Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

+2
Archengeia
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May - Page 4 Empty Re: Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

Post by Archengeia Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Hm.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Yes, I'll back up Higaide as best I can with that squad. I don't want him left out there alone if he runs into trouble. We'll also attempt to be stealthy.

Dex check for Stealth: 10. Man I'm rolling lousy lately, lol.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:35 am

Kolson and his squad will be fighting as they go, having attracted the attention of Separatist forces.

Higaide... as you are sneaking your way in the indicated direction you sneak a peak and notice that the Corvette seems to have stopped and is hovering ahead of you. Hesitant you sneak forward a bit more, manage a nice leap up to a second story via a convenient set of handholds, and finally get eyes on the target. As of this point in time, you see a particularly angry looking Javan, unarmed but not looking his best, angrily fending off several individuals in green robes and one bum.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:13 am

Before i jump in to help Javan, what's a bum?
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:00 am

A homeless person typically living in the streets making a home wherever loitering is(or isn't) allowed, unattractively unkempt(because unkempt can be chic if you do it right) in appearance.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:26 am

Dammit, i was hoping to delete that before anyone saw it. I know what a bum is, my brain just wasn't working for some reason (work is being a bitch right now, maybe that's why).

Higaide jumps in to help Javan. I'll target whatever green-robed guy seems the lightest, and throw him onto whatever green-robed guy looks the most threatening to Javan. If i can take advantage of surprise, i will.

Nonlethal, till i know what's going on.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:30 am

Thanks to the element of surprise, Higaide does manage to get in a surprise round on a random green-robed woman. She goes flying into one of the others, which kicks off initiative... which we'll do in another thread.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Out of the blue, I just realized I haven't committed any actions for this week. I sort of assumed the battle would take precedence. In which case, I'm going to commit some actions around the execution and duration of our gambit.

1. rehearsal/training
This is what we've been working up to. I go over what our people are allowed to know. I'm assuming its just their part in the battle, and not any other part of the plan or the plan itself, just what they're to do and what they're to expect. Also, practice. Instead of throwing magic at them, magic will be conjured around them, to get them used to the fact that it exists and that they will encounter with increasing frequency, in the span of our plan and pretty much for the rest of their lives on the Derethian continent.

2. Wait for the reply, help people pack
What do they need? Perhaps I can afford some amenities for them for the expected journey. Put the remaining "time" of this major action into major action #1.

3. Recruit
Maneuver most of the evening among the criminal element(or split time between afternoon and evening) to recruit through force of Charisma, display of fighting skill, and/or basically "we're bigger and better, you can become part of that, doesn't that sound awesome?"

Passive actions
A. Exploit the effects of the Peerless Drudge Charm
In observance of the coming battle, wear the drudge charm and don't sleep, anticipating the chance to take it off and get mule-kicked by Higaide to make bringing Thog out much quicker/easier to do.

my participation:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:55 pm

I do not mind unleashing Thog... but he must understand that if he wants to participate in the battle, he cannot reveal the truth about his true nature; meaning Rory has to hide before he can transform into Thog. Once this is done, I recommend he wears a robe with the Loyalists' emblem woven on it (or something that identifies him as military) to make it clear he's one of my colleagues. I will also tell to my subordinates that an unexpected "ally" might show up during the battle and they shouldn't worry about his allegiance.

That should mitigate the effects of his apparition. Once the battle his over, he has to hide in the Veil to avoid any attempt by the Separatists OR the Loyalists to capture him. That's pretty much it.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:14 pm

I think you mean his appearance, or his debut to the fight.

Thog remembers what Zeiss says to Rory with extraordinary clarity, being a creature of staggering intelligence, though after transforming, he must remain hidden for around half a minute to remember and put that together with the situation he wakes up in before acting on that knowledge and those instructions.

Rory obtains a Lugian-sized stretchy tunic, outlining it with the Loyalists' emblem(this may have consequences later), then uses materials meant to stain the tunic when applies dye to color it, hanging it to dry. It appears messy and crude, but should be recognizable with no difficulty. He jams it in his pocket, thinking, Yeah, he'll know what to do with this.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:54 am

[Reposting my actions to make it easier for Arch to figure out what I am doing. I suggest you guys do the same.]

So here's the big post. *crack fingers*

My actions:

• Convince Gretta to help me pull off this plan. Use Persuasion and non-action combat point.
  • Convince the Aristocrats to follow this plan. Use Persuasion and non-action combat point.
  • Coordinate with Kolson who reveals to the Lady of Holtburg that he has a mole within the Aristocrats' leadership who managed to convince the rest of them to follow a specific plan. All the merit for the strategy I'm proposing goes (in lore anyway) to Kolson.
  • Execution of said plan.

T H E  P L A N :
Let us assume Gretta agrees to let me borrow her two or three thousands "soldiers". Nationalists are blue, Separatists are red and the Exchange is green. I know there are bound to be other forces somewhere else in the district, but I am considering only the major forces which will turn the tides of battle.
First sketch:
The Separatists put the majority of their forces around this place to force the Nationalists to do the same.

Second sketch:
Out of nowhere, soldiers who are working for the Exchange appear behind enemy line! However, they don't attack the main Nationalists forces.

Third sketch:
The Exchange soldiers seem to be going for the Hall of the Monarchy and the Fortress, which are important sites to control for the Separatists. The Nationalists, knowing they cannot let that happen, send two groups to intercept the Exchange while their third group falls back to defend a position closer to the Hall and the Fortress. The separatists go forward, happy that everything goes according to plan.

Fourth sketch:
That's kind of what it should look like at this point. The Separatist prepare to advance on the first group.

Fifth sketch:
However, the Exchange soldiers are on the side of the Nationalists. They never were a threat to begin with. The Nationalists simply used this ruse to flank the Separatists while the Exchange soldiers regrouped to act as a reserve.

Sixth sketch:
The Nationalists have flanked the Separatists from all side. The Exchange soldiers (those under Gretta's command) stay behind unless they are needed. Ideally, they will only have to take care of the soldiers (that should make it easier to convince Gretta to let me borrow her men). An Exchange elite group, however, will join the battle: the party members and the best troops among those that were recruited in Holtburg (and maybe Kolson, if he isn't commanding the main Nationalists forces). When the dust has settled and the Separatists are defeated, Gretta and her men will go back to the Exchange headquarters through the Veil to defend it against any attack from my former "allies".

If that works, it would be a major blow against the Separatists, one that may just end the civil war. In Holtburg anyway. Then the Lady of Holtburg meets with the party to celebrate our victory around some beer and to discuss our reward. I would be more than grateful if she granted me the ownership of a large number of the Aristocrats' companies (a few of which I will give to Gretta); she can make it sound like she is nationalizing the lot of them if she prefers, but in practice, they would go to me.

I know it's a little early to talk of a reward, but I'm just writing to save some time.

Oh, if there's ever an occasion where there's only us, the Lady of Holtburg, the General and a few soldiers, please pause the game and tell us? It would be a good occasion to just assassinate her and blame the General for it. We would then justify the bloodbath to the rest of the military by showing them the letter we found in Huldar's camp, proving that he inadvertently started the civil war just because of his greed and we only wanted to make sure he gets what he deserves by telling Myra of Hammersmith. Unfortunately, he refused to let himself be arrested and turned violent; after ordering his loyal soldiers to attack us, he killed the Lady of Holtburg and planned to have us blamed for it.

Just an idea. Cool

But if we ever get in a situation where we might pull this off, do pause the game please. I know Kolson wasn't really against that plan, he just preferred to take over Holtburg another way, but he might change his mind if we think we could pull it off.

The way Zeiss fights: he maximizes the uses of his spells (especially Holy Radiance) and will use the Desperation attack only in a... desperate attempt to stay alive or to take out a key leader of the Separatists' forces. Zeiss will also make sure to stay beside his allies when attacking the enemies to make good use of his stealth attacks.

Other actions:

• -Zeiss is personally involved- Investigate the companies of the High Queen, and anything related to her, to meet her. Kolson will help. To accomplish that, I have an idea: let's inquire into buying out certain companies... on the Queen's behalf. Obviously, we're not trying to upset her, but we're obvious enough in our approach to have her take notice of us. Hopefully. At the same time, we'll use this opportunity to find out which company would be a worthwhile acquisition to make for the Exchange. Anything that could help with my other activities? In this order of importance: unifying the Blocs by replacing the Undermarket's middle managers, the Shadow Depository and the Criminal Headhunting Task Force (giving a name for you the GM to make your work easier).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Gretta's men will try to find worthwhile allies that could provide support in the future when we try to take over Holtburg. Some people must not like the fact that both sides still want to go to war with Naverre.
  • -Kolson's actions- Kolson will continue to work with the Lady of Holtburg to take out the Separatists while also strengthening his position within the Aluvian military.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Find a woven tattoo (the less expensive kind) that lets me have the Leadership feat. I'll consider buying it depending on what price I roll. I will offer some of the Exchange's resources on this deal to make it less expensive (gotta save that money). And ask Kolson (in-character) if he could weave it instead and how much that would take from him (weaving points cost).

Exchange's actions:

• Week's profits: ?
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Continue to rebuild the Exchange Intelligence (spy network).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- The rumor that I killed my best spy? Well, I want my employees to know it's false. So I'll gather them for an announcement which I will do in person. Here's what I tell them: I haven't ordered the death of this spy, nor did I want him dead. After we discovered he was doing something we weren't aware of, we tried to talk to him about it to discover if he had any hidden agenda. Then when he tried to escape, he mysteriously died. There was a device within him. We're not sure what happened. Use Persuasion.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Again, let's invest more resources towards setting up these projects: the Shadow Depository, the Black Butterfly (the inn where people go disappear), the Criminal Headhunting Task Force and more importantly, the unification of the Blocs (by replacing the Undermarket middle managers).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I want the Black Butterfly to rent out quiet rooms, where for X amount of time, a Silence spell is cast. If I can afford to have a permanent Silence spell cast on a few separate rooms instead (or at the very least, a device that uses charges to cast Silence) , that's what I'll do. Clients will have to pay for using it of course.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I want to upgrade Zeiss' office. If necessary, I will change it to another place within the Veil. Features: it has to be in the middle of all the Exchange's bureaucracy for more efficiency, it has an overhauled records keeping system which makes my job easier, there are at least two secret escape routes built within it (that are littered with traps that only I can deactivate), it is connected to a separate "War Room" with an interactive table shaped like a map of Dereth (which can add markers and pieces to identify different factions, their borders and their forces/resources), there's an area dedicated to meeting my business partners (where I can also offer refreshments), there's another separate area connected to my office which allows me to live there (like my own apartment) which contains a large and hidden safe woven for my soul exclusively, and a permanent Silence spell cast on the whole office (or something that uses charges to cast the spell). Style: it is very practical and has no decorum whatsoever. The only things that are luxurious are there for the sake of important meetings with business partners (nice chairs that change shape for its user, different types of alcohol and pipe-weed available, refrigerated juices from across the continent, etc.). There are two windows which offer a woven view of a nice landscape you could find near Glenden Wood and the weather changes accordingly to Holtburg's. Special note: remember the cell I was put in because the Order claimed I was a warmonger? It had a time warping spell on it which made time pass faster in the inside. I want that, if I can afford it, for my office. I made a deal with the General, so I'll ask him if he can help me acquire this "feature" and maybe reduce its cost.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Choose the three best and trustworthy bureaucrats I have (who are not interested in bribes and such) and have their office move next to mine. These are now my personal secretaries. They will be among the few people allowed to step in my office.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- I hire my own cook/butler (double check with Sareth to make sure he or she is trustworthy). They will be allowed within my office and will also serve my partners when needed.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Let's buy some antidotes to any poison my cook might use. Juuuuuuust in case. Could I have some in my stock?
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Let's put up a cafeteria for my employees. I want to cater to every race possible. It has to be a nice environment for them to be in where good food is served. Might as well get back some of the money I pay them with.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I give Sareth an important task: weed out the other conspirators within the Exchange. We know they're here and probably plan to take control over the Exchange.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- We'll have to rely on something else other than gold to ensure our employees' loyalty. Which is why I'm setting up a secret movement: the Gilded Masters. The Masters is a movement of like-minded individuals who are prepared to go to great lengths to ensure the freedom of all sentient beings, even at the cost of "prosperity and order" (kind of like the Assassins in Assassin's Creed, but with the ruthlessness of the Templars). Its members are, for the moment, all handpicked by Zeiss and Sareth themselves. They are elite individuals who excel at their own field of expertise: combat, infiltration, scouting, management, persuasion, etc. You can't apply to become a Master, you're always put forward as candidate by one of its members. However, once you're in, you're given two things: a woven gilded ring of copper which is automatically destroyed when removed from your hand (or when your hand is cut, or if you die, or any other circumstance)... and the truths about Primus that have been discovered up to this point. That knowledge includes: the existence of several organizations (the Pinnacle, the Supremacy, the Directorate, the Eleven, etc.), the Phoenix spell, the Scions, the suspicion that the Pinnacle is governed by one or many Scions who rewrite the memories of the inhabitants of Dereth, Gaerlan, the Lassels, the death of the green mages 14 years ago and everything else I can't think of right now. Since this group is very selective, all of its members will have a name (I can take care of naming the members if you prefer) and have no interest in personal gain. Of course, since this world is crumbling as we speak, the Masters will also be charged with the mission to preserve the existence of Dereth, so we won't be recruiting only from within the Exchange, but also from other organizations and nations. Each time the movement finds a potential candidate, we'll take our time to make sure they won't betray us (and scan them for any device once they joined us). Another caveat: we accept Desolate members. We'll figure out a way to hide their condition before we recruit any of them, but I want to make sure every member is aware of that fact. 

1. Immediate goals of the movement: scout out potential candidates from within and without the Exchange, free the Exchange from external influences, expand the Exchange's reach to ensure a continuous source of income (and resources) and build up the Masters' power base by infiltrating the military, economical and political factions. 
  2. Long term goals: foil the Pinnacle's plans, stop the war, and kill the remaining hostile Scions who still live (or at the very least disable them). 
  3. Philosophy: the Gilded Masters are the protectors of freedom. However, they know that their own freedom cannot supersede everyone else's, which is why they attempt to strike a balance between their own ambitions and the well being of others. If nothing else, a selfish Master would help the poor and the weak for good publicity and protect himself from any revolution. While a Master might use blackmail against one particular target, or even murder, they will never take an innocent hostage. The people who are not part of the "game" are to be left alone. At most, a Master could lie to their target and imply they will hurt their loved ones, but they will never follow through with that threat. It's also acceptable for a Master to have subordinates to order around, as long as some form of oral or written contract has been made (no slavery). A Master is also someone who believes that the general population should be entrusted with certain truths (the existence of the Phoenix Spell for example) and learn how to deal with it. The only thing that prevents Zeiss from revealing the truth about this matter is the lack of proof and the fact that the Order would probably grow stronger following this revelation. If he could avoid that, he would most certainly make sure that everyone learns about this spell and attempt to guide the citizens of Dereth towards a solution as to how to deal with it. One last thing: all Masters are given the right to use the Hub.

• -Zeiss is personally involved- Find out if Biggs, Wedge and Qui-Gon would make good candidates for the Gilded Masters. It doesn't mean we're going to recruit them right away, but only start the process of "reviewing their intentions". That will be the same for all candidates. I'm always, always, on the lookout for candidates. If you think any NPC I encounter would make a good addition to the movement, feel free to notify me and I'll add them to my list of candidates. The other Masters can also make their own suggestion as to who to recruit.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Sareth and our most trusted spies will try to find Zeiss' father.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Any employee who is still working for someone else other than the Exchange (the remaining 5%), even after I made my two previous offers, are going to be given a new job by the Criminal Headhunting Task Force at another company. They're definitely going to work for someone else now. If they refuse this new job, I'll just fire them. However, let's wait until the task force is set up before I do this.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Once there's no fighting, my two black mages will go back to training people. Also, anyone that signs up for this training has to accept a magical contract that they will offer X years of working exclusively for the Exchange with a slightly reduced salary than what they would usually get. Because it's free training.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:56 am; edited 10 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:17 am

For your convenience Arch I'm reposting my last substantive post from the Javan fight thread talking about the Order survivors and what I'll do with them, my report to command, and what Kolson is currently doing.

Kolson Wezrae wrote:I'm going to include them in the report as the only survivors. We'll treat them, keep them out of the way, and then let them go at the end of the fight. We only need the one. That way we can decide what to do with the leader at our leisure. And if we end up letting him go later, well the confusion of the battle and all that. Clearly some kind of mix up, what can you do? Also, we are criminals, we do criminal things I guess.

I'll dictate a report about our rescue and recovery efforts of the unknown airship and how many survivors there were (whatever is left minus the one we are keeping captive) along with my belief that there was some kind of accident with a new Order weapon that they were testing under the guise of hunting rogue elementals which ended up destroying their ship and killing a number of their crew. I'll have it sent to the Lady of Holtburg's command immediately.

And then I'll return to commanding the Exchange troops in the battle. I hope Higaide will join me again as his help is invaluable.

Once the fighting is over, I'm going to organize and lead a salvage team to recover what we can from that Order airship. Anything we could use to build our own at a later date will be taken.

Once that's done, I'm going to organize a looting gang and hit up some aristocratic mansions. I bet we could get some good loot out of it since they won't have time to get rid of everything. I'm talking the equivalent of ripping the copper wire out of the walls if we have to. In case it isn't clear, we'd only hit the properties of the traitors.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:19 am

Here, I'll help too! We're so helpful! Help, help, help, help, help the recovering GM!

My actions for the week:

Actions for the battle:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:45 am

The First Battle of Holtburg was barely a footnote compared to the horrors of the frontline of the War... but it was unnerving nonetheless to have conflict so close to home.  The very word 'war' was still alien to most tongues, and the concept of a large scale battle inside the city walls unfathomable.  Many lives amongst the victorious and conquered both succumbed to drink, insanity, and suicide.

The Separatists were well positioned, with well equipped troops, generally out-classing the Nationalists.  In a straight up fight the Separatists would have won handily, but for Zeiss' manipulations and Kolson's leadership on the side of the Nationalists.  The maneuvering does not go as well as it could, but thanks to a few key deceptions and betrayals, Zeiss and his Avatar manage to help turn the tide at a critical moment; right when the Order arrives with a small Corvette, intent on capturing the rogue Elemental Javan.  This effort is foiled, though barely, removing both Javan and Higaide from the remainder of the battle and distracting Kolson at an inopportune time.  Sensing the moment, the Separatists unveil one of their trump cards; they had bribed a significant number of the Nationalist forces to turncoat at the right signal.  An entire Company of Nationalist troops is lost, bloodying the streets and forcing a fighting retreat back up the northern streets.  Fortunately upon Kolson's return and Zeiss coordinating, Gretta's troops are called in to help stabilize the situation, with Higaide backing them up.  Thanks to Higaide's offensive firepower and the flanking and maneuvering of Gretta's troops, the fighting grinds down to a stalemate for several more hours, allowing Rory and his inexperienced but eager troops time to get into position and appear from the Hidden Veil, charging straight into battle.  Rory's troop performs astonishingly well, taking advantage of the element of surprise to massacre an entire Line of the Separatist forces.  This sudden absence allows Kolson to reposition, and begin flanking the remaining halves, forcing them up against the walls of their other troops.

Surrounded and battered, the commanders of the Separatists face a choice of fleeing or going down fighting.  A few do flee, either on foot or the rare wealthy individual utilizing Woven items to try and escape, but the majority stand and fight, refusing offers of surrender or clemency (if such are given at all) and instead fighting until they are slain to the last, leaving the pavement slick with red.

In the chaos of the finale, Zeiss and Kolson both slip away in their respective directions.  Zeiss actually finds one of the fleeing Commanders and faces the opportunity of helping him escape, solidifying his position within the Separatists.  Kolson, similarly, faces the option of immediately arranging that salvage and plunder gang, or returning to the Lady Hammersmith and pursuing that angle instead.  Higaide is most likely with Kolson, though his actions are his own of course.

Rory and his boys did take some losses, several Humans and Mosswarts having died in the fighting.  The survivors seem to be in shock from the carnage, partially elated from the adrenaline, partially horrified.  

Javan has arrived at the Veil, alone, finding it virtually abandoned.  He returns to his own quarters and rests upon his bunk, crystals glimmering in the moonlight, spear lying upon his lap.

More To Come:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:52 am

Wouldn't my betrayal make it... huh, useless to solidify my position within the separatist faction? Or has my involvement gone unnoticed since many, if not almost all, of the mercenaries died?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:01 am

Zeiss is of course well aware of the fact that, as a sneaky person with a high Deception, it was quite easy for him to betray the Separatists without being caught by anyone still alive, let alone this lone Commander who is at this moment acting like Zeiss and he are allies desperately escaping the tyrannical enemy of the Nationalists.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:05 am

Oh, well... good thing I have this exceptionally high deception.

I help the Commander escape. We use an escape route through the Veil I had previously prepared just for this.

Also, I'm happy to see we were critical to this battle. I didn't think we would make such a big difference.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 am

That's quite the predicament but I'll choose the long view and start working the politics angle. I'm thinking a medal, a large sum of cash, and some political concessions would be nice. Specifically, is there a way here to get the Lady's General to stop hitting Country Express without specifically embarrassing anyone? I'd like to complete that quest without further bloodshed if possible.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 am

Just thought about that: I think Kolson should wait at least a day before he goes to the Lady to claim any reward. Lots of people died, many were betrayed and everyone is traumatized. Just my advice.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:40 am

That seems like good advice to me. I'll wait a day and then do my thing.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Rory was always a warrior first, a fighter at heart.

He'd never seen the ground so wet after a fight, nay not even damp or beyond splattered. The battle cries and the screams of dying men blurred together in a disunited chorus of a true violent skirmish. A coup, a war. Later on, he would reflect on the scale of it, daunted for the first time by his imagining what all-out war was like. Tides of soldiers. Pitched battles on a grand scale. More blood. More screams. The ground had become so wet. The boy who tempted the scenery of his room at the inn in Thramada with his futile imaginings seemed so naive after today. And then he thought of the attack on Stonehold. How much worse it might have been for the whole region to be devastated. He did have one easy thought during the fight: looking down at a listless, sky-gazing mosswart, he remembered thinking, this can't even close to what it was like for you.

When the end had finally come, when there were no more enemies in sight to defend from, his green troops were panting - from shortness of breath, some from exhilaration. When the bandits shouted with glee and bravado, happy to have lived through the day, several joined them.

Then all looked toward him. After all, he had led them to this. He had commanded them to do this. Were they as appalled by his direction as he and they both were at the grisly change of scenery? As high on life as he was on his ability to not only fight, but lead competently? Finally, he addressed the host of made men:

"First we tend to our fallen comrades. Get carts, make litters, get them to the Veil any way you can. The rest of you, take what you can of value to the Veil to be sorted."

Later, with the dead prepared for the funerary customs of their surviving kin or as deemed appropriate by race, Rory has the men assemble after their tasks are completed. He pauses for what appears to be a moment of silence as he formulates a beginning to a speech. "The Exchange owes everyone here, alive or passed on, a debt it cannot match. To each and every one, you have my deepest thanks for choosing to stand with us in one of our darkest hours. I am proud of all of you. Your bravery, your effort, and your loyalty to the person standing next to you. If you drink, drink to whatever you want tonight, but tonight I drink to you."

He salutes the sea of soldiers and leaves to go and meet with the other core members of group. He almost regretted that he wouldn't be staying much longer to lead them.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:51 pm

Higaide is with Kolson for the time being.

The salvage operation sounds interesting, but he'll excuse himself from the looting.

He also doesn't look too happy with himself, and will probably zone out once or twice, until - "Hey..." - he asks Kolson - "what are we doing here?".

His tone sounds slightly off, maybe to be expected from someone who's exhausted after a long battle, but with a different kind of weariness to it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:52 pm

"Fixing problems, as always. Though we were more involved in this one than we meant to be." Kolson takes off his hat and wipes his forehead with the back of his hand. It doesn't do much to remove the dirt or grime of days worth of hard-fighting and the look of disgust on his face shows what he thinks of that.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:29 pm

Just an idea: instead of a material reward, maybe Kolson could feel out the possibility of being named a General.

Just think a bout the possibilities. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:57 am

I thought about it but being enlisted as an officer may have problems of its own. Like getting assigned to the front or some other shit assignment. I'll take my public acknowledgement of military leadership skills without any of the corresponding military responsibilities any day.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next