Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 20 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:33 pm

"Oh no," interjects Aemilia. "Ten more minutes at most, right?"

"Yes," confirms Zelk. "He's not the type to make us wait. Not too long anyway."

"My friends!"

This voice, which the party members recognize but are still unfamiliar with, belongs to none other than the minstrel and adventurer Songbird, who is wearing the same outfit as yesterday; a long red coat that goes above a fancy white shirt, dark trousers held in place by a leather belt, and a cavalier hat trimmed with a white plume. The young man spreads his arms, as if he was the one to welcome the group.

"What an expected surprise!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 20 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Rory Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Konrad pivots to face their new acquaintance. "Ah, Songbird! You made it. And where is your friend?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:43 pm

"......."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:58 pm

"Oh, Peewee?" He points at the ceiling, where Breeze and her new fairy friend are both chasing after the fireflies. "As you can see, he's having a lot of fun already."

The other guests give a few curious glances at Songbird, but they quickly lose interest in him despite his unconventional attire.

"My my," remarks Songbird, having just noticed Aemilia. "May I say that you are stunning, my lady. Absolutely stunning."

"Thank you," she says with a smile. "I'm pleased to finally meet you."

"Oh, you've heard about me? Well, I can only hope to live up to your expectations."

The minstrel bows to her, and looks at Konrad from the corner of his eyes. Once he's standing straight again, he asks the red mage, "So you are her little brother, correct?"

Zelk and Fedler can't help but smirk a little.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:02 pm

Mihai doesn't laugh. Just keeps looking down at the guests, like he's zoned out.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

It takes everything Steve has not to laugh at Songbird's insult. Must...hold on...can't laugh and be Konrad's friend...at the same time! he says to himself in internal dialogue.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:05 pm

"Ha!" He genuinely finds some humor in the presumption. "Where are my manners? Let me introduce you to my date, this is Aemilia Avenarius."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:19 pm

"It is an honor to meet you, my lady," responds the man in red. "Please, call me Songbird."

"Songbird?" repeats Aemilia. "Is that your true name?"

"More like a stage name of sorts. I'm sorry, I'm really surprised to learn that you and this gentleman are dancing partners. Back when we met, I wrongfully assumed that him and..." he points to Mihai,"were, you know, a couple. In the romantic sense of the word."

"Oh, really?" says Aemilia, who now gives Konrad an inquiring look.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 pm

Mihai keeps looking at the crowd, ignoring Mr Bird.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Now Konrad is sufficiently shocked out of his generous attitude toward Songird and understands what's going on. "Think nothing of it, my friend. There's nothing wrong with a misplaced notion as long as we are able to get out ahead of them. Wouldn't you agree?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:52 pm

"Of course, of course," joyously replies Songbird. "Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a group of musicians in great need of my expertise." He looks over Zelk, Fedler and Aemilia. "If one of you fair ladies ever feel the whimsical urge to listen to a bit of music, you know where to find me."

He bows once again.

"We'll let you know," answers Aemilia in the most polite tone she can muster.

"Yes, thank you," says Zelk curtly.

Fedler doesn't say anything. Songbird then leaves the group with a smile, and walks towards the group of musicians on the east side of the ball room.

"Very charming..." comments Aemilia.

Last edited by Zeiss on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 pm

"......" - Mihai keeps looking at the crowd, but his stare is now cold.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:10 am

"And yet so transparent," Konrad replies pointedly.

"It hasn't fully sunk in for me that you're the heir to your grandfather's business, Zelk, but the people here seem to be all a titter over you in particular. Just how 'important' of a man is Sean Freeron?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 am

"Yes. He always brings me such joy--I've never been so happy when someone leaves." Steve wishes he had a drink right now.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:17 am

"It's on purpose, i just don't see the angle."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:20 am

Zelk is more than happy to change the subject. "He managed to gather the most wealthy and powerful citizens of the Free Feathers in his manor, for a ball which they paid to be invited at. That's how important he is."

"Hmm," considers Fedler. "...How much?"

"A lot," affirms Aemilia with a laugh."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 am

"Yes, remember what I said about many hats, Konrad? We are going to see a few more tonight I'd wager."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:25 am

"So dancing is a career skill for these people."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:38 am

"Seems like it should be, doesn't it? They're all here to vye for his time, but by being here they've already given him what he wanted." He smiles at Aemilia and says "I wouldn't waste this chance if I were you."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:15 am

To Mihai's comment, Fedler responds with, "More than you can imagine."

Aemilia smiles at Konrad. "The main reason I am here tonight is to have fun."

A little more than half the room has now been filled with guests, who are all wearing elegant suits and dresses, and just as they are beginning to get bored, Sean Freeron makes his entrance. The conversations slowly begin to quiet down once the man exit his office and walks towards the top of the stairs, adorning a luxurious but sober suit which makes him look ten years younger than he is. Even Breeze and Peewee have ceased to fool around for what is coming next. Songbird, who is apparently acting as the maestro of the small troop of musicians, carefully times the music so it would stop at the same time Mr. Freeron does.

Now looking the silent crowd from above, the master of the house gives a warm smile to his guests, and begins to talk in a slow and articulated tone.

"Citizens of Walkerfree and of the Free Feathers, welcome to my home. It means a lot to me that you would come here tonight. These sorts of events are usually reserved for the members of the high society to mingle and socialize, and while these events have their reason to exist, I still felt compelled to give it more meaning by helping those who are destitute." He pauses to take a short breath. "The totality of the money you generously gave for the right to be here will be distributed to the orphanage of Walkerfree, and for this act, I would like to thank all of you. I hope that this action will set an example for others to follow; not only for today, but also for the years to come. Again, thank you."

The whole crowd brings their hands together to applaud, and like a signal, Gwen and the other servants open the doors leading to the buffet, the gallery, and the lounge.

"Now, unless my steward has misinformed me, this is a ball I am holding, so please, dance!"

Right on time, Songbird and the musicians starts a new performance, and the crowd suddenly divides up in two, with the women on one side, and the men on the other.

"This is where we put what we've learned into practice," cheerfully announces Fedler. "Come on, let's go."

Sean Freeron's suit:
OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:50 am

Small talk during the dance:

OOC:

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Mihai and Fedler and... something:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Konrad and Aemilia:

Steve and Zelk:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Approximately one hour after the first dance ended, all the guests reconvene in the ball room for the next event of the evening. If you ask one of the guests about it, they reply that a performance by the minstrel is planned in the next minutes, after which everyone will go back to dancing. Fedler, Zelk and Aemilia all express interest in watching this performance, and they prompt their date to join them there. Breeze and Peewee are also present, and have opted to watch the show from the railing of the second floor, on which they are comfortably sitting on; they both are holding cupcakes in their arms.

Songbird steps on the staircase and climbs a few steps to gain a high viewpoint of his audience, and then signals the musicians to get ready. Some people are still walking into the ballroom, and it shouldn't take more than another minute before it starts.

"Let's see how good he really is," says Fedler with a smile.

"I am eager to find out myself," admits Aemilia, beaming with anticipation.

"Well, it's bound to be an enjoyable performance," surmises Zelk, her eyes fixed on the minstrel.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Mihai looks at Fedler, slightly incredulous - "You remember what the Guardian said, right?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26  Next