Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Leycite

+5
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
K
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Leycite - Page 2 Empty Re: The Leycite

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am

question is now that we have Ursolan of Skulker standing in front of us do we tell him that we have a gift for the Lady lightmane in exchange for fevers?
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 am

I'm still of the opinion that using it would be best. I know this means a delay as we would either need to raise our cumulative weaving skill and/or find someone of high enough weaving skill whom was willing to assist us. But when you think of it this chunk of leysite is big enough that we could weave an air ship, its also possible we could weave an impenetrable building like the ones on the lassels. It seems a bit of a waste to use the invaluable extremely rare resources that we miraculously stumbled across to strengthen bonds we can easily strengthen simply by keeping our word.
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:04 am

im not actually thinking of strengthening bonds because as you say Z that can be done over time, im thinking giving it to Lady lightmane with the aim of getting the group a chuck of land to use as a home base something along the lines of a ruined fort we can fix up or something like that.

now it is important that it be noted that giving the Laycite to the Lady Lightmane May not be the best idea but we wont know till it happens.

Edit: also worth noting is that we will most likely be able to get a base to work out of but it will take time as we will need to build up rep or do a big faves for someone for them be willing to give us land.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat May 25, 2013 2:34 am

So even if I can guess what the majority of you will say, I'll ask just in case. We never know.

Since we discovered the Skyclaw, the amazing Scion airship that is quickly becoming a curse, I am worried that people try to take it for themselves. Personally, I would destroy it if I could. But even that seems like a bad idea, since it is powered by Leycite and it could be like a nuclear bomb Razz So we should hide it as long as we can. I got an archweaver to create a special "door" to hide the ruins in Marblebush. It will cost 20k gp, and that's a bargain actually.

Now, I have to ask Oghren for the money. And I don't want to hint at him what might be beyond the ruins, but I doubt I can get the gold without doing so. So I thought about selling the Leycite to get enough gold on the side to protect the Skyclaw. Since I personally believe we don't have the influence right now to do so.

So everybody that reads that post, vote yes or no to selling the Leycite. I am just asking your opinion guys and I fully expect a majority of No. But we should be sure.

Off I go! Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat May 25, 2013 2:53 am

Hmm

I'm hesitant to say yes--it is the Leycite, after all. But we'd basically get rid of one to get 9 more, which power a big ship, which might come in handy assuming we can find a way to transport it in some way related to the door--and thus making off with it discretely, revealing it only when we have need of it outside the Aluvian Kingdom or any other grubby nations. Unless the others have any valid ideas or plans with what to do with it(influence, Weaving), it's got my vote.

Btw, would that door be locked or sealed by means impossible for others unless they have a key, a sequence, some manner of locking and unlocking only in possession of/available to us or a select person in charge of keeping it?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat May 25, 2013 4:07 am

selling the Laycite will be a slow (for the safety of the group and the Laycite) it isnt something that we can just do it may even take months to set up the sale.

as for selling it now that we have the airship we are going to need funds to set up teams to research it properly. i dont really think we can get it flying as if im thinking of this right there are only 2 people left alive (that we know of) that can fly the airship and training Fier so that she could fly it would take a long time.

@Rory the Door will be linked to the Soul's of the party so that only the party and thous that the party let in can get though it.

@Zeiss it may be wise to have it so that the Door can be soul linked to others we chose at a later date.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat May 25, 2013 4:11 am

In answer to Rory:

The only way around a soul-lock is twofold. One: Be one of the souls tied to the lock. Two: Be powerful enough to bypass it. Individually powerful, of course.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat May 25, 2013 4:30 am

I vote to hold on to the Leycite for the moment. I don't think the door is going to be a long-term solution, even if it is a bargain. If holding on to the airship is something we want to do, we'll need to talk to someone eventually anyway for the airship staffing needs; there's no way to get around that. While I don't trust anyone with the airship yet, there's not really any way we're going to get some staff (quickly) without going through other people or trying to keep the airship secret for a while where while we build up trustees. That's even assuming it can be run properly by non-Scions.

How do we keep hold of it once that happens? Fiernaceal and her unlocking method is going to play a bit part in that. We'll essentially be keeping the "key" to it with her and the party members. Could they figure it out without her and choose to just take it by force without having the key? Yes, but it's something to hold over others. We're going to need to really look like we know what we're doing with this ship in order to pull that off.

Of course, I could have a bunch of Gnolls try to run it, but that's probably not something everyone wants.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat May 25, 2013 4:57 am

This isn't me throwing you guys a bone so much as a reminder since your characters would be aware of this fact; a team of Mites, Lugians, and Gnomes could almost assuredly figure out how to work this ship. Might take a bit, but they would probably succeed.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat May 25, 2013 5:57 am

Okay, so we're pretty confident it can be figured out. Same situation unfortunately where we've got to get these people in the first place.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat May 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Just a reminder to answer Rory : the door can be accessed by our souls. And we can also choose to let other people through, temporarily.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 pm

Zeiss if the only reason you are thinking of selling the Laycite is to not tell Oghren about the airship then maybe we need to ever replace him, find somthing over him so he absalotly under pain of death not cross us or (and this is for me the best option in my opinion) trust him and hope for the best and deal with it if he crosses us.

from what i remember about my first meeting with Oghren he was willing to work with us to fix the undermatket as it was best for all the people, he was also a very money minded person and i think if we can show him that we can get money across his desk he will be happy.

as Snarg said we wont be able to both fix the Airship and keep it undercover its just we need to make sure that the people that know are the ones we know we can trust, that goes for all the people that work for the Exchange in an important position.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2