Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

+7
Gwydo
Z
Snarg of Wildpaw
Permeus (tabran)
Rory
Zeiss
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 10 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 am

"Oh I don't know, at this rate we'll all be half Gnolls by tomorrow, watch!" Ursolan gives off a high pitched laugh. "Ah but Crater it is, I'll have some people look into charts, see if there's a spot we can set up at. And of course Aluvia would provide military and supply support relative to the level of taxation your leaders and ours agree on, blah blah blah boiler plate."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings - Page 10 Empty Re: February 14th: Announcements and Political Maneuverings

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 am

Letting Caladrius take care of the Leycite, Zeiss goes back to Bonebreaker, having a good idea.

"Hi Bonebreaker. I need your help."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:34 am

"Alright, well, if you've got an agreement you can write up and a map I can look at, I'm sure we'll be able to put something together. Being a liaison myself of my tribe, I'd need to talk with my boss to confirm anything of course. It might be good to set up a meeting between the Lady and my boss in the future to further discuss the deal after I've given my recommendations."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:43 am

Zeiss:
Bonebreaker, who is currently tanning some leather in a work room, looks up. "Eh? What's up?"

Snarg:
"Of course, of course. That'll all have to wait naturally, I don't have anything here on me." He looks up at the rest of the group. "Is there anything else you all have to share with me before I away?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:47 am

after the meeting with Ursolan is finished Tab quickly wrights a letter to Kreeg and post's it.

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:50 am

Kolson signs the document after reading it over, but his mind is elsewhere. He politely excuses himself from the Snarg's conversation with the Lady's agent and leaves the inn, determined to see Van before leaving town.

When he leaves, he calls for a taxi and makes all haste to their shop, knowing that they should still be open.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am

Rory spoke up. "Well, there is one thing," he quickened. "Um, before I make any request, what is the Lady doing to aid or look after the Human refugees? What's being done, or planned?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am

Rainbow leaves Zeiss's shoulder and goes on Bonebreaker's. She seems interested in the leather he is tanning.

"I would like you to find someone for me. Sareth of Wintersong, a lord elf. From what I know, he is still working for the Bloodied Flock. Now understand : I do not want you to simply find him, but also get him in Holtburg. He is very skilled and we will want him on our side to start this business. Is it doable?"

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:54 am

"Yep yep, sounds like a plan. Once you have any further info, please send it my way and we'll work stuff out. I may be out of contact a bit while I'm at Janwall and Rithholme until we can get things flowing in and out of there again."

After reading over the document, Snarg signs it and begins taking stock of his belongings.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

Kolson:
You zoom away while dramatic music plays, and manage to reach your location in record time.

Zeiss:
Bonebreaker frowns. "No offense, kid, but why would I want a professional killer here, working for us?"

Snarg:
"Of course, of course. I've no doubt you and your group will be quite easy to find."

Rory:
"At the moment things are still in discussions, admittedly," Ursolan taps his bald head again, making a loud rapping noise. "I get there's bureaucracy but you'd think they'd hurry a bit. But I do know there's a food kitchen that's been supplying the refugees, and with the cutoff with Vesayen Lassel all the goods, supplies, and personnel that were being allotted to the Houses has technically defaulted to them, at least for as much as they were currently traded up to, so... there's that."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:01 am

After the group is finished signing, Hanuel leaves, heading outside to talk a long walk around the city.
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:08 am

Ring, ring, the door bells clatter as Kolson enters his own business for the first time. He doesn't really know what it looks like, since his player doesn't feel like making that up right now, and just magically finds himself talking to Van.

"Yo," he says in greeting, "Guess who got their name cleared? I'll give you a hint, he wears a stylish red hat."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:12 am

Rory:
Archengeia wrote:"At the moment things are still in discussions, admittedly," Ursolan taps his bald head again, making a loud rapping noise. "I get there's bureaucracy but you'd think they'd hurry a bit. But I do know there's a food kitchen that's been supplying the refugees, and with the cutoff with Vesayen Lassel all the goods, supplies, and personnel that were being allotted to the Houses has technically defaulted to them, at least for as much as they were currently traded up to, so... there's that."
"I guess that's something to hope for. If there's any way we could speed it along and convince them to sacrifice personal comfort--or gluttony," he mumbled under his breath, "--to keep them well-fed if the kitchen can't. Also, something in the way of protection would be a personal favor, even if it has to be spread among all of them, and not just mine."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:13 am

Hanuel:
As you roam you come across a large, artificial stretch of park that cuts through the Upper Commons. It is so wide you cannot see the other side, and so layered in green it's difficult to discern details. There are massive bridges, a few hundred feet in the air, that allow for the major roads to keep going directly over it, like it was a river bisecting the District. Even at the edges, you can see a path leading in surrounded by twisting oak trees, covered in magnolias, daffodils, long plumes of acacias winding around a few birds of paradise which poke up amongst them, surrounded on all sides by bouvardias and chrysanthemums. A wonderful smell of life and foliage wafts off the area.

Kolson:
"Wait, are you serious? The Red Arrow's name was just cleared? Wonderful! Oh I wonder if he'll take my autograph now?" Van pretends to ponder for a second, and you get a chance to look around. It's a three story affair, with the first floor, where you are, being dozens upon dozens of shelves with goods for sale arranged neatly and with an eye towards aesthetic (you assume your sister had a hand in that, Van was never good with visual design). There is a partition wall behind the counter, and you imagine the stairs to the upper sections lie beyond. The entire inside is done in a light marigold-color paint, giving the shop a warm and pleasant atmosphere, accented by small Magicite lighting places here and there to ensure the entire area is bright, well lit, but not overly stark.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 am

"Rory whats your stake in this? you sound personnel motivated?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:15 am

"Ha, ha smart guy." Kolson claps Van on the shoulder in greeting. "So I need some help with something and you may not like it. Interested?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:17 am

Hanuel walks into the park, and looks for a thick copse to sit in, taking in the air of the place. Once they find a copse, they climb up the largest tree, finding a comfortable branch to sit on and think while stretching their wings.

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:23 am

Rory:
"Protection? Oh I see," the Drudge hops up and pats Rory's arm somewhat. "I understand, you're worried about your Clan, being so far away from home. I understand that," he nods fervently. "Don't worry, I'll make sure of it. They're all living in the Docks areas for now anyways, until the new housing section is finished in the Low Commons. Easy to protect. I swear on my honor as a Skulker."

Kolson:
Van's eyes go wide. "Oh God no, what. I am not going to deal with another jilted lover. You remember Servina? I never, ever!, got the smell of pickle brine out of my robe!"

Hanuel:
There are many sturdy birch trees you may rest upon as the sun continues its lazy arc down the sky. You hear a voice near you, "Beautiful day!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 am

Hanuel looks down, a relaxed look in their eyes. "It feels like it's been ages since I last saw one so beautiful."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:26 am

Rory can't help that the corner of his mouth tugs a cheeky grin at the word "Skulker". "Thanks. They're completely out of straits as it is."

He turns to Tabran and mutters, "It is as he says. Is that not enough?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 am

Zeiss smiles a little.

"Because I know him."

He looks at Rainbow who seem to ignore their conversation. Then brings his attention back on Bonebreaker.

"Someone could put a bounty of one million gold pieces on me, I would still trust Sareth to help me. And...

He approach the Ogre and continue to explain respectfully.

"...We are about to restart a lucrative market that many people will fight for. We will have to recruit new members, and train them. Sareth can teach them how to hide in plain sight, how to detect a tick that gives away a lie, or even how to persuade a guard that he is not carrying any illegal goods. And if all that is not enough..."

He signs Rainbow to return to his shoulder.

"...I would say that having a professional killer on our side is a good way from preventing the others to come after us."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:31 am

Hanuel:
You look down, around for a moment, before realizing the voice came from about your height. There is another Fairy there, a gentleman hovering in the breeze on amber-golden wings. He grins shyly. "Hey there. Don't see many Fairies in the Metropolis. We're usually here on business, actually I'm here on business, but... wanted to visit the garden. And it is a beautiful day." He looks around appreciatively.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 am

Kolson takes off his hat and rings it a little. "Hey, that's not fair, man. How was I supposed to know that was her sister? They look exactly alike!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 am

wile tab thinks Rory isnt telling him everything he wont push it.

"if you say so. i need to wright a letter before we leave town i have an idea that may help us later on."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:35 am

Hanuel smiles back, flapping their wings slightly. "Well, you know us Spacials. We're never quite the same as others. Though I'd be lying if I said I was in Holtburg just for fun. I'm..." Hanuel falters for a moment, before deciding to be truthful about their identity. "I'm known as Hanuel... What about you?"

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next