Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 25 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 pm

The leader of the group appears slightly annoyed by the question, but she still answers.

"Molly."

The two male thieves answer one after the other; the taller one is called Aleksy, and he has a Myrzen accent, while the shorter of the two, whose appearance is quite frail, is called Sonlake.

As for Calla, she states her name without any sort of emotion. She still avoids looking into Steve's direction.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:14 pm

"Mihai." - he replies

He then goes over to Velstar.

Silver:

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Konrad makes a face, raising an eyebrow at Mihai's promise. "Obviously, we storm the castle. But first, we'll have to find this Frederick." Obviously, we will use the entrance we won't talk about in front of the thieves who don't know about the entrance.

Tsk, tsk, tsk. "Oh, Calla. Calla, Calla, Calla. You put the wool over our eyes, kid. Nearly cost my friend his life, but I hope you realize, it also nearly cost you yours." Huh, I expected these thieves to be much older...the Sam Hill is Calla doing here?

Moving on from her, he'll get on Sonlake's level and take a good, long look at him. What he does next will be determined by what he discerns.

skill:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Velstar:

Molly glares at Konrad, then says, "You attack Fredrick or the rest of our people, and the deal is off. Wouldn't want him to destroy your precious journal now, right?"

As for Calla, she subverts Konrad's expectations, and defiantly replies, "Don't talk about things you know nothing about." She glares at him.

Sonlake backs up a little when Konrad gets in his face. "What? What is it?"

He doesn't share any resemblance to your handler. He does have a Free accent, but so does everyone else who was born in the Free Feathers.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:17 pm

To Molly - "Don't worry, we'll keep our end of the bargain."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Konrad smiles friendly. Still talking to her. "Miss supreme leader of the forty thieves does have a point. Ix-nay on any...iolence-vay. Wow, that is not even a bit funny. Of course, on his side, that goes double for the four of you, I imagine. All we want is a good, clean negotiation." He mocks the turn-of-phrase as if he's pepping himself up for a good old national pastime.

Zeiss wrote:As for Calla, she subverts Konrad's expectations, and defiantly replies, "Don't talk about things you know nothing about." She glares at him.
"Sorry," he apologizes. "People say I talk way too much. Just shooting my mouth off again, meant nothing by it." Knowing smile. Like a wink between people who know things. No more words to her, she wanted me to shut up, so I will.

Zeiss wrote:Sonlake backs up a little when Konrad gets in his face. "What? What is it?"

"Oh, nothing," Konrad says, losing interest in his face. He stands up. "I was just thinking about how weird your name is. Doesn't sound very common."

skills:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Molly raises an eyebrow at Konrad's attempt at humor, but says nothing else.

Calla goes back to glooming.

Sonlake responds with, "Well, nor does Konrad 'Goldgiver' Granger. I didn't really choose my name. Sorry."

Breeze giggles when she hears this, happy with herself.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:21 pm

"Are we only taking Molly then or everyone? If we keep them out of sight until the right moment we may catch their leader off guard. A little dramatic I know, but it would give them less time to plan anything and underscore our advantage when we need it."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:38 pm

"Just Molly. This doesn't really depend on us gaining the tactical advantage anymore. It's in our interest to play it straight."

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:06 pm

"What do we do with them?" asks Fedler while looking at your prisoners. "I'm not sure where Silver should be looking over them."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:14 pm

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:21 am

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:12 am

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:08 am

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:20 am

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:Molly raises an eyebrow at Konrad's attempt at humor, but says nothing else.

Calla goes back to glooming.

Sonlake responds with, "Well, nor does Konrad 'Goldgiver' Granger. I didn't really choose my name. Sorry."

Breeze giggles when she hears this, happy with herself.
"No, I suppose not. You could call yourself something different, but you're always stuck with the names others choose to give. Did they tell you why they chose 'Sonlake'?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:02 pm

He's quite annoyed now. "I've never asked them. So I guess we'll never know, since they're dead."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:14 pm

"Alright, we can annoy each other later." - Mihai cuts in, before someone gets incensed - "Let's go."

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:25 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Velstar is left behind in the forest, 25 meters away from the treeline, with three of the prisoners under her care. Saemon and Fedler don't seem worried that she has to watch over three of the thieves. If any of the party members do express some concern, she will simply smile at them and reply,

"They won't get away."

The rest of your group, along with Molly, approach the fort. When looking at it, you can make out two silhouettes walking on the rampart, and they seem to be observing you. Your prisoner shouts at them.

"Fredrick! We have to talk!"

The two silhouettes stand still for a short moment, then one of them makes a sign with their hand. Molly turns to you and explains,

"He wants to meet in the front."

Bervlin, the woman Saemon sent to the fort to keep an eye on it, meets up with you on your way. She appears to be somewhere in her thirties, and it makes quite a contrast when you put her beside Saemon who is younger than her. The scout starts by saying that she is quite surprised to see you've already captured the thieves who've left the fort, and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Breeze is pleased to succinctly explain the nature of what she is.

"I'm a fairy! Nice to meet you!"

She will keep being awestruck by the little creature, and Saemon's sister will try to give a little more context to what is happening.

When your group reaches the fort, a man with a Lorinthian accent yells at you to stop where you are, 20 meters away from the entrance. He is standing on top of the rampart, along with three other people; two men and one woman. They look a little older than those you captured, and the one you assume is Fredrick appears to be in his forties.

Konrad:

"Molly, how are the others?" he asks.

"They're fine."

His shoulders loosen up a little. Then, he spots Breeze who is sitting on Fedler's shoulder. One of the other thieves suddenly exclaim,

"How the hell did they capture her?"

The leaders raises his hand to shut him up, after which he returns his attention to the party. With a sharp tone, he asks;

"So, how is this going to play out?"

Molly looks at the party.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:48 pm

"Peacefully, i hope. You probably know who hired us, and why we're here. Our contract specifies that we have to take the Journal and neutralize you, but i gave Molly my word i'll do all i can to help you get a job with the Coins. I keep my word."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:03 pm

Fredrick looks back at Molly.

"That was my idea," she explains.

He nods at her, then turns away to whisper to the rest of his group. One of the thieves keeps his eyes fixed on you, and still participates to the discussion.

"Well, that's awkward," comments Fedler, her hand on her bow.

Saemon shrugs, then replies, "I find it relaxing."

Breeze suddenly appears on Konrad's shoulder, then says, "So, who's the woman you were with yesterday? I know Steve was getting the sweet talk from that sneaky girl, and Mihai was grabbed away by Fedler, but-"

"Heh!" interrupts Fedler, a little embarrassed. She then whispers, "Can we not talk about me?"

Breeze ignores her, and with the usual smile on her face, continues with what she was going to say.

"-but I don't know anything about that girl, except that she's a bard."

The militia is trying really hard not to laugh in front of the thieves, and most of them are attempting to hide their smiles by scratching at their jaw or some other random gesture.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:06 pm

"Do we really have to talk about his right now? It's still a sore spot for some of us you know."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Mihai shoots a look back at them. There's no menace in it, but it's got a piercing edge he's never shown before.

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:25 pm

Breeze rolls her eyes.

"Fine, there."

She lifts her finger, and you can hear the distinctive fizzing sound of someone casting a spell. A little spark ignites at the tip of her finger, and it's all over. She turns her attention back at Konrad.

"So you were saying?"

Saemon is awestruck. The thief at the top of the rampart calmly says something to his leader, but they keep talking like if nothing happened.

For Konrad and Steve:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:31 pm

Sonlake Jr.'s response elicits an empathetic grunt from Konrad. "You have my...sympathies."

Later, in the negotiation, Konrad shoots a disapproving look at the tiny creature. "Does this look like the time to be discussing that, young lady? Here's a freebie: no, it is not." Between them on the ground, he adds, "And what you just did, while I admire its effects at the moment, that's what we call, in this situation, 'friendly fire'. You're a smart girl, you can figure out what that means. Please don't do it again."

Calling out to Fred(e)rick, he says, "The job description says we were to come here to end you, Fred. We've rounded up the people you sent out. Instead of taking care of them quick and messy-like, we offered them a chance to get off scott-free, as your partner-in-crime elaborated for you. Maybe you stole something a little extra - gold, valuables. We don't care for any of that. All you have to do is come quietly, and hand over the journal. Maybe give me some card lessons, if you're up for it."

[How shall we handle the skills? Am I the go-to guy for Diplomacy, or should be I assisting one of you?]
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 29 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next