Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite game of all time

+3
Archengeia
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
7 posters

Go down

Your favorite game of all time Empty Your favorite game of all time

Post by Zeiss Thu May 09, 2013 2:44 pm

So guys, I was listening to some Ocarina of Time music and I was wondering. As FF6 is Arch's favorite game of all time, what is yours?

Mine is The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time. I played that game when I was less than ten years old, in english. You know that my first language is french, and I did not learn english until I played Kotor 1 over and over, when I was fourteen years old (around 2004-2005). And I completed Ocarina of Time, by myself, after playing for many months. It is by far my favorite video game, and I bought the 3DS solely for this little gem.

I am curious to know what is yours guys. Shoot!
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Your favorite game of all time Empty Re: Your favorite game of all time

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

I really do not like classifying a single game as my favorite. If there's something that will keep my attention, will make me go back and replay it (especially if it's a linear story), then I consider that worthy of being in the favorite category and equal with all those. If I sorted those games based on the amount of time I've played them and then picked the top one, it would probably be World of Warcraft. Other games in that category would be Chrono Trigger, Rollercoaster Tycoon, The Sims, DotA/HoN, Counter-Strike, Link's Awakening, Pokémon (any), and the list goes on.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Just thought I'd list out what I've been calling the Top 20 for a while now, for fun. Yes I know there's more then 20, yer missing the point.

1: Final Fantasy VI
2: Chrono Trigger

The rest are in no particular order:

Final Fantasy IV
Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 2
Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door
Yoshi's Island 1
Megaman X1
Megaman 3
Super Metroid
Metroid Prime 1
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Earthbound
World of Warcraft (across its entire run)
Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne
Half Life 2
Secret of Mana
Pokemon (Entire Main Series. If I had to pick an individual one I'd go with Platinum)
Kingdom Hearts (Entire Series. If I had to pick one I'd go with 2)
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri May 10, 2013 6:57 am

I'm gonna list some games that are my favorites. I didn't really play a whole lot of games as a kid, at least until I routed around in garbage bins around town that were treasure troves of cans and bottles for that quick, measly amount of cash, to rent games with. My parents didn't want to support my video game passion. In fact, when my birthday or Christmas come around, they do everything in their power to circumvent my gift ideas and just give me clothes and things I need, instead of anything entertainment-related(I know, I ought to be grateful, but still).

I'm not trying to grab attention in the form of pity when I say that, I'm just lettin' y'know the reasons for why I haven't played a whole lot of the old games.

Also, after playing FF7(the first Final Fantasy I've played), I went into anything Final Fantasy with the attitude of "yes please, give me more! Faith granted!" And then I saw FF8. And FF10. I was still willing to give them a try. Hell, when you're a kid and the expectations are built up high, or your faith is built up high, and you are greeted with something much less than what you expected, you play tricks with your own mind and try to convince yourself that it's just you, or that it's till good. Then, I saw FFXIII. GOOD. GOD. What have you people done. I don't know why, and I realize this might come off as shallow, but with that game, it was just a matter of looking at it and just losing my appetite. Remember that first wallpaper of Snow? He looks like a douche! I'm sorry, I know that's harsh. ANYWAY...

I'd like to remind you that I came up with this on the spot. It's in no way final or carefully scrutinized, but it gets the job done for now.
Final Fantasy Tactics
Skyrim
[Telltale's]The Walking Dead
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Mass Effect 2*
Red Dead Redemption
EDIT: Just one more thing I had to add in, because I'd totally play and keep a copy if I ever got my hands on it:
*Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis*

*Until Mass Effect 3, which was my favorite until I went through the 5 stages of coping with death after playing through the ending(yes really, I'm serious), and now I just can't make myself love it anymore.

EDIT
Also, I know I have blatantly displayed my love for Splatterhouse, which I still think is a good game(as in it's replayable, but it has its flaws and rough spots), but as an epic, it falls short--hell, it doesn't even aim that high. It's just a simple gory brawler. The reason I keep it handy is because sometimes, that's all I need--a gory brawler with an acceptable storyline.

Also, it's worth noting that I don't list games rated E-E10. I've moved on from tame, kid-friendly games--as in not progressed or grown out of, but just going from here to there, for better or worse depending on who you ask.

Found it! Played it! Loved it!

Last edited by Rory on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Fri May 10, 2013 11:11 am

I'm going to have to agree with Third on this as far as not having a "favourite" game, but more a list of games I enjoy going back and replaying.
In no particular order:
Dragon Age (Origins)
Fallout 3
Saint's Row 2
Too Human
Alan Wake
Fable (primarily 3, but enjoyed 1 & 2 also.)
KOTOR (1 & 2)
Elder Scrolls: Morrowind
Batman: Arkham City
Telltale Games Monkey Island remakes
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Diablo 2
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
X-Men Legends
Borderlands (1 & 2)

I would have added Mass Effect 1 & 2 if 3 hadn't ruined the series for me.
And I know I'm going to get crap for this, but I'll go ahead and it. I'm one of the few people that has never played any of the Final Fantasy games.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sat May 11, 2013 8:28 am

I also don't have one particular favorite or a list ready, so here are my favorites in random order. I also haven't played a lot of the oldies, so...yeah. Some of these I haven't played in a while but still have fond memories.

The Longest Journey
Planescape Torment
Rome: Total War
Dark Souls
Dragon Age: Originis
Warcraft III RoC + FT
World of Warcraft (mostly vanilla and BC)
Black & White
Civilization 3
The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind
Need For Speed Underground 1 & 2
The Witcher 2
Dota 2
To The Moon
Neverwinter Nights (with all its expansions)
Star Wars: KotoR
Assassin's Creed II
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm

I like to see your answers guys. We can also see some patterns in your lists (Bioware games, Mass Effect 2 and before that).

Only a handful of people haven't answered. Go go go!! Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat May 11, 2013 7:47 pm

At some point I will have to do a full explanation of my lack of gamerness so you guys can understand. .actually I may do that as an into to myself when brother gets out here and I start doing some fail run streams for you guys Smile

Anywho, I can't really answer that question as I haven't played enough games to HAVE favorites. :p so ill tell you what I am playing right now.

Of course there are the two pc games I never seem to put down
World of Warcraft
Minecraft (I have the full pocket addition as well and you can look me up on the app Seeds Pro to see a few of my pocket addition creations)

Then there are my DS games (DSi):
Rune Factory 3
From the Abyss (I thnk that's the name I don't have it on me and I always remeber it wrong...)

And uhh that is pretty much it xP
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down