Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

+5
Gwydo
Permeus (tabran)
Essoje
Zeiss
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber - Page 2 Empty Re: February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:42 pm

"Unllessh yer inta guards duties, nothin mush here right now." The Dwarf merrily sips another helping of his Barleybrew. "Dunno if theysh hirin right now shough."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber - Page 2 Empty Re: February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

Post by Ashakel Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:46 pm

"Yeh, that could maybe do, but I'm tired of this sword and everything... You see my papa owned a leatherworking business before he died.. I was thinking I could set up shop, do some trading to Holtburg if things get going. You suppose that could work?" Ashakel takes a sip of his drink.

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:49 pm

Ashakel:
These people are clearly miners. You can literally smell the metallic dust on them, as well as dirt, even though they are wearing regular clothing and have bathed recently.

"Hah! Well," the Dwarves look at each other, bemused, "Good lucksh on ya shon. You'll needsh it."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:51 pm

Ashakel notices the smiles on the Dwarves faces. "What's so funny 'bout it eh?" he says in a cheerful tone. "The town be having some tough times?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:55 pm

"Oh no, nothin roughshh. Jusht you'll hafta anshwer to da bos--"
He is quickly silenced by his friend Dwarf with a sharp jab to his neck.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:01 pm

"The boss?" Ashakel noticeably lowers his voice, although the drinking is starting to get to him. "Listen boys, you sheem like a decen' lot, and I'd just want to settle a bit.*hic*..If I have to put a coin here or there, ya' know, to get started, I wouldn't mind. Just tell me who I be needin' to talking to."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:12 pm

One of the other Dwarves, not the merry fellow you've been talking with, gives you an empty smile. "Not a worry, friend. You go set up your business, no issues here. Now if you'll excuse us." He grabs the inebriated Dwarf and the group departs the inn.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 pm

"Alrighty, then, cheers to ya lads!" After they depart, Ashakel meets up with the others. "Wellish... I've been having some luck. I met a couple of dwarves in the inn. They seem to be talkin' about "prefering things this way" and "not like they were paid better before." When I started saying I'd want to open a business, one of them went ahead of the others and said I'd need to answer to the Boss. I couldn't get much out of them after that, tho'. They were miners, also."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm

"Dwarfs?" whispers Zeiss. "Where did they go? I can follow them."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

"Well I can't really tell ya but the Inn was in that way." Ashakel points to the way of the inn and describes the miners to Zeiss.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Zeiss goes in direction where Ashakel last saw the dwarfs and searches for them.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Zeiss:
You manage to make it back with no issue but do not see any Dwarves anywhere nearby that match the description given.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:36 pm

Zeiss goes back to the group and after making sure that nobody can hear them, he says :

"I could not find them... Maybe it's time that we find out where the shipments are going. The mines and the logging hasn't stopped. This town is shipping its resources elsewhere."

He thinks for a moment.

"So what about we go see the mayor now?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:12 pm

"well how are we splitting as all of us going will seam a bit pushy also what are your plans?
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 pm

"Ayup, that sounds fine to me. Actually, come to think of it..." Snarg scratches his ear in a thoughtful manner.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Snarg:
All you know about Ritholme is of a historical nature; it was once the leading supplier of fine lumber for the construction of Sailing vessels, before metal-plated Magitek and Airship vessels became more popular. While still being a prime source of such lumber, its already past its golden years.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:33 pm

"ok me and Z will go to Bell Integrated Informational Applications and pretend to be clients from Holtberg that havent gotten a shipment of wood we were expecting?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:36 pm

"...eh, never mind, thought I remembered something. Why spin some story? That didn't go well last time you pretended to be someone. You've actually got real interest in trading with them, so go with that."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:38 pm

"Snarg is right. We shouldsay we are from an organization that simply wants to trade with Ritholme and take the place of whatever buyer that is taking all the resources. After all, we have the approval of the government of Holtburg. Trading with us is surely more secure than whoever is in control here."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:39 pm

"well we want to know why trade has stoped if we tell them we want to trade they can shut us down way to easy by saying there books are full"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:40 pm

"And they can tell us the same thing if we say we haven't got a shipment of wood we were supposed to receive. And I doubt they won't see that this shipment doesn't exist. It would be silly to make a mistake like that when they obviously want their arrangement to not attract attention."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:42 pm

"You should take Sethos and Ashakel with you. You don't have to scare anybody, but you need numbers to keep them from trying to push you around, and having a healer is just common sense. While you do that, Fierneceal, Caladrius and Zeiss will head the group to see the mayor. Anybody who's left behind will need something to do while they wait."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:47 pm

"Is it actually a crime to not trade with someone? You can't force someone to trade. It could just be as simple as they have a better deal. You just need to make a better one if you want them to come back around. At least, that's the way I normally do it."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:50 pm

"I am fine with going to talk to the mayor..."

To Snarg's comment, Zeiss says :

"I agree. Let's try to keep things civilized."There is an undertone of sarcasm to his last word."We are here only to talk business."

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:52 pm

"I wasn't suggesting that you make them an offer they can't refuse. Just discourage them from attacking or doing anything shady."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next