Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 22 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 22 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by K Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:55 pm

That was stated intent, Rory, not a log of what actually happened. I never got around to getting a room.

I usually have a good memory for text, but i have no recollection of that second paragraph.

"When someone has a vendetta, they use a hatchet or a really big sword. They don't slink around, planting really expensive-looking explosive devices on separate people who didn't have anything in common until a few days ago. No, this is someone wanting us to keep quiet. The only big information we have right now is knowing the Wolf wasn't mad; and if we do our job, we'll have access to a journal that someone wants pretty badly to remain secret. The people behind the Elemental, or the Oracle. The two aren't mutually exclusive either."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:28 pm

OOC:

Saemon replies to Konrad, "I... don't think it's a good idea to enter Fedler's house without her permission. The mayor is waiting for us at the city hall anyway."

He listens to Mihai's theory.

"If this Oracle really arranged for these coins to come into Konrad's and Steve's possession, how did she do it? She's not particularly sneaky, nor are the bodyguards following her."

For Konrad:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:05 am

"Well, I wasn't alone last night." Steve blushes and continues, "A woman named Calla passed the time with me, if you know what I mean. Perhaps she planted it while I was asleep. Even if she has nothing to do with this maybe she saw something. I bet I could find her again. Ever heard of her Saemon?"

Steve gives a description of the young woman. Just to clarify for those looking back she speaks with a Lorinthian accent. I, the player, accidentally confused the actual accent with a different language that is spelled similarly but is different. My bad.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 am

Saemon frowns.

"No, I haven't. With the wolf lurking in the forest, I haven't been able to keep track of all the travellers coming through the village. She's definitely not from here, that's for sure. A Lorinthian accent is quite distinctive."

Description of Calla given by Steve:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:00 am

Zeiss wrote:Saemon replies to Konrad, "I... don't think it's a good idea to enter Fedler's house without her permission. The mayor is waiting for us at the city hall anyway."
"But, I never said without her permission, chief."

K wrote:That was stated intent, Rory, not a log of what actually happened. I never got around to getting a room.

I usually have a good memory for text, but i have no recollection of that second paragraph.
ooc:

K wrote:"When someone has a vendetta, they use a hatchet or a really big sword. They don't slink around, planting really expensive-looking explosive devices on separate people who didn't have anything in common until a few days ago. No, this is someone wanting us to keep quiet. The only big information we have right now is knowing the Wolf wasn't mad; and if we do our job, we'll have access to a journal that someone wants pretty badly to remain secret. The people behind the Elemental, or the Oracle. The two aren't mutually exclusive either."
"All right, fair enough. But I don't have any hatchets or very large swords, do I?" he replies with a wink.

Kolson wrote:"Well, I wasn't alone last night." Steve blushes and continues, "A woman named Calla passed the time with me, if you know what I mean. Perhaps she planted it while I was asleep. Even if she has nothing to do with this maybe she saw something. I bet I could find her again. Ever heard of her Saemon?"

Zeiss wrote:Saemon frowns.

"No, I haven't. With the wolf lurking in the forest, I haven't been able to keep track of all the travellers coming through the village. She's definitely not from here, that's for sure. A Lorinthian accent is quite distinctive."
"Ah, I remember her. Sadly, the last I saw of her was when she left the festivities hand-in-hand with Steve. Maybe we could ask the innkeeper? My opinion though, I say it would be better for all of us if we just carry on, and leave this alone. If it were me, I'd want my targets to come looking for me, and right now it's just a distraction."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:10 pm

Saemon wrote:"If this Oracle really arranged for these coins to come into Konrad's and Steve's possession, how did she do it? She's not particularly sneaky, nor are the bodyguards following her."

"It's just one possibility, and just based on circumstance. And you're right, she doesn't quite fit the bill. No, my main suspicion falls elsewhere, but it's too sketchy just yet to say, not to mention outrageous."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Saemon raises an eyebrow at Mihai.

"Well, standing around in a circle is not doing us any good. Since you three seem to have everything under control, I'll be going at the city hall, where Fedler must be waiting for us and wondering where the hell we went. Just don't make us wait for too long, please."

He opens the door.

"Two suggestions; get rid of this coin, and take a bath. If we're going to fight these thieves of yours, I would prefer that my comrades-in-arms smell something other than sex."

The chief has now left the room.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:21 am

With the coin now back in his possession, Konrad tips an invisible hat to the others and makes for the communal bath like Saemon suggested. It is implied that he will take a bath.

He intends to later show up at the city hall.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:14 am

Steve will shrug. Mihai and Saeman's suggestions seem sensible to him. If Konrad doesn't mind, the black mage will take care of the remaining coin the same way he did the other--by destroying it in the field away from everyone else.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:01 am

"Thanks, I think I will hold onto it for now," he answers with a wink.

ooc:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:48 am

ooc, rory:

Mihai frowns in embarrassment at Saemon's remark, for just a second.

To Konrad - "Please don't mind if i stand at least fifty feet from you while you're carrying that thing. I'd avoid crowded areas too, lest you take someone with you."

"That being said, i really feel left out now. I want my coin too."

plan:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Mihai and Konrad will leave for the bath. It appears most people have decided to sleep in today, because there's almost nobody out right now. Once they're clean, Konrad will head for the city hall while Mihai stays behind to enact his plan.

Nobody put any coin in Mihai's inventory while he was in the bath, and no one even tries to approach him when he walks down the street. It dawns on him that if anyone wanted to plant a coin on him, they would have done so during the festivities.

Konrad enters the city hall and finds a few people there; Saemon, Irving, Fedler, Velstar and Yen. Fedler is sitting at one of the benches with Yen on her knees, and she is plaiting the little girl's hair. As for the other three, they were in the middle of a conversation which was interrupted when the red mage entered the room.

All of a sudden, Breeze appears out of nowhere and flies right into Konrad's face to give it a hug.

"Goldgiver! Oh!" She sniffs him. "You smell so nice!"

The strength of her hug doubles.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:49 pm

"Sigh... worth a shot, i guess." - deciding it would do no good to keep trying, Mihai just heads back to the city hall.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Mihai enters the city hall not long after Konrad. He sees the fairy hugging the red mage's face.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:32 pm

"Careful, Breeze. He could explode any second." - he mumbles casually as he walks in.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 pm

"Nonsense!"

She keeps hugging him.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:14 pm

After sitting in his room for a while Steve decides to make a copy of the poem for the innkeeper. Might as well fulfill that promise while he waits for his friends. If he finishes the copy before the others decide its time to hit the fort, he'll present the copy to the innkeeper and then seek them out. If not, they'll find him in his room hard at work on the copy so that it looks nice (or is at least legible).
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:31 pm

Steve actually finishes the copy while Mihai and Konrad take a bath. The innkeeper is grateful to the young mage, and promises to tell the bards coming through the village about it.

Once Steve leaves the inn to seek out his companions, he will find them entering the city hall.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 am

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:38 am

Mihai wrote:To Konrad - "Please don't mind if i stand at least fifty feet from you while you're carrying that thing. I'd avoid crowded areas too, lest you take someone with you."
"Don't worry, I'll be careful with it. I'll skip it across a pond if I sense a signal."

Town hall
Konrad laughs and pulls the fairy off his face. "That's the kind of full-body hug I could do without, young lady. My neck or my arm will do, next time. I may even have a preference, we'll see."

"Alright, chief, mayor. Shall we first discuss your support in our assignment at the abandoned fort, when we shall head out and all those details? Out of curiosity, would anyone happen to know what the fort was once called?"

skill:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:36 pm

Breeze pouts.

"But I wanted to hug the face..." She takes a look at Mihai, then quickly adds, "Oh, nevermind!"

Suddenly more chipper, she flies towards Mihai and decides to sit on his shoulder. She smiles at him, and starts to fondle his ear.

"They're so much bigger than mine..."

"Nobody remembers the fort's true name," interrupts Velstar, which grabs the attention of the fairy. "It was built before the Flood, and considering its size, it was only a small outpost of the Empire. People around here call it what it is; the fort."

Irving coughs, and invites the party to join him at the table around which Saemon and Velstar are also standing. Fedler is still sitting on a bench and plaiting Yen's hair.

"As it was agreed, Saemon and Fedler will accompany you on this mission," explains the mayor. "They will follow your lead on this matter, but I hope you won't have to resort to violence. Nevertheless, your warrant authorizes any course of action you deem necessary, and even though we have the authority to disallow the legitimacy of this mission within our borders, we have no intention of doing so. Saemon?"

The chief nods at the mayor, and brings out a crude map which he puts on the table.

Link to the map

"This is something I drew this morning with Fedler's help. Not going to win any award I know, but it'll do for your purposes. On the left is a representation of the fort, and on the right is its basement. It's sitting on a hill, surrounded by forest. Now, dear Yen told us she used to play there..." The little girl gives a shy smile at the party. "...and she said that the wall from one of the cells has crumbled, giving away to a passage that leads outside. Now, the cells are packed with old equipment that hide this passage, so if we're lucky, the thieves don't know about it."

Someone opens the door to the city hall and enters. Breeze hides away.

"Right on time. How are you doing Ovalen?"

This is a young man in his late-teens, and the three of you realize that you have seen him before; he's the one that was holding the ladder on which his female coworker was standing, then fell because of his inattention.

"Quite tired," he yawns. "But I did as you asked."

He notices the party.

"I'm reporting to them?"

"Please do."

"Okay. Well, I've been on watch since last night. Everything was fine until the end of my shift when someone climbed over the north wall to enter the fort. I don't know how many of them they were, one or two maybe. They may have slipped away from the fort last night, or they're entirely new people. Not sure. But by the activity I've seen down there, the whole group doesn't seem to have moved."

"Eight of them, armed with short swords?" asks Fedler. " Two of them wearing leather armor?

"That's it. Except that one guy, he didn't carry any weapon. Nothing that I could see from where I was anyway. But I wouldn't be worried; they don't look as tough as you guys."

His eye is fixed on the three of you.

"Now, anything you wanna ask before I drop into my bed? Not sure what else I could tell you though."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 pm

ooc:

"Just to make sure, the Fort does have some kind of entrance that doesn't require climbing, right? Did you manage to see if the climbers actually came from the North or had circled around?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:35 pm

OOC:

"The entrance of the fort is to the south, which is what I was checking. Whoever entered the fort from the north obviously circled around."

"They knew you were there," calmly states Fedler.

"I guess. I tried my best to stay hidden in the bushes, but I suppose it wasn't enough."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:14 pm

"Not so untrained, then. That, or we may arrive to find them all with their throats slit. Hope not."

He pauses for a second.

"As for not resorting to violence, that'd be fine with me. But honestly, i can't think of any leverage we could use to get them to stand down. I guess it's stupid that i had more of an idea of what to say to a Wolf, but once they see they outnumber us almost 2 to 1, they won't feel like they need to surrender. The basement helps; so if we could pick some off first, that'd be great, but we got one bow, three mages and i hope i get another sword before we head out. Not exactly the loadout for quiet and bloodless."

He considers for another second, just to break up the paragraph

"If they heard the festival and figured out the Wolf is dead, maybe they'll send out a scouting party looking for Breeze. We could force a surrender on those, then move in on the Fort with an advantage - then maybe we could strong-arm them. But that's if. If we find them holed up in that fort, now possibly with their guard up... short of shouting that they're all under arrest, i wouldn't know how to even approach the diplomatic angle."

[EDIT]

Then he has an idea.

"Breeze. If it comes to it, do you think you could play the bait so we can divide them? It'd raise the chances of nobody dying."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:06 pm

"Well, since they were climbing over the wall instead of just appearing around the corner, then they must not know about the secret entrance."

He listens to Mihai's spiel.

"Don't know how good Steve is at being quiet. Mihai and our hunter should take point at the secret entrance if we're going to handle them the old-fashioned way. Breeze most certainly could help with that, luring lonely targets into an ambush, but we won't be able to keep that up for long."

"You know, the three of you could act as a shadow team while the rest of us talk our way in, pretend to be one of them - not Saemon, though. He'll have to go with the shadow team, someone will definitely recognize him. So, basically just me and Steve."

Konrad hasn't taken his eyes off of Ovalen. He asks, "So, Ovalen, you're one of the eyes on that fort at all times, I take it. Would you be able to describe in detail what any of these people look like?"

Yo people:

Skill:

Last edited by Rory on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content