Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the fallout

4 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the fallout - Page 5 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the fallout

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:40 pm

Zeiss:
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:51 pm

Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Zeiss:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Zeiss:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Zeiss:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:56 pm

"Wonderful." He dons his ample cloak and pulls the hood over his head. "Climb inside. Now, can you explain to me how these love orbs are made? It's not something any normal human can make."

Steve would have heard this as they parted. With her tucked away inside his hood, he'll go to the inn partition where his room was rented(freely), but not before grabbing some drinks at the bar(imagining that each building has a bar and lobby - if not, the main building w/bar first, then to my room).
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:09 pm

Steve:

Konrad:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Konrad + Breeze wrote:
OOC:

Konrad will take two of something strong then, and four tankards to go with. "So you keep insisting. 'Globule' is such a cumbersome word, don't you think? Hmm, have you tried this thing called 'Weaving'? Whatever this phenomenon is that allows you to project pure elemental energy must work in tandem with the ability to Weave, since you also create a physical object you can store elements inside. What would happen if it broke? I'm sure Steve is chomping at the bit to find out, so we may need you to do it again. For science."

"Anyway, it makes one wonder who that amazing globule we just handed off to Tom belongs to. Might have something to do with what Marie Lavoie - or that Elemental who was with her - could have wanted with you. It might be something in direct competition with the plans of whomever the Coins are working for...in conflict with the Enclave, perhaps? Eh, no matter, we're rid of her, right? that's what matters."

He yammers on as they move on to the city hall about what gear she wants, where she'll find clothes, if she's any good in a martial confrontation, and how she'll carry it - she'll probably push most of what she can't wear/equip onto him. After all, he is still holding onto her precious cupcakes - and this just got weird.
OOC:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:24 am

Zeiss:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 am

Breeze is a little confused by Konrad's monologue, and she tries to keep up with him

"Uh... I don't know what would happen if it broke. But I'm not going to make another one just because you ask; you gotta earn it!"

She continues to listen, and the expression on her face hardens when Konrad mentions Marie Lavoie.

"She was a lot meaner than I though. I hope everybody forgets about her!" she says like if she just spelled a curse.

On to the matter of her newly admission within the Coins, she lazily moans.

"Do we have to plan everything? You just carry my things, and if we see something I want, we'll just buy it. That's the fun of adventures! We don't need you to bring us all down."

Once you reach the city hall, the fairy falls silent. The first thing you notice are the three bodies on the ground, all covered with blankets to hide them. Sitting on one of the benches, and staring at the thinner silhouette, is Eralda's mentor. He doesn't appear to have noticed you.

Steve:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:15 am

Zeiss:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:42 am

"Well, can you Weave another love globule for Yen?" It's implied he wants to break that, as though what he's asking is of no significance to her.

"I suppose we can keep it simple. I can definitely do that for you. You're going to need something to hit people with, though. Our contracts very often mean we have to hit people. We kinda sorta got lucky before everything went to hell." **

At the inn, Konrad will stand by the bard. "She showed real promise, with that voice. Can't imagine why anyone would come after her. She'd done nothing to no one. Just wanted to enjoy life, and help other people enjoy it."

skill:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:26 pm

Steve:

OOC Konrad:

"She already has a love globule! No need to giver her another one, you doofus."

Breeze then pats Konrad on the ear, like if she pitied him.

To his suggestion, she answers,"I already know what weapon I will use. Looking forward to it!" and then proceeds to make stabbing motions.

Later, at the city all.

Eralda's mentor won't reply to Konrad, or even look at him. In fact, he doesn't even seem to acknowledge his presence; he is simply sitting on the bench, looking with stern eyes at the blanket covering his apprentice's body.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Zeiss:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm

After helping Molly and the others, Mihai will go check on Saemon.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 pm

Hearing the screaming coming from Saemon's house, Mihai goes in. He sees Amelia and Ovalen - the scout who gave an update on the fort earlier this morning and who went to sleep after that- holding Saemon down on a chair. The shackles on his wrists are glowing, and they're not going to dim any sooner; Saemon is screaming with rage at everyone. Velstar is trying to force him to swallow something.

"His mouth! Hold his mouth!" - yells the warden.

"We can't!" replies Ovalen, in panic.

Mihai rushes in and holds his mouth. The three of them are a little surprised at Mihai's appearance, but they are also relieved by it. Velstar now pours some blue liquid into the young man's throat, on which he violently gurgles, and spattering everyone with it. It takes less than a minute for the drug to do its work; Saemon is now uncounscious again. Amelia and Ovalen are in shock. Velstar cleans her face off with her sleeve.

Once Saemon stops thrashing, Mihai turns to Velstar - "Talk to me...!"

She glares at him, then calmly explains. "This is a severe case of Madness. He won't come back from it."

Mihai freezes, then hangs his head. Amelia looks for a chair, stumbles a little, until Ovalen helps her sit down. Velstar is observing Saemon with cold eyes. She leaves the room, searches through a chest, and brings back some ropes. Amelia can only look away as the warden ties up her brother. The old woman approaches Amelia, then softly says, - "We cannot let him stay here; I'll have to bring him to the asylum, first thing in the morning. Do you understand?"

Amelia nods.

"He should stay asleep for at least twelve hours. I'll come back later." Ovalen assures her with a nod of his head that he will look after the young woman. Velstar turns around, takes Mihai by his arm, and forces him to follow her and step outside the house. He doesn't resist.

Once they're in the street, they see that a small gathering has formed. The expression on Velstar's face must say it all, as they don't even ask any question. She lets go of Mihai's arm, then starts walking north, unfazed by all the looks people give her.

Mihai stays frozen in place for a few minutes, then sits down on the nearest bench-like surface, slouched over.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:32 am

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
Steve:

OOC Konrad:

"She already has a love globule! No need to giver her another one, you doofus."

Breeze then pats Konrad on the ear, like if she pitied him.

To his suggestion, she answers,"I already know what weapon I will use. Looking forward to it!" and then proceeds to make stabbing motions.

Later, at the city all.

Eralda's mentor won't reply to Konrad, or even look at him. In fact, he doesn't even seem to acknowledge his presence; he is simply sitting on the bench, looking with stern eyes at the blanket covering his apprentice's body.
[Only a typo. And I chose not to say his name.]

He shrugs. "This 'doofus' never said she needed another one..."

When the bard doesn't answer, Konrad looks his last on the dead, and leaves. He will go to the inn again to find Steve's room, and wait there, assuming he doesn't encounter any commotion.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:46 am

OOC:

Konrad and Steve join up at the room of the latter. You won't be able to find Mihai for at least the next hour.

Breeze has been patiently waiting on Steve's bed. She raises an hand when he comes in the room

"Hi."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:58 am

[OOC: <Kolson reads what happened to Saemon> Damn, Zeiss. Damn.]

"Hello. How are you two holding up?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:39 am

"We're doing fine, all things considered," he answers, pouring a tankard of wine for Steve. "Getting paid with the money that oracle put down in advance would bring my spirits back up to break even. I'm sure our handler wouldn't mind parting with what he's supposed to pay us. After all, it won't do Miss Lavoie any good to return it to her."

One of the bottles is already open. Konrad's lips are dyed a shade ruddier than normal, and he swirls a tankard in his hand with a vigor that suggests it is not full, same with how far he tilts it when he takes a drink.

"Breeze doesn't seem to know how love orbs are made, only that she can make them by projecting her feelings into a ball of light, and voila - complete with glass like a snow globe has. I am certain it involves Weaving - it might even be just that, plus hearts and rainbows. I was suggesting to her a while back that she make a love orb so that we can see what happens if we break it open. We won't be here much longer, so when she's able to create one for any of us, I volunteer we shatter mine. It seems a small sacrifice for the academic pursuit of knowledge."

This is very obviously small-talk, but it seems to Konrad that Steve might have something to talk about besides business and the pleasure of drinking.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Breeze has retracted her wings, somehow, and is now lying down on a pillow, flapping her legs in the air. She listens intently to Konrad, and as soon as he finishes talking, she retorts, "You're really thick, aren't you? I told you I'm not making you a love globule, especially since you just said you're planning to break it."

For the first time since Konrad and Steve met her, she appears to genuinely feel insulted.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next