Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 17th: Marblebush

+5
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Zeiss
Z
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

February 17th: Marblebush - Page 2 Empty Re: February 17th: Marblebush

Post by Zeiss Wed May 01, 2013 12:28 am

Zeiss leans back in his chair, trying to find a position that is more comfortable.

"If I may, could I ask why the need for secrecy? It doesn't seem like you are doing anything wrong after all..."

Caladrius, who has been listening closely the discussion, speaks up.

"Exactly. Most of your people seem quite happy with this arrangement... And while I think of it, couldn't you trade with the Olthoi and the Exchange? The revenues would be a little lower, but as I learned in my youth, it is better not to put all his eggs in the same basket."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 am

"Secrecy?" She laughs faintly. "Not secrecy, merely being cauthious. We sthill have no idea whath gutted so much of the managementh of the Undermarketh. We are simply thrying to survive. Or are you implying, with all these threats you sthate, that you are not doing the same?"

She leans back and glances at Caladrius. "Thrading with both you and the Olthoi might be feasible if we got more workers, but they're buying 100% of what we mine and harvesth right now. But I'm amiable to a deal."

She turns finally towards the Human. "I'm afraid the only work I allow in my thown is work for the Slates. Nothing personal, justh keeps things thidy."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 01, 2013 5:01 am

Rory's eyes narrow into a knowing glare. "I see."

He lets his enmity tarry for a moment, then gets up from the table in search of an empty one. Finding a familiar face, Rory sits down at the table with Z--due to associating a different face with the one that threw insults earlier, as well as recalling the gift she gave him. He opens a bottle of mead and throws it back, taking a long draught. He takes a swig after each moderate interval, during which he broods clear as day. As he ponders, his face adjusts to the glare he adopted earlier.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed May 01, 2013 5:02 am

*Z doesn't visually acknowledge Rory, but says,*

"Any particular reason you are so worried about finding a job?"
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 am

Z wrote:*Z doesn't visually acknowledge Rory, but says,*

"Any particular reason you are so worried about finding a job?"
"Not a job. Work. There's a difference. I'm flat broke, but that ain't what I'm worried about. And I'm not worried."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed May 01, 2013 5:29 am

"Well I don't really care too much about what you worry about or not, but if its going to compromise our aims then that's another story. So I'll ask you again 'Why are you so adamant about finding work?' and I'm suggesting you give a straight answer."

*There is a slight trace of annoyance in her tone, but you detect no trace of threat there yet.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 01, 2013 5:44 am

Z wrote:"Well I don't really care too much about what you worry about or not, but if its going to compromise our aims then that's another story. So I'll ask you again 'Why are you so adamant about finding work?' and I'm suggesting you give a straight answer."

*There is a slight trace of annoyance in her tone, but you detect no trace of threat there yet.*
Rory took a swig. "I told you, I'm broke," he echoed while stifling a short chuckle, genuinely amused. His glare falters as what he was brooding over fades into the back of his mind.

"It doesn't get more straight than that. A simple in-town delivery would have been fine, or heavy lifting. Maybe hunting. I need gold if I'm gonna keep on living, lady. 'Sides, I'm not too--" he stumbled, trying to work his head around the word she used, "--bent on it. I just want to be able to pay my own way."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed May 01, 2013 5:48 am

"Well this isn't the town to do it in, and besides a job like that at a common town, you might make a handful of copper. If you want quick gold go hit the Adventure's Board."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 01, 2013 5:56 am

Z wrote:"Well this isn't the town to do it in, and besides a job like that at a common town, you might make a handful of copper. If you want quick gold go hit the Adventure's Board."
Rory's face turns halfway to his earlier mood reflection. "Sure, let me go do that. Let me just abandon the favor I owe, and the people I've been traveling with. Is that what you want?" He takes another drink.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Snarg picks at his nail absentmindedly. "No one seems to be hiring right now I've noticed, at least not publicly. It seems a win-win for you any way I look at it: hire some more workers, sell to more than one group, and bring in more profit. If you're satisfied with your small business though, then I can't argue with that." He takes a gulp of his drink. "However, it seems like you're passing up a free opportunity here. Take the trade deal ... and if it doesn't work out? The Olthoi are already buying 100% of your supplies, so just reallocate your workers to giving them a larger 100%. What's to lose?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 9:13 pm

"Ah but you've hith on the key dilemma my Gnoll friend." She folds her hands in front of her on the desk. "We are ath full capacithy on the mines, and the woods! More workers would not mean more producth, merely more risk, more danger for our people. Neither do we wanth." She taps her iron tooth a few times, thinking. "However, I do like the idea of having more than one custhomer, justh in case." She ponders the idea.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 01, 2013 9:22 pm

"Not only would you have one other customer, the Exchange would value this partnership greatly, making sure to share important informations with the Slates. And you would also have an easy access to the tools our crafters are making. At a discounted price, of course."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm

The woman leans back, folding her hands and considering for a long, tense moment.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 pm

"Alrighth, what exacthly are your therms, hm?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 pm

"We already have an idea of how much resources the Exchange desires to acquire. But may I ask before we talk specific terms how much lumber and ore you manage to get on, let's say, a monthly basis?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 11:20 pm

"Oh, well righth now we're working pretthy efficienthly, pulling 20 Units of Precious Metals, 10 Units of Construction Lumber, and 5 Units of High Quality Lumber every month."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed May 01, 2013 11:22 pm

Rory wrote:
Z wrote:"Well this isn't the town to do it in, and besides a job like that at a common town, you might make a handful of copper. If you want quick gold go hit the Adventure's Board."
Rory's face turns halfway to his earlier mood reflection. "Sure, let me go do that. Let me just abandon the favor I owe, and the people I've been traveling with. Is that what you want?" He takes another drink.

"It is possible to go do quick adventures without 'abandoning' us. You did notice that when we hit Holtburg several of us went off to do our own thing. It is possible to get things done on a personal level and then rejoin us half a day later. Doesn't take long to knock out a small band of thugs."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed May 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Javan, that was mostly quietly making himself look like a 'bodyguard' just a moment ago together with Gwydo, approached Zeiss and whispered in his ear, "Those numbers... they actually sounds a bit high for the size of the town. Might want to ask for a tour, so we can check the goods. If it's legit, we might be able to sell a few ideas to other places to raise efficiency. If it's not, we can do our hero stuff thing."

Last edited by Essoje on Thu May 02, 2013 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed May 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Z wrote:"It is possible to go do quick adventures without 'abandoning' us. You did notice that when we hit Holtburg several of us went off to do our own thing. It is possible to get things done on a personal level and then rejoin us half a day later. Doesn't take long to knock out a small band of thugs."
Rory shakes his head. "No. Unless we're splitting up, I'm staying here in case something happens. No work to be done here, but so be it,"--he lowers his voice--"but I don't like that. You heard what she said, right?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 02, 2013 12:14 am

Zeiss whispers to Javan :

"Good idea."

He returns his attention to Gretta.

"Before we decide to invest in this arrangement, which I aim to be profitable for all of us, would you consider giving us a tour of your facilities? So that my colleagues may witness the efforts your workers give for their town. And we could discuss the terms of our eventual partnership as we walk."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 12:15 am

"Absoluthely noth." Gretta shakes her head no. "For any number of reasons, including securithy, risk, interuption, but mosth of all, I don'th quite trusth you yeth." She pauses, then opens her hands, palms outwards. "No offense."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am

Rory wrote:Rory shakes his head. "No. Unless we're splitting up, I'm staying here in case something happens. No work to be done here, but so be it,"--he lowers his voice--"but I don't like that. You heard what she said, right?"

"Yes I did, what of it? Its not at all uncommon for this to be the case. In fact it makes perfect sense to me. This town used to be a part of the undermarket, and their entire network was just shut without warning or visible cause or reason. If I were them I would be very suspicious of outsiders and do everything in my power not only to protect my business interests, but also my people. Easiest way to do that, don't associate with strangers."
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 am

Snarg idly twiddles a silver dagger in his fingers. "'Not trusting' is putting it a little light," he mutters under his breath.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 am

Zeiss accepts Gretta's response rather rapidly and speaks again, like if it did not bother him at all.

"The terms then. Compared to the market price, what are the Olthoi offering you?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 02, 2013 1:16 am

Z wrote:"Yes I did, what of it? Its not at all uncommon for this to be the case. In fact it makes perfect sense to me. This town used to be a part of the undermarket, and their entire network was just shut without warning or visible cause or reason. If I were them I would be very suspicious of outsiders and do everything in my power not only to protect my business interests, but also my people. Easiest way to do that, don't associate with strangers."
"Is that so? And where do you draw the line between protecting the people and stepping on them? Restricting them--threatening them, who knows--from asking whoever they want for help they'd gladly pay for?"

Rory downs the last of his drink. "Deciding who to do business with is a choice the people make for themselves. They're not children. Even if the Slates have authority, it's still wrong."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next