Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 7th Combat With Headless + Sho Forces

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

May 7th Combat With Headless + Sho Forces - Page 2 Empty Re: May 7th Combat With Headless + Sho Forces

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 am

Rory smashes down on the arm as hard as he can with his sword, denting the metal, and with a mighty crit, Rory literally disarms the giant, the hand gripping him loosening as he falls to the ground, taking 6 damage from the plummet. Sparks and a thick, viscous violet liquid pour out of the stump of the giant's arm, lightning shooting out from it in all directions.

It is Higaide's turn.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

May 7th Combat With Headless + Sho Forces - Page 2 Empty Re: May 7th Combat With Headless + Sho Forces

Post by K Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:50 am

ooc:

Higaide targets the very same spot on the "ribs", hoping he can finish smashing whatever made that clanging sound. He grips the arm and kicks with both legs (can Flurry of Blows be used in this situation?) onto the damaged section. Expend Charge (Ammo:36).
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:15 pm

The creature was of a size that it could easily grab Rory and Higaide each in one hand. That should be sufficient indicator of size.

After careful thought the GM has decided Flurry of Blows can be used in this situation, but given the situation will be at a pretty significant penalty to hit, and so will wait in confirmation.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:21 pm

Makes sense, as Higaide's "footing" is literally his enemy's body. I'll go with the single hit, then. Doesn't feel wise to risk a wasted turn at this point.

Single Hit, Expend charge (Ammo:36)

Also, if possible, for whatever it's worth, and with whatever action i may have after the attack action, Higaide will have his hands support his whole weight, which will bear down at the very tip of Headless' gauntlet (maybe with the move action i can't otherwise use?). The thing is missing an arm and lifting an adult Human with the other. No matter how strong it is, it'll most likely feel the imbalance, and hopefully i can exploit that and try to hinder it further.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Higaide manages one, solid slam into the creature's chest, which erupts in a bright flash of Air energy. This causes it to stumble back into the nearby building, causing much of the wall to cave in in response. Higaide is rather suddenly abandoned, plummeting to the ground and taking 4 damage from the fall.

Higaide feels... different after the experience. More energetic, more alive than he's felt previously, like adrenaline is just pumping through his veins continuously.

Anyone present can see that the giant individual is simply gone.

The Sclavi, quickly realizing the situation, turn and bolt full tilt north, fleeing the scene.

Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Higaide gets back up to his feet, puzzled as to his sudden burst of vitality, but going with his best guess that will have had something to do with all the Air energy that just blasted through him. He checks himself, then the big pile of rubble made by the creature. He thinks for a second, then turns to his comrades, Sethos, and whoever else might be around, pointing at where the creature fell.

"Now, you're all witnesses that it interrupted me. I think it's pretty clear it lost the argument."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Oof!

"YOU DEAL WITH ME FIRST!" Rory shouts, challenging the enemy when the visible ones are very clearly fleeing, ready to charge the first person possessing an intent to harm Javan. Is the fight over?

Heaving as his Rage powers down, and Rory greets the sight of a torn down wall, a lugian arm lying in a pool of a strange purple goop, and the owner of said arm gone - not dead and gone, just gone. Sparks fly from the arm as though from flint constantly striking steel somewhere within the arm. How is that possible? Someone should look at that, see what that's all about.

He doesn't turn away from the mess he caused(so he thinks) as he addresses the others. "This could have gone better, and it's all my fault. I'm sorry, Sethos."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 pm

Sethos hasn't been moving almost the entire fight, transfixed by what was going before him, clearly lost for words. He is, presently, moved by his healer's instinct towards Javan, casting Cure 6 Maximized on him (36 healing to Javan). He still seems to be in a bit of a stupor, but is visibly taken aback by Rory's proclamation. For a moment he remains silent. "I've been hearing reports. Not just of you three, but of the other gang as well. Civil war, dead that walk, assassinations, all sorts of stories. I wasn't sure what to make of all of it. Then our, ah, friend arrives, just a week or two ago." Sethos' eyes turn towards the hand, still present. The ichor that's been draining from it is now glowing. "He lays it all out in a way that makes sense. That you were imposters or had flipped sides, and there are so many groups out there that would want powerful adventurers like you on their side. I didn't believe it until the incident in town just recently, though." At this he pauses again, and tosses another Cure 6 on Javan (25 healing). "I still don't know what the hell is going on. I was just trying to help people; Humans, Sho, didn't matter whom."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 pm

"Sense has become somewhat of a luxury item lately. Last time we were here, we got manipulated into playing the patsy for some... nasty business. Half the time, we call it a win to just pull out of the fire."

He approaches Sethos. His tone becomes sharper and clearer.

"But right now it's bigger than that. I'm not leaving my people in the hands of whatever sent that thing. I'm sorry about the man at the market, and if there was any more i could have done for him, i would, but the one thing i have to thank Headless for over there, is that now i know how dwelling on your failings can destroy you and everything you're trying to do. Too many people are depending on us getting our act together."

He pauses a second, for emphasis.

"Whatever you know about what's going on here, we need to know."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:16 pm

Javan finally raises to his feet, shaking his head a few time as the whole ordeal was quite a ride to him in more ways than one. That said, he was paying attention for some reason, "Thanks for the 'wake me up', Sethos. By the way, I'm sure you all have questions, heck I know I do. But the metal giant was shouting about reinforcements that should be here, so we might want to leave for now... ... oh, by the winds, I don't think I can run right now..."

The fairy sighs as he attempts to take two step forward, the fatigue from the encounter weighting on his body.

Actions:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:46 am

Rory finally turns around and looks at the rest, barely hanging onto his strength. as he does. "Actually, I'm a little burned out..." he sighs. "Think I might be ready to pass out."

[Rory has Fatigued status.]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:53 am

If the Protect the Burun squad was any indication, i'd have doubts about the morale of any party that comes here and finds their master reduced to an arm. That being said, not much reason to tarry either, unless you want to take that thing as a souvenir. - he points to the arm as he makes that last remark.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:36 am

Sethos looks like he's waiting for the party's actions to decide what he's going to do, but he admits to Higaide that he knows precious little that he hasn't already told him. If there's some grand conspiracy, which he's still not entirely convinced of since this entire situation has the makings of a huge misunderstanding, he knows nothing about it. The only additional information he hadn't told you before was that in about a day's time another airship will be by to take care of and pick up any straggler Humans who either didn't get on the first round or hadn't managed to make it here yet.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:57 am

"No, there was a lack of understanding but it was all one-sided. Headless boy over there did believe in what it was doing, but not for any reason it actually shared. If it had, i have a feeling no one would have gotten on those airships. They're either storing us in boxes us for own good, enslaving us for our own good, heck, maybe even really putting us to work for our own good, but whatever it is, it's not voluntary. The worst kind of master is the one who steps on you for all the happy reasons - you can be sure he'll never tire of it."

Breath.

"Was Headless sent here by the owner of this place? Those guards gave up on you pretty quickly once it went down."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:43 am

Javan slowly continues the actions of his last post that the GM might have missed.

"We are awesome but still mortal, Higs. There's something called 'strength in numbers', which is one of the reasons why the three of us have been sticking together. Since the 5 guards ran away, I'm pretty sure they'll be back with 3 to 10 times the numbers."

Javan lets out a big yawn, "Not to mention I left the Scarves back in town..."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Higaide looks to the North, squinting.

"I... maybe i'm thinking too much, but those guys were so steadfast when they were protecting the Burun. Can't believe how fast they broke ranks and forsook their charge. They didn't even try to take Sethos with them or mount some kind of actual retreat - they just fled. Not very Sho-like, as i understand it."

Arch:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:34 pm

"Months ago, I would be freaked out just like those guys did if an... aberration of the elements suddenly started to do awesome elemental sheit that he himself doesn't quite get it yet after just have been brought to his knees, followed by a raging human cutting off their leader's arm, then another human destroying said leader's metal chest area with his bare hands and feet...", Javan reminds Higaide.

"Each one of us have gained a lot of personal power in four months that most people in the world couldn't reach in a lifetime. From their point of view, they are running away from the monsters, Higs.", Javan continues, his tone showing how troubled he is by that.

Last edited by Essoje on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:51 pm

He keeps looking in the direction they ran away.

"Yeah, maybe." - he concedes.

[OOC - There's already a wall of dialogue since the last time i asked Sethos anything, but after this one, i'd last to ask him something else.] - "Do you know what's up north?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:14 pm

The GM notices Javan's actions. Javan checks Higaide through the new Elemental Affinity roll, and notices Higaide is... wrong. If Javan didn't know any better he'd think he was looking at a Fairy. Minus the wings, of course. Javan also manages to pocket either some of the violet viscous material, some of the metal, or both, but time is a factor here. In fact the GM is amazed the party is still just standing around talking.

In response to the comment about the headless coming here from Higaide, Sethos admits that it was waiting here anyways for any stragglers of Humans to get them on the last airship he just mentioned. He had arranged for some of his Sho mercenaries, the Sclavi in question, to assist in detaining the group and Sethos was going to lead the party into the trap. Sethos had agreed to this on the condition that he investigate the party for himself first, to determine if he believed the headless' claims or not.

Those squinting to the north can start to see dust clouds.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 pm

"Well, Javan, you're right. We're outta here. Sethos if you could point them in the direction we didn't go, that'd be great. If you don't still believe in Headless man over us, that is."

Higaide will carry Javan if need be, since i somehow have the feeling he's smaller than Rory.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:42 pm

They, of course, went north. And are coming from the north.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:52 pm

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm

[Yep, leaving now.]

As they turn tail from what is possibly every man that could be spared for reinforcements, or a low-flying airship, Rory gets this crazy look in his eyes, and he can't help but wonder how close one can get to an airship before the crew take notice. Then again, it's likely that their metal lugian leader is coming back on that ship.

"We'll need every one of Javan's White Scarves for what we're going to do next."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:57 pm

Javan took a bit of the viscous substance in a hurry with the empty flash he had laying around on his backpack for ages, as the metal may be more mundane after Higaide and Rory's display of badass on it. Also, Javan is tall, probably the tallest of the three due to being a fairy. And the one packing the most weight too because of the plate mail and the tower shield.

"Actually... Sethos, you sure you don't want to come with us? I mean, when we attempt to board the ship, not now. At the very least I'm sure you would sleep better at night after knowing for sure if what you were doing is right or not, because after having my world rocked like that just now I wouldn't be able to sleep well. Anyways, I hope you consider it... wait Higs, I"m still... erm... bye!", Javan finishes abruptly by his comrades hurrying up.

Leadership was a thing, dunno if it still is:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum