Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd adventure: Proxy War

4 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

2nd adventure: Proxy War - Page 8 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: Proxy War

Post by K Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 pm

"Also, i'll say again that this job has a hidden variable. I couldn't get it out of our handler, but it's there, so stay sharp."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:38 pm

"We'll need Blue for reconnoitering and coordination. Don't give away our best advantage for no reason. Ice and the others will be fine." It's clear he has absolute confidence in Zelk and her team's ability to handle it. "Right, Ice?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Ice replies with no hesitation. "They won't pose any problem. Besides, if we need healing, we'll regroup with you later."

Blue starts flexing in the air. "This is going to be a piece of cake!"

The agent proceeds to give you the address of both locations.

"The docks are right between these two spots," points out Red. "Should we use the ship as our rendezvous point?"

"I have no objection," replies the lieutenant. "I'll go brief my squad about the situation, and head immediately for the warehouse."

She turns towards your informant.

"Thank you for you assistance."

"You're welcome," he responds. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll stay here and... recover."

OOC:

Thirty minutes later, the party is near the building where your target lives. The building is two stories tall, and he also uses his apartment as an office. There is a sign at the entrance of the first floor with the name of his business written on it; Verdun's Eye. Your informant told you he resides in the south-east apartment of the second floor, and that some of his clients have been seen going in and out of the building, mostly during day time.

Blue goes into reconnaissance, and comes back with the emplacement of the windows, doors, and sewers entrances (just in case). She didn't dare to enter the property to get the layout of the building, or even approach Verdun's windows. The roof is also connected to the next building to the north.

It is now 4:31 PM. It is very windy, and looking up at the sky, it is probable that it will start raining soon.

Layout:
That kind of window:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Alright! We are ready with zee plan!

Description of Alphonse: Thirty-something years old man, short dark hair, blue-green eyes, clean shaven; wears plain clothes (pants, leather boots, white shirt, black jacket).

Review of Whisperer phrases: we were each taught a few signals to send to each other if necessary. Thieve's Cant, if you will (or won't, up to you)
Move, Stop, Door, Trap, Enemy, Friendly, Execute.
Small phrases allowed via signals, such as "Trap Execute"

Positions
Konrad: midway between top and bottom on left side.
Steve: Bottom right.

* First we send Mihai, Fedler, and Breeze into the sewers via east entrance, to spike/stake the basement exit shut, if there is one. Remaining members will hang out in front.
* Then, they will come up and start stealth and enter the apartment to go to Alphonse's office (that's Fedler, Mihai, and Breeze). As he begins, Konrad will count to himself, to 15.
* Konrad will count down the last 5 seconds on his fingers for the others. When he reaches 15, he will nod to the others, and then Steve and Konrad will tie the doors shut. Then, we proceed to spike the windows shut with nails. If we do not see our target trying to escape by then, we will return to our corners and watch for him.

Equipment
* Mihai and Konrad each have one pair of manacles. Mihai is borrowing his from Steve.
* Fedler, Konrad, and Mihai each have one tanglefoot bag.
* Mihai is borrowing Steve's crowbar.
* Mihai also has a mirror. He might be borrowing that too.

Special mention
* Kolson wanted to remind us that he has a whistle, a 10-foot pole, some torches, three red chalks, and four sacks.

NPC directions
* Fedler is encouraged to get in range and throw her bag the moment she sees Alphonse.
* If the fight moves from the second floor to the street below, Fedler will not be jumping down. Instead, she will go to the roof to gain height advantage.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:42 pm

Through careful preparations, the party managed to capture Alphonse Verdun, and after tying him up to his own chair, they proceeded to interrogate him. However, he refused to give up any kind of information, and Konrad decided to use more forceful methods. Steve and Breeze left the room with a bunch of documents they took from Verdun's, which the fairy read at an amazing speed, and discovered that he had been stealing some of the funds handed to the Ruling Council of Zest's Gate with the help of someone on the inside. Just as Konrad was going to start using more violent means of persuasion, under the disapproving eye of Mihai and the frigid gaze of Fedler, Steve came back into Verdun's office with the evidence that Breeze had found.

It didn't take long to convince the "investigator" to give up his secrets. He was indeed working as a middleman for Kira Paddle, and the location of where the exchange would take place was at sea, at a place called Nomad's Cove, 75 km southeast of Zest's Gate. The Lorinth agents were actually traveling on a merchant ship, and would later join Kira Paddle's vessel at the designated rendezvous point to proceed with the exchange. There was only one little snag in all of this; Kira had already left Zest's Gate fifteen minutes ago.

The party rushed back to the Barracuda, not without first leaving Alphonse Verdun tied to his chair, and giving the incriminating evidence to the Free Feathers agent they met a short time ago. Once the adjunct got back to their ship, they noticed that the crew was already getting ready to depart. The captain called for a meeting in his quarters, where Zelk and her squad revealed they had come back from their own mission, and they had learned about the time and location of the exchange, but nothing else.

The Barracuda is now heading for Nomad's Cove, and the trip will take approximately nine hours. Rain is now obstructing the horizon, and the swells are writhing.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:18 am

[I believe Mihai also left the room, while Fedler stayed. For those of you who are reading along, I just barely got a sock in Alphonse's mouth when the others walked in again. Mihai came right up to him and took it out.]

Konrad leaves his cabin to get some air. Sometimes he's strutting, sometimes he's pacing, his thoughts wavering between elation and anxiety over finally catching up to the person who had been the catalyst for the demise of his old crew.

Not exactly in the mood for showing Fedler or Steve how to sail - most of the time it's "tell" rather than "show" while moving on the ocean - he nevertheless finds some time to discuss with them what to do during a storm, given the crew's worries about the clouds overhead and the rain creating a cascading veil in the distance. He gives the two of them over to swabbing duty, or something of that nature to keep them busy, to look for Mihai.

"D, there you are. We're on our way, now. Won't be long until we find ourselves storming the cove, or looking sidelong down the broadsides of a pirate ship."

"How are you right now? When we left Zest's Gate, you were looking very tense." In fact, you seem quite tense right now.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:14 am

Mihai, leaning against one of the masts, says nothing for a few moments, and keeps looking out the water.

Then...

"When we had Verdun, you were looking like you were enjoying yourself."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:46 pm

"Aye, our efforts paid off more easily than we expected. It was an all around cake walk, all things considered. I don't like to, hmm...fish with my bare hands, if you catch my meaning."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:48 pm

"............."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:10 pm

Konrad pulls out his pipe and lights up. He takes a long puff, and upon exhalation, picks up where the young man left off. "I get the feeling you don't really want to open up with me. You keep on waxing laconic like this, and whatever problems you have with another man, any man, will never be addressed - if you have a problem at all. Well I'm calling your bluff, mate. And not because I want to, but because we have to. For our sakes and everyone else's aboard this ship. Well?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Mihai - "Well, what?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:40 pm

Konrad sighs, his patience starting to wear away. But he blows another plume of smoke from his pipe, which gets carried by the wind as the ship sails on, and renews himself. So it's going to be like that, then? Alright. "I'm not dancing around this, D. You got something to get off your chest that concerns me, and I got a friend who's angry with me and I haven't got the faintest clue why. I'm not a fan of riddles, so will you please lay out for me what's got you so put out?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:58 pm

Mihai's stare hardens.

"Breeze and Steve got us the information. If torturing a prisoner for nothing is what you call your time well spent, feel free to share in their credit. But everyone who was there will know better."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:15 pm

Konrad stops mid-inhalation, surprised by the way Mihai chose to word the events that got them here. He regathers himself, and blows more smoke to the wind. "I see. 'For nothing'? That's a convenient perspective, considering how it was thanks to Breeze's ability to read faster than our human brains can think that, what otherwise was necessary, was no longer needed, mate."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Mihai doesn't miss a beat.

"And would not have happened. Not in front of me. Remember that, the next time you get that idea in your head."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:38 pm

And the debate begins, and Konrad puts on his super serious face. "Must be a grand view from up there on your high horse. It may be a distasteful practice, but it works. We'd still be our way to Nomad Cove right now, not because we got lucky and had a fairy with us, but because one of us was willing to do something distasteful, absent the watchful gaze of Mihai the Merciful. The empires of today owe that they still stand in part due to employing the use of torture to interrogate prisoners."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:46 pm

The corner of Mihai's mouth almost breaks into a full blown grin.

"Was that supposed to mean anything?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:07 pm

Knorad raises an eyebrow at the sudden change. "Does it not? And if not, would you care to present a reason why?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Mihai's lopsided grin fades but his eyes don't lose focus.

"Don't care to get swept in your stupid dancing anymore than i care about this captain fantasy of yours, on a ship and crew that were handed to you on a silver platter, and that you keep pretending will mean anything after the job's done. That you keep pretending to have any claim to their admiration or even trust, while not having earned a shred of it. That you come here and presume to lecture me with that diarrhea while keeping up that air of grandeur is the lamest joke i've had ever since i set foot in the Feathers."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:56 pm

Konrad's eyes narrow. "That's where you're wrong, boy. I've rightfully earned trust and admiration from all four of you. You just haven't been paying attention. I'm aware these fancy duds and this magnificent ship were given to me on loan, and I'll earn them for keeps as well. And if you mark any of my words from this little talk between us, these I've just spoken shall trump all the rest. So if you have any already written down inside your head, best wipe the slate clean and take to heart the facts I'm laying down and what I've promised to do."

Konrad takes another long drought from his pipe, and exhales a sigh. "I was sure we were good friends not moments ago, D. You've made me a very sad man today. That'll be all."

He turns to leave.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:41 pm

For Konrad only:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 pm

Mihai and Fedler:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:17 am

Mihai goes up to the Captain's quarters and knocks twice. Firmly.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:44 pm

After a few seconds, you hear "Come in."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:03 pm

The door immediately opens, and in comes Mihai. He shuts it and walks up toward Konrad.

"You were right. We have to."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down