Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

+7
Gwydo
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Permeus (tabran)
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 12 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 am

"It's lovely. I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked to really look around, but the size of it is amazing in it's own right. And the variety of people is astounding. Do you come here often?" Hanuel takes a sip of water, enjoying the company.
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 12 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:54 am

Hanuel:
"Oh this is actually my second visit. I rarely stray from the Naverre lands. Al-Akah is where I was last, lovely place, just near the coast. They grow the loveliest bananas and figs there, absolutely to die for." He realizes he's rambling a bit and pauses, awkwardly. "But after the incident in Blindhaven we ended up roaming a bit more, and the boss insisted we start outreaching to the Bazaars and towns in Aluvia, so we figured the Holtburg Province was the best place to start." He munches idly on a stick of celery that is brought out as an appetizer.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:58 am

Kolson:
As you are returning to the inn you spot a plain looking Orc's eyes on you. The very instant your gaze matches his he is looking elsewhere, and for several seconds you're not even entirely certain he was ever looking at you, but you feel the hairs standing a bit higher on the back of your neck.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 am

"Incident in Blindhaven? I haven't heard of it." Hanuel picks up a veggie and chews on it. "Last time I was there was over a year ago. Tell me about it."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:10 am

Hanuel:
"Oh?" he looks surprised, but then realizes he shouldn't have said anything and looks down. "Um it was..." he is interrupted by the waiter coming back with two plates of absolutely mouth-watering looking ribs, very tender and well cooked, laid on a bed of vibrant green spinach leaves and overlaid with some type of spiced sesame sauce, covered in green onions and what smells like just a hint of garlic. "Oh my, I didn't realize I was this hungry." He gives a sheepish grin and digs in, grabbing a rib and hungrily biting at it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:12 am

"Good timing for you I guess." Hanuel smiles and digs in, eating quicker than they had thought they would.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:18 am

*As Z is strolling along she notices Hanel and a strange fairy eating some delicious looking ribs the thought of which has her "player's" tummy making noises. She walks up to the table, leaning against the railing, and nods to Hanuel.*

"Hanuel.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:23 am

Hanuel nods back. "Ah, Z, how have you been? This is Kador. Kador, this is a friend of mine, Z."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:25 am

With the group having settled on leaving the following day, Rory heads off toward his family's housing to find out who else came to Dereth.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:26 am

*Z nods at the other fairy, while pulling out a wax paper sack that is sealed and hands it to Hanuel.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:26 am

Hanuel & Z:
Kador looks at Z a bit bemusedly, stands and makes a polite bow. "Business partner, I'm assuming? Or simply a friend from afar?" He takes his seat again, clearly struggling with the urge to continue eating the delicious kalbi.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:28 am

"What's this?" Hanuel cleans off their fingers, and takes the sack, breaking the seal and looking inside curiously.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 am

Rory:
While you learn that many, many families from Redoran and Hlaalu evacuated the island the first chance they got, after some hedging around you finally ask point blank and learn that no one else from your village left with your mother, sister, and brother. The three of them traveled alone, fortunately the ship wasn't requiring payment for trips as an act of kindness, and braced themselves for the horrors of the new world, whatever they might be. Alone.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:30 am

"Oh a bit of both I suppose. Or, at least I hope we're friends now."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:31 am

*Z points to the label which reads "Idyllic Spring Blossom;" it is a white tea said to be flavored with "the essence of a spring meadow with the flowers in full bloom."*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:33 am

"Oh! That lovely tea! Thank you very much." Hanuel smiles kindly at Z.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:34 am

The gentleman has taken advantage of your conversation to devour another rib as quietly as he can, taking care not to draw attention to himself.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 am

*Z shakes her head.*

"No this one's new."

*She shrugs.*

"Sounded like something you would like, so I bought it."

*To your surprise she also cracks a grin and gives a small laugh and holds out another bag of similar material but boasting a bright orange label.*

"This one is for Rory."

*the label reads "Ogre's Delight" which boasts that it tastes like the finest ogre strength ale, but "without the hit that knocks your socks off at the end of the glass."*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:44 am

Hanuel laughs lightly. "Well, I'm sure I'll love it. I'll try it first thing when I get back to the Inn."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 am

Informing them that he will be leaving the following day, Rory sits and talks or otherwise just spends time with his family while staying overnight.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 am

*Z nods and slips the "ogre's delight" back into her pack.*

"We're headed out early. Don't stay out to late, and keep your eyes peeled. Gods know we are still a fascination piece to people. Do you want to come with me to pick up the stuff I ordered for you and the other's in the morning? Its a long trek, but you seem the type to like the morning air."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:50 am

"I'd like that very much. I don't think I'll be out too late, so I shouldn't be hard to wake up."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 am

*Z nods and turns a brief shallow bow at the fairy companion, before turning and heading back toward the inn.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:55 am

Hanuel smiles and turns back to their meal. "Sorry about that."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 am

When you turn back to the gentleman you notice his plate has been finished. "No worries. I should really be getting going myself, admittedly. Long trip ahead of me." He stands and shakes your hand, before bowing politely. "Been lots of fun, hope you're successful in dodging thuggery and otherwise." He places two gold coins on the table, a gargantuan tip for the value of the meal you just ate, and winks at you before sauntering off.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next