Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 23 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Before I answer anything, you guys are really speaking about Breeze in front of him?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Uh...no.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Ovalen replies to Konrad, "There are three women and five men. I think. That's about the only description I can give."

He seems to be telling the truth.

Whenever Ovalen has been dismissed, Breeze will reply to Mihai in a joyful tone.

"Sure thing."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:27 pm

ooc:

"I don't expect we'll be able to do it more than once. After that, they'll know something's up. Even if they send out, like, four, we'll still have to wrap it up quick as we can, and move on to the fort before they get suspicious. Now, if it works, and Breeze can lure them to a spot in the Forest where they can be easily ambushed..." - he glances at Fedler, implying he'll be counting on her knowledge for that - "We might be able to press enough of an advantage that they'll surrender."

Half a second's pause.

"Even if that does work, though, we'll still need to bind and secure them. The militia will have to watch over the prisoners while we move in on the fort proper." - he looks at Saemon this time.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Saemon nods at Mihai, and replies,

"I can get Igor's boys and my other scout to look over any thief we imprison. That's four more people on our side, but let me warn you; they've had no martial training whatsoever. I can give them a few rusty sword we have in stock, but with no armor to go along with it, they won't look as intimidating as we could hope." He looks at the three of you, and adds in a joking manner, "Unless you can magically summon some armor out of thin hair?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Mihai chuckles.

"Well, even if it works, i doubt we'll have a big catch." - he considers something - "Though i guess it'll depend on how valuable Breeze is to them. Either way, they'd be bound and unarmed."

He has a rather grimm idea. He takes a breath before saying it.

"I know where to get some more equipment, but you won't like it." - he glances apologetically at Fedler - "The bodies of the previous Adjunct lie north of here. With the wolf around until just yesterday, i doubt they've been scavenged. I don't like suggesting it, and there's no telling in what condition it'll be in - though some bloody gear will probably make your men look scarier, if they can stomach it. And though it's technically robbing the dead, this was initially their job, so i doubt they'd object. Plus, we've avenged them already. We can give them a proper burial later, as way of apology."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 pm

Saemon frowns. Velstar and Irving look at each other, Fedler attempts to maintain a stoic expression, and Yen appears curious.

"That could work," admits Saemon. "I know my people, and they wouldn't need much convincing. They would look the mercenary part, that's for sure; as long as they don't fight. They're eager, and they will fight for you if you ask them to, but I'm not sure whether they'll be more of a hindrance than any help."

He pauses to think for a second.

"Nine of us against the eight of them."

"Ten of us!" interrupts Breeze. "I'm coming, of course."

"Oh, sure. So ten of us."

"More like nine and a quarter," says Velstar with a smile.

"Heh! I resent that!"

"Still," adds Saemon in an effort to guide the discussion back to the matter at hand. "With all of us, do we still go for an ambush, or do we bluff about our superior manpower?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:12 am

"Well, both. I'm not about to squander any advantage, but i won't get your people in harm's way if they can't fend for themselves. I'd be loathe to waste their lives while trying to spare the enemy's." - he reasons - "If they'll be willing to arm themselves and put on a show, that'll be good enough. We'll get Breeze to lure the enemy out, to a spot where we'll have them surrounded - preferably where we hold the high ground, or the terrain advantage otherwise. We halt them, show our numbers, and demand their surrender. If they see themselves at that big of a disadvantage, it just might work. If it does, we take them back to the village or some secure place where your men can watch over them. If they decide to fight regardless, your men retreat while we take care of business. It's important that they stay out of sight until we spring the trap though. We'll only have one shot at it."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:00 am

"That seems like a good plan to me. Better many smaller battles than one iffy big one."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:41 am

Fedler lifts Yen from her knees and puts her on the floor. The little girl is now displaying a long dark braid with a blue ribbon holding it together. Her aunt approaches the table, and says with a matter-of-fact tone,

"I think it's a good plan. But if we're gonna use Breeze as bait, aren't we gonna have to tell Saemon's people about her?"

The little fairy tilts her head.

"Is that a problem?"

The hunter shrugs. "Not to me. Are you guys okay with that?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:08 am

"I don't see why that has to be a thing. Your men don't need to know the whole plan and Breeze herself doesn't necessarily have to enter the clearing. I'll also point out that we can position the men out of sight, since all we need them to do is move plants around and make a lot of noise during the confrontation and to pull guard duty after.

If they still insist on asking too many questions we'll just tell them our friend is a Coin agent working from the shadows, which is true enough if you think about it, and that any more questions are most unwelcome given the nature of their work."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:19 am

Breeze is hovering in the middle of your group, head upside-down, which makes Yen giggles.

"I don't get it. Why do I have to keep hiding myself? I'm sure they could make great friends!" She extends her arms in a merry manner. "You guys have been telling me to keep hiding, and I missed most of the festival! I'm not gonna have to do that forever, right? That's no different than Marie's library."

She pouts.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:33 am

"I see what your saying Breeze but not everyone is as cool as we are. What happens if someone, say Marie, insists that you are property or that there is more benefit to experimenting on you than leaving you be? What if they take you against your will? Yeah, we'll try to help you out but what if the government agrees with them? What then? Do we go on the run forever? Literally none of our laws or customs were made with non-humans in mind. To say there will be a great debate is an understatement. A war could start over this."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:32 am

Konrad just folds his arms as the conversation unfolds around the idea of capturing the thieves. It was true that they couldn't count on springing a trap from within the fort.

"Luring all eight birds out of the bush. I like it."

"We shouldn't even have to answer. They should have that much loyalty to their commander to begin with when they signed up for their job."

"Even with ten of us against eight of them, we can't count on the skill of the Waterglass militia in guarding them. Even in surrender, one of them could easily bolt, and our priority isn't just 'as many as we can capture,', but to terminate all of them. Not one can escape. If we happen upon the risk of allowing any one of our targets to live at the expense of one 'bird' escaping the hand, I wouldn't leave the outcome to chance. Which reminds me of the one that must have freed Breeze. Will he go for it? Can we count on him being worried for her safety? He might not be interested, or he might see through the ruse."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:13 am

"Like i said, i very much doubt all eight will come. As for Breeze, Fedler and Steve have a point. Maybe after the Oracle's gone, it'll be safe enough for you to make yourself known, but while she's here? That's just asking for trouble. Not to mention she can already Consult anyway - who knows what she knows by now. Then again, though Saemon's men will have to stay far enough out of sight for this to work anyway, the risk of them spotting her and raising a fuss is kinda substantial; and if that happens, the whole plan could be ruined. We may have to let them in on it beforehand, if this is to work. Preferably, after we've entered the forest; less chance of anyone eavesdropping that way."

He turns to Saemon - "Can they be counted on to keep a secret for a few days?"

short version:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Breeze keeps pouting for a while after she hears the various explanations as to why she should stay hidden for now, but she makes no attempt to object. Instead, she flies over to Yen and sits on her shoulder with a sad look on her face.

Konrad wrote:"We shouldn't even have to answer (I guess you meant ask?). They should have that much loyalty to their commander to begin with when they signed up for their job."

Saemon responds in a matter-of-fact tone. "Yes, and the job they signed up for is the protection of Waterglass, not the retrieval of a secret document originally stolen on foreign land. No worries though; they'll go for it."

Konrad wrote:Which reminds me of the one that must have freed Breeze. Will he go for it? Can we count on him being worried for her safety? He might not be interested, or he might see through the ruse."

Breeze suddenly lights up. "Yeah, we should be kind to the person who freed me! That must be a good person!" She tilts her head. "I have no idea who did it though."

Mihai wrote:"Can they be counted on to keep a secret for a few days?"

The chief ponders for a few seconds. "...I could keep them quiet for a few days, if need be. Not much of a problem. That's not the sort of secret many people would believe anyway, so they know they should stay quiet about it, if for no other reason that they would probably look like fools if they ever babbled about it."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:30 am

"Is there anything else? If not we should get going."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:24 am

ooc:

Dipping his head in exasperation, Konrad closes his eyes to roll them so no one can see. The chief was right, though. Outside of Myr, you aren't raised to be a warrior ready for any kind of trouble - you "sign up".

Zeiss wrote:Breeze suddenly lights up. "Yeah, we should be kind to the person who freed me! That must be a good person!" She tilts her head. "I have no idea who did it though."
Konrad brings one hand up from his crossed arms to scratch his chin. This just keeps getting more difficult.

Kolson wrote:"Is there anything else? If not we should get going."

"Just a few things I want to make sure we covered. After staging a successful ambush, we sneak into the fort through the back entrance. The three of us can handle the people who stayed behind, and get that journal as well. Fedler and the chief should both keep an eye on the fort just in case people come running - take care of them in whatever manner you see fit, but don't let them escape."

"I believe we're ready to get started."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 am

ooc:
K