Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Character Creation - Page 2 Empty Re: Character Creation

Post by Kolson Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:48 am

That's very true. I'll throw something together so you guys have stuff to trade and trade for. I'll see about getting that up for you guys.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:22 pm

We're going we option 2 then.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:16 am

Essoje, I need you to name the merchant company you represent and come up with an NPC that runs the thing. Also, please name your mule if you haven't already.

You guys are based out of the Barony of Therund just to the south of the Nentir Vale. You have an alliance with House Azaer, a smaller trading company operating out of the Vale. They buy products from your company, which they then in turn distribute throughout the region. Recently things are not going well for them and your boss has sent you as his/her representative to troubleshoot the problem(s).

As such you have the following items:

1. Your mule and cart per your background. I'm working on some trading rules but suffice it to say we'll be trading things by the crate or barrel, which we'll always assume takes up 100 lbs of space so we don't have to fine detail it ad nauseam. That means you can have up to 19 items on your cart with your current configuration. Putting aside 1 for miscellaneous supplies and personal effects leaves you with 18 slots to work with. I'll get the trade thing up as soon as I'm done with it and then we'll figure out your current cargo.

2. Speaking of which, I'll give you an amount of virtual money to buy trade goods with. If you don't mind going into debt, you can start with a higher amount. We can figure this out once I make up a credit limit and interest rate.

3. You have a licence to operate wherever House Azaer has trading rights. That's Fallcrest, Winterhaven, and Hammerfast. Their headquarters is in Fallcrest.

4. You have credentials identifying you as part of your trading company, with a reputation in good standing.

5. You have 2 letters of introduction, 1 each to Baron Jon Stockmer, ruler of Harkenwold, and Lord Warden Faren Markelhay, ruler of Fallcrest. They are from the Baron of Therund himself.

6. You'll need to get permission from Baron Stockmer before you can trade your goods in Harkonwold. Whether you shoot for a one-time deal or something more permanent is up to you as this part of the plan is Jojo's idea. If you can help settle the Vale, there is great opportunity for profit here. The keyword being "if."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Algust Goldriver is the head of the Golden River Trading Company (that Jojo is part of), which started gaining steam recently after the fall of an older rival company. A small human of noble blood on his late fifties, Algust is competent at playing both Nobility and Economics, but not very good or interested in love. While a good father for his 2 children (which he's quite aware are not his, because he's not stupid), he spends a considerable amount of money keeping his wife's escapades under wraps, which he actually prefers doing rather than having to deal with her.

Random fact: Neither Algust or his family are founder of the company, and the name of the company and his surname being this close is purely coincidental. Although him entering the company many years ago partially because of its name was totally purpose.

More on Jojo: Joshua has been taken from the streets (sorcerer + wild magic + bad parents = streets) and raised as a communal child by the members of the company, so not only he has invested interest in Golden River as a merchant, but also in seeing it survive and grow because it's "home". Now that he's well into his 30s and has his skills honed, he decided to take Flaming Lips (his trusted mule), a cart and his friends, hoping to help everyone get a little more money in their lives. Finally, this is a trading company, and while he's well known by everyone, he's not treated as special, and had to work his debts off like everyone else. He's still has some debt left to pay, which is one of the many reasons he's on the road with the party.

1. 18-slot cart, gotcha.

2. Hm. Let's get into debt (this is so wrong) for some extra credit and say this specific debt is still an old one being paid.

3,4,5. Noice. I'm going to start keeping notes on this kind of stuff.

6. *poses like a model in front of a camera* Alright, I'm ready! ... kinda! Come, Flaming Lips!
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 am

Okay Essoje, you have a total of 1200 virtual gold (600 + 600 debt) to spend on goods. Anything you don't spend on goods we'll assume went towards your old debts. The interest rate on the 600 gold is 10% per month. Check the trade documents in the House Rules section to make your purchases. To pay back the debt you merely have to arrange transport of goods, cash, or promissory note back to the Barony of Therund.

If you have any questions, please ask here.

Last edited by Kolson on Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo on Therund)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:17 am

I'm taking a quick look right now and going to make some decisions later today.

I'd also like to rearrange some things in my character sheet to reflect the house rules if you don't mind.

Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Sure, fine with me. Just so long as I can find your skills and attributes on the same page somewhere, preferably the first one. Just be sure to leave space for allied organizations.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:31 pm

I'm sorry for the delay, I was having a serious allergic reaction to something in the air yesterday and am still down for longer than I wanted. I'm messing with the numbers and am going to post something soonish. Maybe an hour or two.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:07 am

Jojo will attempt to buy everything from this list before he leaves Thrund. And yes, I am aware that this is before haggling.

Shopping List:

Edit: Yes, it wasn't an hour or two, but I noticed I could make the sheet work for me and then went to make it a reality, watched tutorials, read google docs, got distracted by youtube videos and so on.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Yes, that is the best part of using a spreadsheet.

Adjusted Price after Haggling:

I've also adjusted Therund's market to account for your purchases (and corrected its spelling, sorry for that).
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2