Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

+7
Gwydo
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Permeus (tabran)
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 11 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 am

Kolson:
"You could have at least asked!" Van sighs, laughing. "Okay, hit me with the heavy. I know it's coming."

Hanuel:
The Fairy, who is vibrantly of the Dark Element, laughs faintly. "Of course, I guessed it. Don't suppose you'd be up for a stroll in the park, maybe a nice meal later?" You can tell he's nervous, despite his calm demeanor.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 11 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 am

*Z rolls her shoulders and decides to head back to her room. That is after signing the paperwork under her new "official" name. As she walks down the hall she can be seen fiddling with the document. For those in the group, its quite obvious that its been a while since she held a real one in her hand.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:45 am

"Well, as long as you don't plan to arrest me, I'd love to. It's been a while since I... left Arwic. Though you will have to tell me your name." Hanuel smiles, and stands up slowly, waiting for him to lead the way.
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 am

*After depositing a sleeping Sumomo in her room with a bowls of fruit and water sitting out, Z heads into town and hunts a tea shop.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:53 am

"Yeah." Kolson is quiet for a moment while he gathers his thoughts.

"You are aware of the collapse of the Undermarket, yes? What that means for trade? Well me and some friends are doing something about it. We've already got the remnants on board and a contract with Lady Lightmane. In fact, we are leaving town this very day to get investigate Janwall, Ritholme, and the Bazaar to get things rolling.

But what we don't have is a dedicated staff to coordinate our efforts, a sales force to advertise our services and drum up business, and contracts to move the goods when we do. I'm hoping you'll be interested in helping me set that up.

What do you think?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:54 am

Zeiss:
Bonebreaker mulls over your words, for quite some time. "I admit, I don't like the idea. But this is, technically, your show yer running. So alright. We'll go with it."

Hanuel:
"Arrest you?" The Fairy laughs a bit. "No no, though you can call me Kador." He gives your hand a friendly shake. "I'm with the Free Trade League, just got here about a week ago actually. Trying to help the boss with a few things. You?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 am

Kolson:
Van looks at you for a moment with this odd expression. "So you want me to be your middle manager for your nice, simple shop as well as your criminal empire? Did I get that right?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 am

"Pleasure to meet you Kador. I'm here with my companions. We came to clear our names, and to... set up a trading network. Big changes are coming, and I think the war on Stonehold was only the beginning."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 am

"Thank you. You will like him, I am sure. He talks a lot."

Zeiss seems amused, then prepares to leave the office.

"To convince him to come, tell him that our operation will be more profitable than the railyards. He will understand."

He returns to the inn to guard the Leycite and prepare for their journey.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:03 am

"Sorta. It really depends on what you want to do and how much responsibility you want. All I know is you are skilled at organization and that I can trust you. So I came to see you first about the job."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:04 am

Hanuel:
"Trading network? Oh, do tell. Maybe our purposes intertwine a little?" He pauses by a formation of carnations done up in a lovely picture of a red sunset, the sun itself arrayed in daffodils. "Beautiful... sorry." He blushes. "I do so love the flowers. Trade! Right. I'm very curious to hear more."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:07 am

Hanuel smiles, holding back a small laugh before continuing. "Well, I'm sure you know that after the attack on Stonehold, the undermarket went to pieces. We think it's in everyone's best interest if the remaining pieces don't fall into the hands of people who are going to be exploitative. It would be better for us all if it went back to being just like it was before. Illegal, but completely moral."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:10 am

Kolson:
Van rubs his eyes wearily. "Okay look, first thing's first, you know I'm trying to settle down a bit. Steady job, loving wife, maybe some kids, I dunno I'm not good with kids but y'know, something." He pauses in his rambling to look around. "I don't want to be involved in any funny business, nothing that'd put them in danger. Or me! But I'll think about it, alright? Gimme some time."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:12 am

Hanuel:
"Oh of course of course." He lapses into silence for a few seconds before asking, somewhat abruptly, "And what are your opinions about the PTC? The... Provincial Trading Company?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 am

*blinks as she stands in the middle of the street in holtburg a couple blocks from the inn... apparently that thing with raze was all in her head... she continues on looking for a tea shop.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 am

"Hmmm... The PTC, eh? Well, I can't say I haven't heard certain... complaints about how they operate. I mean, it's well known the Dericost won't trade with them. I hear they have bases in all four nations though."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:23 am

Z:
You find a wonderful smelling Tea shop that imports berries from the Hive lands to grind and dry into tea powder. They have a huge selection, sangria, to blanc, to youthberry, to oljito, raspberry and blueberry, strawberry and cherry, opus rouge rooibos, citrus lavender with sage, peach and bellini, acai blueberry, peach and jasmine, anjoy pears with paraiso, and a dozen others. It smells absolutely heavenly, and is staffed by an old Dwarven couple, both of whom wave cheerily at you as you enter.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 am

"I understand, Van. I feel bad for asking, but I'll be out of town and we need to get rolling on this. If it makes any difference, you can consider it a favor to me and do the job until I find someone else. Hell, even just having you as a consultant would ease my mind.

Just know, it needs to be done yesterday. I have the feeling time is not on our side in this, something I can't seem to get my friends to take seriously. Anyway, if you decide to take me up on any of those three options, go to this address and ask for Bonebreaker. Tell him Kolson sent you. Despite his name, he is a smart ogre and an important ally. Probably more important than even he realizes.

And not that you need the idea, but the local business colleges is where I would start for staff. I really wish I could stay and do more."

Kolson puts on his hat and says his goodbyes, taking a taxi to the Country Express to send a letter to Bonebreaker about Van and then on to the inn to meet his friends.

Arch:

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:26 am

Hanuel:
"I see I see. So not much experience with them. That's good, they can be quite brutal when it comes to competitors. Such as, say, people trying to set up a trade network in the heart of their territory."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:32 am

*Z wanders around picking up a good sized portion of "youthberry." She comes across a small section with a few strange teas, finding one called "Ogre's Delight" which boasts that it tastes like the finest ogre strength ale, but "without the hit that knocks your socks off at the end of the glass." This one is sold in prepackaged individual sized servings. She picks one up. After browsing for a little while more she finds another labeled "Idyllic Spring Blossom;" it is a white tea said to be flavored with "the essence of a spring meadow with the flowers in full bloom." She also picks up an energizing tea, a sleepy time mix, and a few of her favorites to replenish her stock. These purchased, she sits down and enjoys a small orange scone and a glass of earl grey with a dab of cream and two lumps of sugar, before heading back to the inn.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:33 am

Snarg is pouring over his maps, constantly shooing the flame from Zipar's tail away from the paper.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:34 am

Hanuel smiles wryly. "I've heard the IGA isn't very picky when it comes to recruits."
Hanuel stretches lightly. "Though, I don't think the PTC would want to enter into this particular market. After all, weaving has never been their... specialty."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:37 am

Hanuel:
"Yes." The man looks glum for a moment, but then cheers up. "So, what kind of food are you in the mood for? I could go for auroch ribs right about now, but I've been on the road all day."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:38 am

"To be honest I haven't been eating well lately, so the choice is all yours." Hanuel relaxes, motioning for him to guide the way.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:46 am

Hanuel:
"Ribs it is!" Kador ends up guiding you through the park for another hour, enjoying the sights along with you before taking you to a nearby, locally-owned restaurant run by a Banderling and his Ogre wife. You are seated with little fuss, at a nice out-door table with a lovely curtain of pure light, magically-projected, surrounding the table to give you some privacy as well as add a shimmering effect to everything you see. "Yes uhm, we'd like two Kalbi's please, and a side of stripped bread if you don't mind, thank you." He sips his water. "So, what do you think of Holtburg so far?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next