Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

+5
Gwydo
Permeus (tabran)
Essoje
Zeiss
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber - Page 5 Empty Re: February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

Post by Zeiss Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 pm

Zeiss decides to go back to Ritholme, still stealthily. He rents a room at the inn they determined as the meeting point. He will observe closely the reaction of the owner to his request. If there are people drinking, he will ask if there any other travellers who stayed in town these last few days, except for his group.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber - Page 5 Empty Re: February 16th: Ritholme, Mining & Lumber

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:38 pm

Zeiss:
You do not hear about any other travelers of late past the standard fare of merchants and passers-bye through the town.

Right about now it is about 8 PM.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm

At about the time the party has gathered together at the designated meet-up point that evening, a letter is delivered to them which reads as follows:

"Hey everyone,
It's been a while but i hear you are all busy in the high and mighty city of Holtburg. I have been "volunteering" my time to a town down on their luck economically to help them make ends meet. I'm praised like a hero, yet still oddly ostracized by the locals, a place called Marblebush. I barely get any sleep and could use some help investigating these really weird vibes I'm getting from everyone. ether that or I could travel to Holtburg to meet up and go adventuring like we used to.

I look forward to your reply,
Optimistically,
Araiguna"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm

"Well, it looks like he has been busy... I wonder how he can be hailed a hero and ostracized at the same time. Maybe we should go see him after we are done here."

After that, he asks the people that are drinking where he could find the different offices of the companies doing business in town.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:47 pm

"Hmmm, interesting. We're finding people all over this area that we've run in to before. I might be able to tell you where to do since I was out exploring the town earlier on, let's see..."

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 pm

Snarg does recall, with his expert memory, where the offices is of the 8 companies that primarily do business in Ritholme.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:02 am

"Oh... thank you Snarg."

Zeiss goes to bed, planning to wake up one hour before the companies offices open.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:10 am

"The lack of trade isn't the only thing odd in this town."

*Z speaks up having been silent for most of the conversation.*

"There are no jobs. None. I doubt I could even find someplace to wash dishes for a few copper."
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 am

Snarg looks up from a mouthful of food. "Hmmph? Why's that? Did they say why?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 am

"No clue"

*Z heads out making camp just outside city limits*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:20 am

Rory goes up to the bar. "I got one gold piece and not a whole lot to spend it on," he says as he puts it on the table. "I'll have the strongest drink it'll get me."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 am

Rory:
One gold will buy you a full cask of whiskey which has been spiked with methanol (a local favorite they call Gut Thinner), Ale Brick which is a form of clear alcohol with a wood chip left in the bottle to infuse it with an almost pine scent and flavor, or a viscous form of beer you actually eat instead of drink like one would yogurt or whatnot, which they have multiple varieties of (light, dark, chocolate, thick, etc.)
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 am

"Ermph, okay, night then." Snarg waves to Z as she leaves.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 am

Rory buys a cask of Gut Thinner and takes it upstairs. He starts drinking from a glass, refilling it 3 times before the end of the night.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 am

That Night:
Rory is feeling exceptionally woozy, not quite sick but definitely leaning that way. He is sleeping like a log.

Zeiss and Snarg are both startled awake by the sound of someone clandestinely unlocking their door. Whoever is doing so is being quiet, and has not simply barged in nor broken the door down yet, so you may remain quiet or do some other action as you wish.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:38 am

Snarg carefully peeks over to the door, slowly moving to grab his sword to his side.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:41 am

Zeiss grabs his rapier, silently, and brings it under his blanket. And waits for the door to open, while acting like he was asleep.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:45 am

Snarg:
Whoever it is spots the movement and flings the door open, rushing forward but you manage to get the pounce on them. It is a Dwarf, who has no weapons brandished and is in simple attire, but has a wicked looking dagger at his side which he is actively reaching for frantically.

Zeiss:
You manage to stay hidden as the door opens. You hear a single set of footsteps approach your bed, and a strange rustling sound near your pillow.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 am

Zeiss uses his ring of light to blind the person trying to get the jump on him and gets out immediately out of bed, his rapier in his hand, and says (if he has time to do so) :

"You can't surprise an assassin from the Flock."

He will also observe who it is.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am

Grabbing frantically at the Dwarf's arms, Snarg wrestles with him, slamming up against the floor and door.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:55 am

Zeiss:
The man is an Elf of no meaningful description, who has currently pulled out a loaded crossbow which he is now aiming point blank at your face. "Flock eh? That'd explain things. Tell your murdering buddies that we don't do business with your kind here."

Snarg:
You manage to pin him successfully, but despite this he does not stop his struggling. He yells out, "Help! Help!! The Gnoll's got me!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:02 am

Zeiss approaches the elf, preparing himself to avoid the bolt, and plans to stab the elf that has the least protection. If he has time to say it before the elf shoots:

Elven:

If that man is willing to talk, Zeiss will wait before he attacks the elf.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:05 am

Snarg snorts in his face and slides both of them against the door, blocking it with their weight. "I don't think you'll be needing this." He says, ripping away the wicked dagger by its holster and flinging it across the room. Leaning close to the Dwarf's ear, he growls a warning. "You'll tell me exactly what you think you're doing in my room - I promise you it's not what you think."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:14 am

Zeiss:
The Elf looks at you furiously. "I'm no assassin, you punk. But knowing that the Flock is after the Boss' business is very interesting. I'm here to deliver a friendly message, get ou--"
He is interrupted by a yell down the hall, "Help! Help!! The Gnoll's got me!"
The Elf spits. "Maybe another time!" He rushes out to help his comrade.

Snarg:
The Dwarf glares back. "I don't know what Warlord sent you, but you can tell 'im to piss off! This is our operation now, and we take care of it! We even help the people doing so! So sod off!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:18 am

Snarg relaxes his grip on the Dwarf. "Oh for ... I'm not with any warlord! I don't know anything about what you're talking about! Who told you that?!?" Pushing his captive away from him, he points to the bed. "Sit. You're going to tell me what's got you so riled up that you're trying to kill innocent folk on a rumor."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next