Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roads In All Directions: The Cloak

+7
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
K
Z
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
11 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Roads In All Directions: The Cloak Empty Roads In All Directions: The Cloak

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:18 am

The party has encountered a projection of an animated Cloak that has discussed certain things with them. It says it is here to help, but not to carry them nor to be a crutch for them to lean upon. It is currently discussing information and possibilities with the party, and seems adamant that the decision for the next move remain on them, and not it.

You do not know the date or time.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Roads In All Directions: The Cloak Empty Re: Roads In All Directions: The Cloak

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 am

for everyone that's lazy Razz
Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 am

*Z considers the apparitions words. Turning to the group, they launch into the longest speech you can ever remember hearing from them, and you doubt you will hear such a long winded speech again any time soon.*

"I would not have sent him to Segregate before. It is sure death for one so young... hence why so many die, but if he were assured safe travel there, then this would be the best route. The mayors wife and daughter will have a hard enough time living on their own. It is not an easy life for a desolate outside of Segregate no matter where they are. If possible I would not like to make their burden heavier than it already is. We are not in a position to keep the boy with us. Our predicament would only put him in far greater danger, even if we were to somehow mask his desolation. We will let our," *they gesture a hand toward the apparition,* "friend here take him Segregate where he can start anew away from the hatred so many cannot help but feel against him."

*At the last Z turns and looks almost pityingly at Hanuel and Dara. Then gently nudge the boy awake and pull him out of the scarf sling. Sitting him down they kneel before him, and removes their mask.*

"Andrei, I want to ask you something. There is a place I'm sure you have heard of where only other desolates live. You would be welcome and among your own there. You could build a home and a family away from oppression, fear, and bullying. You would be safe there. Would you like to go to this place and start anew?"

"I..." he yawns sleepily. "I dunno, the nice Gnoll told me I could live with his people, and ... someone told me I could go stay with another Desolate child, in Caahleer," he has trouble pronouncing the name. "I don't think they have it well off in this Seegraag...segruh..." he frowns.

*Z comfortingly lays a hand on the boy's shoulder smiling with real warmth.*

"Seh-gruh-get ... Segregate. No child they do not have it 'easy,' but no place you can go will be easy. It is true you could go live with the Gnolls, but they have yet to build their home yet and they live around normals. It is possible you would be thrown out of your home or bullied like you were before. If this is what you want to do I can ... we can help you. There are things which can help hide your desolation to varying degrees, allow you to live a somewhat normal life. They are hard to come by and it would take time to get them. You would have to endure until I... we could get them to you, but if this is what you want I will do that. It is also true you could go to Collier. I cannot guarantee that the nice Troll lady would welcome you. She has a baby girl who is like you, so I don't believe she would turn you away. This is a possibility, but the people of Collier, the Drudges, would be kinder to you than most normals. It would not be 'easy' their either, but we would help you achieve this as well should you desire."

*Z pauses letting the words sink in with the boy and making sure he understands what they meant and all the consequences therein before continuing.*

"The choice is yours, Andrei. Where would you like to go?"

*Andrei appears hesitant. He runs his hands through his hair and tugs on one of his ears.*

"I... I think I'd like to go see this nice lady in Colier, if, um, she'll take me of course. But..." he looks hesitant, "Could I keep in contact with you guys? Especially the nice Gnoll? Letters at least...?"

*Z smiles fondly at the boy, turning the soft smile on Snarg as well.*

"Of course you can. We will have to... work out the details of this, but I for one would enjoy letters from you."

*They turn to the apparition.*

"Tarsella of Firetree is the name of our Troll friend on her way to Collier. She likely has not yet departed for there. She can be found in the town of Karath. Can you take him there and then if the lady is unable or unwilling to take him could you take him to Segregate for me?"

Spoiler:
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am

*Eyes the cloak at where it's eyes should be.*

"One thing i want to know. Does your master intend to bring the world into discord?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:36 am

At Zeiss's word Tabran looks crestfallen how could he have forgotten so easily

Tab looks around for any sign of tracks left behind by the beast.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 am

Zeiss, still looking irritated by the projection's comment, says to Z :

"While you're at it, maybe you can ask our guide what happened to Kez."

He was hungry, so he started to eat one of his ration.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 am

Snarg looks a bit disappointed, but still manages a half-grin. "Eh, right, 'guess that's bein' a good home fer ya if that's what ya be wantin'."

He turns towards the cloaked figure with a frown. "Now, ya be waitin' a minute 'ere. We bein' used by lotsa folks past few weeks, an' now ya offerin' to be takin' o'er? Ya gotta be thinkin' we ain't gonna be takin' that wit' no light thinkin'. I'd rather anyone be leadin' rather than ya if ya ain't gonna give us no help wit' out it," he jams his thumb in to his chest, "Snarg'll be doin' it if we ain't got no choice an' no one else wanna be steppin' up."

He looks around a moment before taking a deep breath and relaxing his posture. "If Order's bein' 'gainst us now, what's happenin' to 'em contracts? I'm thinkin' we're bein' free of 'em now, ya? Wait, wait- what did ya say? Undermarket bein' in shambles? What's been goin' on? Ya ... ya, ain't knowin' what be happenin' to Wildpaw are ya?" he asks leaning forward towards the cloaked figure, eyes wide in anticipation.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Hanuel's fist grips in frustration. "...Who are you working with? The same group torturing people's minds, feeding their suffering and using this twisted elemental energy?"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:39 pm

Higaide wrote:*Eyes the cloak at where it's eyes should be.*
"One thing i want to know. Does your master intend to bring the world into discord?"
"My master was one of the whole when this world was saved from discord and chaos both, spun into organization and order."

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:Snarg looks a bit disappointed, but still manages a half-grin. "Eh, right, 'guess that's bein' a good home fer ya if that's what ya be wantin'."

He turns towards the cloaked figure with a frown. "Now, ya be waitin' a minute 'ere. We bein' used by lotsa folks past few weeks, an' now ya offerin' to be takin' o'er? Ya gotta be thinkin' we ain't gonna be takin' that wit' no light thinkin'. I'd rather anyone be leadin' rather than ya if ya ain't gonna give us no help wit' out it," he jams his thumb in to his chest, "Snarg'll be doin' it if we ain't got no choice an' no one else wanna be steppin' up."

He looks around a moment before taking a deep breath and relaxing his posture. "If Order's bein' 'gainst us now, what's happenin' to 'em contracts? I'm thinkin' we're bein' free of 'em now, ya? Wait, wait- what did ya say? Undermarket bein' in shambles? What's been goin' on? Ya ... ya, ain't knowin' what be happenin' to Wildpaw are ya?" he asks leaning forward towards the cloaked figure, eyes wide in anticipation.
"I have no desire to rule your little band, only the statement that if you are to be productive you should have some leadership, and at current you lack any. As for your Contract, curiously it has already been severed from your souls prior to my arrival. I do not know who or what by." It pauses. "When you speak of the Wildpaw, do you refer to your tribe, or the Clan as a whole stretched across Stonehold?"

Hanuel and Dara wrote:Hanuel's fist grips in frustration. "...Who are you working with? The same group torturing people's minds, feeding their suffering and using this twisted elemental energy?"
"I work for the master, who has no interest in pain and very little interest in the Elements."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:44 pm

"When you speak of the Wildpaw, do you refer to your tribe, or the Clan as a whole stretched across Stonehold?"
"Tribe! The tribe! Last bein' in Al-Eart!"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:48 pm

"Can you tell me where your master stands in regard to those that took our companion and their goals?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:14 pm

in tabs head

ok if the East cost is over there? *tab turns to face north* and the sun is there? that means that it must be about ???

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Higaide wrote:"Can you tell me where your master stands in regard to those that took our companion and their goals?"
"Come on, Higs, we can't do anything about gettin' her back. Only thing we can focus on right now is clearing our names. Now we have no idea where Gremlock is, or what he's up to, but we do have Fierneceal's contact in Holtburg. We should head there and keep our heads down."

Rory then turns toward Fierneceal. "Would your contact be able to help us with this?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 pm

"And what have I done, exactly, that has impressed your master? Apologies if I seem distrustful, but learning the Order has betrayed us is not an easy thing for me to hear."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:18 pm

The Cloak turned towards Z and the boy. "I will do as you ask, as soon as your brethren are done with their attempted interrogation."

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:"Tribe! The tribe! Last bein' in Al-Erat!"
"Your tribe has been offered battlefield commissions to fight in the war. This would grant them settling rights in the newly conquered lands. They are heavily considering taking this offer."

Higaide wrote:"Can you tell me where your master stands in regard to those that took our companion and their goals?"
"Since you insist on repeating yourself, I shall do the same. My master is not in favor of the return of discord or chaos."

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"And what have I done, exactly, that has impressed your master? Apologies if I seem distrustful, but learning the Order has betrayed us is not an easy thing for me to hear."
"I would not call it betrayal in their minds. Indeed I imagine most of the Order see it as you fulfilling your duty to them, protecting the whole at your own cost. As for what you have done, I neither know nor care."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Hanuel turns to face the others. "We need money. Time and money. Right now, we're barely fit to protect ourselves, let alone rescue Kez and clear our names. We need training, gear, and a better way than walking to get around."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:22 pm

"Not at all. That's just what i wanted to know, thank you."

Last edited by Higaide on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:Hanuel turns to face the others. "We need money. Time and money. Right now, we're barely fit to protect ourselves, let alone rescue Kez and clear our names. We need training, gear, and a better way than walking to get around."
While waiting for an answer from Fierneceal, Rory responds to Hanuel when he initiates discussion. "We have a wagon. We should only ask for things we cannot attain on our own. We make for the Life temple, then Holtburg, and we will do so by wagon. We have the crystal, we can contact him if we have need later."

Last edited by Rory on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:25 pm

"Can ya be gettin' a message to 'em or anythin' from 'em?" Snarg pleads.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:"Can ya be gettin' a message to 'em or anythin' from 'em?" Snarg pleads.
The reply comes flatly, without malice, as if genuinely not understanding. "Why? You already contacted them once."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 pm

Sanrg kicks the ground sheepishly. "Jus' ... wantin' to be checkin' up ... bad times, ya know? Maybe givin' 'em some thinkin's on the commission. I'm bein' greatful if ya the one contactin' 'em 'fore, ya know."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 pm

"i cant find any trace of the thing that took Kez Sad but if my guess is right its about 9 in the morning but as for what day it is, i cant work that out by looking at the sun"

also is we are wanted as the thing has said then going to any of the temples wouldn't be the best idea and certainly not the 14 of us in 1 group we kind of stand out"

"oh that reminds me i also need a message to be sent

um do you have a name as i feels wrong to just be treating you as a thing?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:36 pm

"Travelling over land doesn't seem safe to me, at least not in something so undefended. If we had a boat or something, maybe even an airship, we could have a mobile base of sorts. A way to have a private place, that we can gather information."

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 pm

The Cloak is silent for some time. "I will arrange a message conveyed. Feel free to write it at your leisure. I will have a servant meet with you in person soon for other matters, it will take your letter." It pauses and turns to Tabran. "Forgive me, it did not occur to me you were disoriented. Very little time has passed, it is February 11th, 9:28 AM in 32 seconds."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:42 pm

*To the apparition.*

"You have my thanks. If you would not mind I have two more questions I would ask of you. In which direction and how far away is the nearest town? And is as the nightmare said our Olthoi friend, Kezrinthka of Worker, unharmed?"

*after hearing the answer Z reaches into their pack and takes out a few things bundling them in their scarf and strapping this to the boys back. They also writes a quick note to Tarsella of Firetree.*

Tarsella of Firetree:

*Z tucks this into the pack and turns to the apparition.*

"He is ready."

*Z stands behind the boy with one hand on either shoulder.*

inside the pack:
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down