Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Establishment of The Exchange

+2
Kolson
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 3 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Archengeia Mon May 06, 2013 12:35 am

Pricing is currently in progress and should be done and set for new standards shortly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 3 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Kolson Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 am

Okay, not much I can do then until that is done. On to tomorrow!
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon May 06, 2013 6:50 pm

February 18th:
As morning rises, the new standards are set. I have decided for the sake of my sanity not to come up with types of goods or even categories that can be made, but rather a formula to determine how much your raw goods turn out in profit at a per-month basis, depending on a few other factors like demand, events, and the like.

Regardless, your Mundanes have successfully laid out what they believe to be acceptable base prices for everything (the aforementioned formula I shan't be sharing). Also, your sister is excited about the prospect of seeing you for the first time in over a month, and she actually arrives at your office fairly early in the day to say hello.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon May 06, 2013 11:45 pm

"Tia! Long time, no see!" He grabs her up into a great bear hug which he holds for a few seconds before setting her back down on her feet. "How are you? Where is the Squirt?"

(That's great Arch but I need to have a way to rate Job complexity and resource needs for supply.

Would this work for Job complexity?

Simple = 1 unit of whatever
Complex = 2 units, either 2 of the same or 2 different.
Hard = 3 units, in any combination.)

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Tue May 07, 2013 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am

"Oh I, uhm, I left him at home. Did not want him to ... be... here." She trails off, looking sheepish, before continuing. "I missed you. It's good to see you alive and not, uhm, in jail."

I'd rather do that in a different direction but I'll accept quantity instead of time as a variable, mostly because it's simpler. So, quantity it is.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 12:12 am

"You left her at home? Why? I was looking forward to seeing her. Did she like the robes and hat I sent her?" Kolson ignores the jail part for now.

(Reminder: the Squirt = Iridona, Kolson's Niece. Tia would also call Kolson by the childhood nickname Kol, just so you know if it comes up.

That's fine with me about going a different direction with the supplies. Just let me know what you decide to do so I can start ordering stuff with some kind of understanding. Wink)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 am

"Oh yes, she absolutely adores them. She's actually with Van right now, playing Bandits and Pirates, she's a Bandit of course." She smiles. "So, uhm, how goes the robbing and plundering trade?"

No no let's stick with yours, it's simpler.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 12:46 am

"If I ever start I'll let you know," he smiles.

"It's actually not what you might think, Tia. We provide services that the community needs not robbing and banditry. I assure you, I wouldn't be here if this Exchange was going to be nothing but thugs and leaches upon the good people of Aluvia. So please don't worry. I haven't forgotten who I am."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 1:53 am

Tia smiles, looking a bit reassured, but you can tell there is still concern in her eyes. "Well, that's good. SO. I was in the mood for sushi, what about you?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 2:06 am

"Heck yeah! Bring on the crab I say! Let's go!"

He calls back to his secretary, "Hey Mags, you want to go get sushi with me and my sister?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 2:08 am

The Gnome blinks up at you, startled. "Uh uh uh uh uh I I I dunno I mean I have work to do and I don't want to be intruding I mean it's your familyandIdon'treallywanttogetinthewayI'msorry," she devolves into mumbling quietly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 2:25 am

"Oh, well, if that's how you feel about it. Would you at least like me to bring you something back?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 2:43 am

"I... I... I... I really like Aluvian Rolls..." she says sheepishly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 am

"You got it, one Aluvian Roll. Alright then, I'll be back in an hour Mags. Remember, if someone shows up looking to talk to me say I'm out to lunch with a potential client and that they can wait or make an appointment with you. Got it?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 3:09 am

"Not a problem sir, I'll be right on it! No worries! Guaranteed!"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 3:18 am

"Excellent." Kolson smiles and grabs Tia by the hand and pulls her outside, letting go when she inevitably struggles against it but continues walking towards their favorite sushi restaurant."I'm glad we are doing this, I've missed you. I've missed this."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 6:34 pm

"I have too." There's a very long pause as she struggles to get the words out. "You... could stay, y'know. Not adventure anymore, just settle down here in Holtburg where it's safe..."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 pm

"I...I'm not so sure. I'd stay here forever if I could but recent events are conspiring against that notion. Shadowy groups move here and there, manipulating events for their own selfish ends. I'm afraid, Tia, that there is too much change going on right now for me to just sit back and not do anything about it."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 11:22 pm

She looks down a bit. "I thought you'd say something like that. Things have been... bad lately. W... W..." she can't bring herself to say the word. "...things happening this way, the... the very air feels wrong somehow. Nobody just walks to walk or shares or laughs anymore without it feeling forced. And I'm scared it's going to get worse, and that's why I want you to stay." She sighs. "But I know you, brother. I know you want to help fix things. So... just stay safe, alright?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Kolson stops walking and hugs her close. "Come on, Sis, you know I can't stand to see you cry. I promise to do my best to keep safe. I know it's not entirely what you asked, but it's the best I can do."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Your sister ceases her worried conversation as you finally approach Taria's Shellfish, which is renowned for its excellent seafood which is caught from several miles out to sea fresh daily. The snow crab is 30% off today.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 pm

"Yes! Who loves crab and is saving money today?" Kolson points at himself with both thumbs. "This guy, that's who."

He holds the door open for Tia and they enter the waiting area. The host, an older elven woman, smiles and says, "Welcome to Taria's Shellfish. How many?"

"Two."

"There is room at the bar if you don't want to wait. If you don't mind, then the wait for a booth is 12 minutes."

To Tia, Kolson says, "Well, you heard the lady. Booth or bar?"

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Wed May 08, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 08, 2013 12:00 am

"Oh, I'd definitely prefer the booth. Much more relaxing, don't you think?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

"That's fine with me."

Kolson plops down one of the waiting couches. He always admired the fact that the owners chose comfortable seating over fashionable ones, all while somehow remaining trendy.

"So, how is your work with ancient relics going? You still having trouble with funding?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 08, 2013 12:10 am

She laughs faintly. "You know how it is. The only people who really throw money around for old fossils are the Order and I never cared for them to begin with, let alone after your little incident. But I'm getting closer! Supposedly they just recently unearthed a whole dig site up in Marblebush, which..." she coughs, "Uhm, the Order has been buying all the relics of. But at least it's a new site! I may learn something."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next