Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Establishment of The Exchange

+2
Kolson
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 13 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:09 am

Spoiler:

"finding other ways into that thing may be easier that we think as it will most likely have scanners on it thou they would need to be run at the lowest power that can so that they dont cause a cave in or let anyone in the village know there's anything down there? as for sealing the entrance in marblebush if we do that maybe doing it so its flashy? you know make a big seen of it so that the villagers have know doubt that the runes have become unstable and started to collapse in on themselves? not weaving it shut but making it so that it actually is sealed off by ruble?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 13 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Z Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:05 am

"Well it didn't cause any issues that I know of before we left, and its scan was at least hundred times stronger than the scan that of airship back in Holtburg.  Really vibrated my bones.  As for blocking the entrance with rubble, I both like and dislike that idea Tabran.  But the simple point of the matter is, I don't think simple rubble would keep those towns folk out, not to mention that place is likely over-run with the refugees."

*she gestures to the refugees all around.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am

"we can but hope that the rest of our party have been able to keep people from venchering inside."
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 am

Zeiss, as he was examining the injuries some of the refugees have suffered, responds to Tabran :

"Yes, they surely did. If they didn't..."

He shakes his head.

"They would be the worst idiots I have ever encountered."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:39 pm

The following starts occurring at roughly noon on the 21st of February.

Milli laughs faintly. "So impatient. When we get back to the city there'll be packing and work to do, and I can torture you horribly then. But I doubt you'll see me after that."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:48 pm

Zeiss stares at Mili for a moment.

"I am sad to hear that. I do hope the best for you..."

Rainbow's head pops out of Zeiss's pocket. She jumps on his shoulder and looks at the quarry where the rest of the group are. She pronounces a few "Meeeeeeeeh" of sadness.

"I know Rainbow... I know."

They walk towards the wagon.

Spoiler:

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:06 am

The trip back to Holtburg is traveled in uncomfortable silence between the group as you trudge between camps of refugees and try to maneuver the wagon through the throngs of people still journeying on the road. It does not take you long to realize these people are heading for Holtburg as well.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:15 am

Upon seeing the swarms of refugees, Zeiss, who is on his horse, turns to Gerald of Seeker (one of his bodyguards on the wagon) and gives him a key.

"You can open my refrigerator with it. There is around 50 pounds of bear meat in it. Give it to the refugees."

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:41 am

The bodyguards, who frown at you for a moment, take the uncooked meat and begin handing it out as they go. Fortunately few people in the crowd really notice this so you do not get beggars at your wagon asking for more, but those that do take it off to the sides to start fires and eat what they have. You notice many share amongst those around them.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:48 am

Zeiss starts to have mixed feelings when he sees these refugees share so openly their meat. When his bodyguards are finished giving out the food, Zeiss ask them :

"Is something wrong? You seemed surprised by the command I gave you."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:00 am

"Sir, you're in charge of a criminal organization trying to crawl your way to the top. Generally that doesn't involve helping people not working for you."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:07 am

Zeiss laughs frankly.

"Yeah, I can understand what you mean..."

He looks at the swarms of refugees, worried about the amount of food there was in Aluvia. Surely not enough."

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:18 am

It takes a bit longer then it normally would for you to arrive at Holtburg's northern gates, which are absolutely swamped to the point where a literal snail could probably move through them faster then you. Refugees are pouring in in such droves that the wagon actually runs over more then a few people without meaning to as you go. You catch a few glimpses of the guards manning the gates, who aren't obstructing anyone but have a look of quiet horror on their eyes that never really leaves.

The elderly gnome leans over just an inch. "Are you sure you want to stay here, son?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 am

Zeiss looks worried at the people they just ran over. He knows he has to get into the city as soon as possible, so he continues on his way. To Mili's question, he answers :

"No Ma'am. But someone must be here. Now... let's try to enter the city before they close the gates."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:44 am

The rest of the journey takes until the sun has started to set to travel the final several hundred feet through the throng before you make it inside the city gates, finally. Milli of Greatgear gives you a polite nod, hops off the wagon, and heads offwards. Oghren, who's been silent this entire time and is looking faintly ill, also leaves without comment, leaving you on the wagon.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 am

Zeiss, who is on his horse, turns towards his bodyguards who are on the wagon.

"Let's bring the wagon and my horse to the stables."

After this is done, Zeiss will go at Bonebreaker's office to go see Sareth.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:57 am

It takes you a very, very long time to reach the office due to the ridiculous levels of traffic across the massive metropolis. By the time you make it there it's almost midnight, and the place is of course closed and locked at the moment.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:14 am

February 22nd:
Zeiss is awakened with a snort by someone entering the office-space, which as you quickly rise turns out to actually be Bonebreaker followed shortly by Sareth. "You know," Bonebreaker comments, "there's these things called beds." Despite your fatigue you catch something off in his tone; he's trying to sound humorous and failing.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sareth Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:17 am

Sareth smiles.

"My my MY! I think we got a freeloader on our hands Bonebreaker."

He helps Zeiss get on his feet.
Sareth
Sareth

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: None
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 am

Zeiss wakes up and looks around, still sleepy.

"Hi..."

He yawns for a long moment, takes Sareth's hand then gets up.

"I slept here because I figured we should get to work as soon as possible... And I do not even know where to start."

Zeiss rubs his eyes, thinking at the same time on what they should do first.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay, I am sending Sareth get himself two bodyguards that he will pay 4 pieces of gold maximum. I want people who are loyal and competent. After that, he will take the wagon and Zeiss's horse to get to Janwall to negotiate with the Undermarket faction there. Assuming they let people out of Holtburg.

Zeiss will then ask Bonebreaker if he knows people that could help with procuring ourselves Scouters, Buyers, Movers and Movers. People we can trust that is. If he doesn't, I will go see immediately Van, the middle management guy at the Passing Through office. I will then ask Van the same question.

For now, the Passing Through office will take care of all the paper work, the buying and the selling. I'll wait until we expand for renting other buildings.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Sareth heads out pretty much first thing in the morning.

Bonebreaker does not have any information about that for you, but he mentions that he is sincerely considering quitting unless you can turn the 'Exchange' around in a hurry. He also brings word that the Council of Lords has been in session, again, and will be making an announcement later today.

Van has slightly more promising leads on personnel, all people fresh from universities primarily, but convincing people to work for the Exchange is going to be harder then it was a few days ago for obvious reasons.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Just a precision : when Zeiss talks to any member of the Exchange, his attitude is that of a colleague who respects his coworkers, even when he gives orders or receives advice from someone else. Nevertheless, he makes it clear he is the leader.

SO... Zeiss thanks Bonebreaker for informing him and asks him to wait at least a week before he decides to leave.

As for Van, I suppose I'll do some interviews like Kolson did? In this case, we 'll start with the Buyers and the Sellers. We'll use Van's list to determine who is worth interviewing.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13