javan. "I am showing it. I showed it back there, and I am showing it now like you can't even believe."

Archengeia wrote:"Well, if they care so much about the fate of Humans, I suppose they wouldn't mind going to wherever the Humans went to be judged by them for their crimes, would they?"
Javan wrote:"That's up to them at this point, but it's clearly a step forward for us all right now. And I didn't even had to use the 'I saved half your soul from a golden statue so you owe me one' card, which is a plus."
Ah, turn around and be judged by the Sho, famous for their capital punishment. Wait, Republic, or Empire? I forget. "If you intend on marching us around, Sethos...you're free to try. Cuz no can do right now. I'm sure you understand."

Archengeia wrote:Sethos seems to be considering, but right about now is when the door to the house Sethos was leading you to bursts open and several armored Sclavi trundle out of it, weapons drawn, and move to surround the party, shouting about 'protecting the Burun!'. A few move to get in between Higaide and Sethos.
Interesting development. Rory shoots Sethos an accusatory look, and waits right where he is. Let's see what they want, what they're gonna do.

[Current AC: Flatfoot + Uncanny Dodge.]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:20 pm

Javan stays still, but his face looks tense, and anyone that knows him could probably wonder how hard of a facepalm he's holding back just so the 'guards' won't take it as an aggressive action.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:47 pm

The guards make no movements to attack anyone, but don't lower their Steel weapons either. There's a moment of tension, and Sethos looks like he's going to speak up, but he's cut off by a loud noise from behind him.

From within the house, a rather large humanoid figure walks through. At first glance the party assumes it's a short Lugian, like Gwydo, in heavy armor. A closer examination shows that a few things are off in his posture and the absence of a face or head. The armor itself has the occasional gemstone studded in it, along with what look like tattoos of gold and silver lining it. None present have encountered something like this before. It also has a solid red stripe along one of its shoulders. "It is as we told you, Alterationist," comes a slow, surprisingly quiet voice from the creature. "They are imposters at best, fully mind controlled by the Scions at worst."

"But, Javan, he--"

The creature talks smoothly over Sethos. "Fear not, you will not have to worry over them. We shall take them to the Humans they so desperately seek. They will be properly taken care of there."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Sense Motive, Cha
Is this thing intentionally deceiving Sethos, or does it really believe we are what it says we are?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Roll:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:02 pm

Higaide looks at the creature for a second, bewildered. Then does the math and can't help but start laughing. A muffled laughter, to be sure, since he still doesn't want to provoke the guards, but a laughter nonetheless.

"So, Sethos... looks like you've been holding out on us, too. Tell me, are you being mind-controlled, or is this thing just whispering sweet crap into your ear? Or maybe you picked up one of those mind-warping black rocks, like the ones that fell off when the Centaur exploded, or maybe you've got some secret desolate kid lying around, like the mayor did?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Rory:

Javan:

Sethos is not given a chance to react to Higaide, as the thing stomps smoothly forward, shoving Sethos gently back. "Surrender, now, and no harm will befall the Humans, this I can promise."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:40 pm

"Do not threaten them! They've done nothing to you!" Rory's on the verge of madness. He shouts at Sethos, "Why, man!? How could you!?"

The sword hasn't come out, but Rory is ready for a fight.

Diplomacy vs Sethos + Headless

There is no need to hurt my pals, Headless! I am considering complying.

Last edited by Rory on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:50 pm

"I get it. You are used to being able to bullshit anyone you want with that silver tongue of... yours... erm... I don't buy it.", Javan starts to talk, and then catches himself unconsciously going after headless puns and then turns to Sethos. "So Sethos, this is the guy that took the humans. He is ready to capture us at a moment's notice with charges he probably doesn't even believe in, not to mention he doesn't even care about what you think. We tried to talk with ya from the start and get to a friendly resolution. Does this look like a 'friendly resolution' to you?! Also, I think he's going to touch me in places I didn't know even existed! Halp!"

Roll:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Sethos appears thoughtful, but again before he can say anything the thing speaks up. "Of course we are the ones who 'took' the Humans, we're the ones with the capacity necessary to move several million people. Do you have such means?" A pause. "Now, to contrast our open and honest communication in having done no wrong, one of these Humans has permanently disfigured one of their own kind, and the other did nothing to prevent it! And that," it points at Javan, "is not even a convincing facsimile of a Fairy. Pathetic. Regardless of these trespasses, the original offer stands. No harm to the two Humans in exchange for surrender. We, after all, know how to be benevolent."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:17 pm

"I...I'm sorry! Alright!?" Well, now Rory is not ready for a fight. "I would do anything to save my people. I need to see them. I need to know that they're alright."

Rory's "anything" seems imply the inclusion of reckless violence, which is kinda sad and also dangerous.

Diplomacy again, if I can.

I'm not the enemy, headless...thing. And I'll come.

No Rory! It's a trap!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 pm

Higaide isn't angry at headless thing for accusing him again, like he would be at Sethos. Now that this is clear cut, he can think with a cool head.

"My, aren't you silver tongued distorter, Headless. Yes, i was unable to stop Rory from exploding out of the blue. I did stop him from harming his friend, and gave him all the money i could spare to get the man to a hospital. I'd have done it myself, but guards were coming. All you have there, is that Rory is a stupid hothead, and i'm not almighty.

All of which proves none of your claims. If anything, if we did have an evil plan or were being mind controlled by the Scions, we would never fumble around trying to get information on an open market and get ourselves into trouble by getting into a fight with the locals. Heck, in all likelyhood, we'd be behaving a lot more like you, trying to stop Sethos from thinking for himself and leading him on every step of the way.
"

He then addresses Sethos.

"Sethos. I have literally never lied to you. Ever. You know that."

Rory:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down