Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White Sands

+2
Zeiss
Archengeia
6 posters

Go down

White Sands Empty White Sands

Post by Archengeia Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Fohaqupirbu hveadEocrnop traed ie o nturfoma fe t R keiropales me erNl cay doAtifpeowiNCin I nn g g  ho wawAatavfry ll me eeou gaxtLodotiveimu

"You are quite clear on what it is you need to do?" 

"Of course, great one," those present lowered their heads and gave an elaborate bow.  "We have every intention of being accommodating hosts."

"Acceptable.  Disperse, now."  The little ones bowed and scraped again, skittering off lest they earn his ire, though in truth his attention was already elsewhere.  The Storm was both unacceptable and foolish, and had left a crack in his patience.  Perhaps a way to convince them via artificial?  That would take a massive power source, though...

As he mused, the barest edges of shadow trickled around him, attempting to catch his attention.  Irritable at the distraction he waved them away effortlessly, a chorus of high pitched shrieks his answer.  Fortunately the augments had started to take, which would assist in the next process down the line, else the other four would pose a near insurmountable problem.  To have come this far, to fail?  No, he'd rather burn it all first.

The best path towards isolating the Olthoi, that was the tricky part.  Even he hesitated at simply waltzing into the Hive to cause injury to one of their own, no doubt why she'd been placed there.  The Ancient Queen would see him coming.  But there are other, quieter avenues to consider, and surely the news of a superweapon ship would tempt their curiosity, as that particular thread had already been tugged.

No, best to lay wait and hope for an opportunity for now.  They'll come soon enough.

Moments later, only a few footprints were left remaining on the white sands at the edge of the volcano isle.  And, after a moment, they quietly shuffled back into place, erasing the tracks as if they had never been.

Last edited by Archengeia on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

White Sands Empty Re: White Sands

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 pm

I see that you decided to do some Elsewhere posts too. Razz

I DO remember seeing a volcano in the vision the Mirror Key gave me when I touched it back in Holtburg...

And I can't figure out who this guy is. If that's Gaerlan... *gulp*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 am

And to think that for a split second i actually thought you might had written about some dude taking time off at some beach somewhere.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 am

I did a double-take after reading that as "Elsweyr" and thought there was an Elder Scrolls campaign starting up.

I'll look forward to the "meanwhile..." stuff. Are you planning on doing it post-session or just whenever you have something to post up?
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 am

I'm wondering right now if this is not the Warden... -_-
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:21 pm

The general idea is to have one per session but if something pops into mind out of turn I'll probably post it up.  Lord knows a lot of things are happening off camera right now.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:43 pm

Meanwhile, the Drudges from the first adventure...

*The desert wind blows maliciously in the background as the scene reveals several diminutive skeletons lay strewn about half-buried in the sand of an armordillo nest, the denizens of the sandy community chittering softly as they go about their routines. One lone being, camouflaged and masked with armordillo scent, pokes at the bones with a stick.*

"Ooooooohhhhh..."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Meanwhile, we cut to Van, who is neck deep in paperwork thanks to our latest escapades. He spends the next 8 hours dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Here's his theme song:

@Arch: I'm glad you are doing this now. I feel a much greater sense of connection to what is happening in the rest of the world.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down